Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reggie Photo

THE Seal

The Presidential Seal should be at center court. That would be cool.

Where are they playing? Is there a court in the white house? Did obama build one by abusing his powers? If I were president, I would definitely do that...

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Where are they playing? Is there a court in the white house? Did obama build one by abusing his powers? If I were president, I would definitely do that...
    According to an interview on the Today show this week with the head White House Groundskeeper, the turned the White House tennis courts into a basketball court.

Quote Originally Posted by dyedwab View Post
    According to an interview on the Today show this week with the head White House Groundskeeper, the turned the White House tennis courts into a basketball court.
    I thought it had been around longer, and that it had just been a little neglected...

http://www.whitehousemuseum.org/grou...ball-court.htm

Yeah, it was first installed in 1991.

It looks like it was only a half-court at the time though. I guess President Obama had the tennis court removed to expand it to full-court...? Or maybe it's a different court. I can't tell.
    Last edited by El_Diablo; 10-21-2009 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    I thought it had been around longer, and that it had just been a little neglected...
    Yeah, I heard that in an interview with Obama too... that the court was a little grown over.

NCAA Champs

I'd like to see K matched up against the O-Man on that court when the Devils accept the standing invitation that goes out to NCAA champs. Restore a little class to the once honored tradition. It's been tarnished recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Yeah, I heard that in an interview with Obama too... that the court was a little grown over.
    I also thought I heard that the basketball court was a place for "storage"... since no one used it...

OSHA

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    http://www.whitehousemuseum.org/grou...ball-court.htm

Yeah, it was first installed in 1991.

It looks like it was only a half-court at the time though. I guess President Obama had the tennis court removed to expand it to full-court...? Or maybe it's a different court. I can't tell.
    I am thinking that the half court and the horseshoe pit were too close for safety. Imagine going in for a layup and landing on the post (see the last photo image) No doubt government regulations shut them down.