Jason's son hits game-winning PK

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    --Jason "While I search for a new sig, check out this video of my son's Middle School soccer team winning the league title. There is a cool shootout at the 2:45 mark of the tape and my son, Drew, hits the winning goal!! " Evans
    How about:

--Jason "Father of Champions" Evans
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 10-20-2009 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    How about:

--Jason "Father of Champions" Evans
    Thanks, BD80. I am telling you, no matter how much I love Duke... nothing compares to how it felt when my own son hit that PK to win the game.

--Jason "I cannot imagine what it must be like to be the parent of the elite athletes who actually play for Duke... wow!" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Thanks, BD80. I am telling you, no matter how much I love Duke... nothing compares to how it felt when my own son hit that PK to win the game.

--Jason "I cannot imagine what it must be like to be the parent of the elite athletes who actually play for Duke... wow!" Evans
    Jason "Father Of Stone Cold Assassin Drew Evans" Evans??

Future Headline- "Evans Nails Game Winning Kick to give USA First Ever World Cup Victory"

AP- Drew "Stone Cold Assassin" Evans, the kid born with ice in his veins nails penalty kick to bring home the Cup in front of a packed crowd at.......

Last night - fall baseball. The North Durham Little League Dodgers are down 12 - 10 in the final inning, bases loaded and 2 outs. Dan Murray (his team's top batter) is up. A simple base hit wins the game. First two pitches fouled off very hard. Then, completely fooled by an off-speed pitch for strike three. Nothing is worse than an inconsolable 10 year old. And remnding him of all the times when it was his bat or his pitching that won the game does not matter a bit - he is too much of a competitor, even at 10, to listen to that. Oh well, he plays again tomorrow. But there is no greater high and no greater low for a parent than your kid playing a sport that you love.

A bit of solace - a parent on the the team, standing way down the first base line, was rudely heckling the volunteer field umpire all night (that would be me - we use paid umps at the plate and volunteer parents on the bases in the fall). I ignored him and kept my cool, despite the fact that he was being a jerk. When Dan came into the game he struck his kid out on three pitches. I didn't turn around to look at him, because I didn't need to. We both knew . . . Thanks Dan, that was sweet revenge.
    Last edited by allenmurray; 10-20-2009 at 02:05 PM.