Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

My list

Bobby Jones
    Worthy
    Brad Daugherty
    and from my early days of watching the NBA while living in Phoenix "Sweet D" Walter Davis.

If they have the skill without the attitude it is a lot easier to not dislike them. For example, THans has an attitude. Thus easy to dislike.
    Last edited by YmoBeThere; 04-26-2007 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Should have been Bobby Jones not Billy Cunningham

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    Jawad Williams?! When he played against Duke is was tough to tell who talked more trash: him or Dahntay. That guy was dirty and ran his mouth the whole game. Surprised to hear that stuff about Ouchmynosehurts-brough, he seems like he's a quiet guy from humble beginnings, but I dont know him or know anyone who knows him, and am glad to take your guys' info and call him a jerk!
    I should add Noel to my list. Jawad just seemed like a good team guy. Compared to guys like Jason Capel, he seemed pretty quiet to me. Could have missed his trash talking and dirtiness, though.

As for Hansbrough, his being a jerk is more him being arrogant and having an "I'm too important for you or for this charity event" attitude. My friend said he was just full of himself. He also apparently blew off a camp volunteer who had politely asked for an autograph. Admittedly, these are second-hand stories, and hardly chronicle a long history, but it doesn't paint a glowing picture.

James Worthy
    Bobby Jones
    Dennis Wuycik
    Last edited by edensquad; 04-26-2007 at 12:38 AM.

I've always loved Rasheed + Jamison as a goofus and gallant type combo. Jamison always seemed unstoppable, he catch and shoot in the same motion and score within 1/2 second of catching the ball. He seemed like a nice man, and I remember it was a picture of him hugging his youger brother in the paper that won me over. Rasheed was fun to watch b/c he was so stupid, yet also so good. This page still give me a lot of laughs:
    http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Loge/7346/ You can still watch these kind on antics in the NBA with 'Sheed. He's just clueless.

I also dug Cota and thought Jackie Manual would have been a great sixth man for Duke.

I like them now that they aren't wearing baby blue anymore..

Felton
    May
    Jamison
    Stackhouse
    Jackie Manuel
    Hubert Davis

I agree with Wilson.

My list is also blank.

GTHC!

my list includes:
    absolutely nobody.

(ok, i liked JR smith because he never showed up to play)

Quote Originally Posted by dukemsu View Post
    Does Lawrence Taylor count?

dukemsu
    I very much like the fact that the Lions FINALLY unloaded Dre Bly.

Got to be Hubert Davis.

This is like asking me to choose my favorite medical procedure: I don't like any of them!!!

UNC Players

In addition to Davis and Daughtery, two Heels that I liked were Mike Pepper and Bobby Lewis. Pepper was a local kid who played at Flint Hill. He was a nice high school player in the late 70's but he was not recruited by ACC schools. He played in the preliminary game to the DC Met All Stars vs. U.S. All Star game. The latter was one of the top two or three high school All Star games at that time and Dean was there to check out some kids. He got there early and saw Pepper play a very good game. He liked what he saw and offered Pepper a scholarship. Mike sat at the end of the bench for his first two years, played as a reserve as a junior and started as a senior. Mike lives in Northern Virginia and he came through a very serious brain operation a few years ago.

Lewis was another local player who was one of the top high school players in the country in the early 60's. I played pickup against Bobby and he was not only the best I ever played with but seemed to be a good guy. He went on to average over 22ppg for Dean.

gw67

Geoge Lynch -- a very nice guy (could be a politician!).

the deceased ones... those I like.

I've always enjoyed watching Rasheed Wallace in the pros, especially during his days in Portland (there was just something about watching this guy with the extremely volatile temper knocking down deep threes that made me enjoy watching), so I guess I'll choose him.

JR Smith's 30-footers in the 2005 McDonald's game also caught my attention quite a bit, as I love guys with incredible distance on their shots. So, as much as I hate to say it, I may have actually *****liked***** watching him in light blue (Oh how much I just cringed reading that.)

No mention of Wayne Ellington?

Seems like a nice enough guy. Friend of Henderson's.

Good enough for me.

OK, first of all this thread stinks.

Second of all, Jawad Williams stunk more than this thread. Jawad went to my rival high school and then went to Carolina, so he's essentially as close as I come to having an anti-Christ.

Now, for those of you who may have missed this, harken back to Jawad's senior season and his McD's all-american game played in Cameron Indoor Stadium. In his post game interview, he was asked if he was looking forward to playing again in Cameron in a Tar Heel uni. Keeping in mind that he was on the "winning" team that night he replied by saying, "Oh yeah. And we're gonna own this place like we did tonight."

How'd that work out for ya Jawad? Jawad's career record at UNC in Cameron...

0-4!!! (Thanks in part to the Phalanx, I like to believe.)

Jawad su**s.
    WWJDD?

3 names come to mind

JR Smith
    Marvin Williams
    Brandan Wright
    ...for leaving (or never showing up in the 1st place)

Oh, and Matt Doherty & Bill Guthridge for causing them to suck so bad.

I'm gonna go throw up now after be flooded with memories of Montross & Jamison & Hubert Davis.

Since I'm a Carolina fan and therefore like the majority of our players, I'll name the Carolina players I didn't like:

Brian Reese - not for anything personal, but he seemed to always dribble off his foot. Plus, he should've listened to Dean and not try to dunk the ball against Cinci.

Shammond Williams - I actually liked him a lot as a player, but my freshman year at UNC (his senior year) he made some completely inappropriate comments to a friend of mine.

Pat Sullivan - I just never really liked him very much. It didn't help that I saw him at Top of the Hill in 2001 completely blasted and hitting on (and being rebuffed by) sorority girls 10 years younger than him.

And my most hated Carolina player (and this shouldn't be too much of a surprise):

Makhtar Ndiaye - I thought he was a punk before he came to UNC and he never proved me wrong. The Utah Final Four game was just the final topping on the cake (not just the false accusation, but the fact that due to Guthridge's dumb substitution pattern Makhtar started the game; I really do think that affected our play). I wished he never played for Carolina and I was glad when he left. Ugh.

Ditto, Wilson, on the basketball players, but I have to say LT (as a Giants fan) and Mia Hamm.