Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Carolina players I have liked

A buddy and I were talking about Carolina players that we have liked.

We had three that came to mind;

Antawn Jamison - an absolute beast down low, great skills, great touch, never saw a single woof from him.

Sean May - reminded me a lot of Elton with those super soft hands and big body.

Tyler - I know he might be a bit nuts, but damn that boy works SO so hard, and never takes a play off. That grit would have been a nice compliment to Josh's game.

So, what about all of you? Come on, you might hate them, but you gotta respect some of those players in baby blue

Now the FANS... eh, not sure we have to respect THEM... but...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    A buddy and I were talking about Carolina players that we have liked.

We had three that came to mind;

Antawn Jamison - an absolute beast down low, great skills, great touch, never saw a single woof from him.

Sean May - reminded me a lot of Elton with those super soft hands and big body.

Tyler - I know he might be a bit nuts, but damn that boy works SO so hard, and never takes a play off. That grit would have been a nice compliment to Josh's game.

So, what about all of you? Come on, you might hate them, but you gotta respect some of those players in baby blue

Now the FANS... eh, not sure we have to respect THEM... but...

I was just thinking the other day (and this may be sacrilege) that I do respect Jamison's game now. He was failing to carry the Wizards on his back at the time, but he still seems to handle himself well. Even so, it's hard to not dislike that fact that he completely destroyed Duke during when I was a freshman. I'd never seen someone get a layup onto the glass that quickly before.

My buddy and I used to joke about how he would only touch the ball for 30 seconds but score 35 points. Well... maybe it wasn't a joke, but...

Like? No. Respect the game? Yes.

I can't stand Hansbrough. I know people who work at UNC's Montross camp, and all have stated he's a jerk. I'm not shocked by this, because he seems like a punk on the court. I respect his hustle, effort, and production, but I don't like his game and I don't get the feeling I'd like him.

Jamison was frustrating to watch, but he was really good. I guess I respected him. He didn't seem like a jerk.

Other guys who I respected from UNC included:
    George Lynch
    Eric Montross
    Jawad Williams
    Raymond Felton
    Jackie Manual

That's about it. The rest, I could do without.

I liked Billy Cunningham and Bob Bennett.

Pssst!
    I like Rasheed, but then again, I'm a Detroiter.

A very short list

Michael Jordan
    James Worthy
    Sam Perkins
    Brad Dougherty
    Rick Duckette (walk on in the 70s, I coached little league with him in Winston Salem in 1978 and 79. He drinks Miller High Life in the original bottles. Nice guy, even if he went to carolina!)
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Here's my list:

David Noel and that's it. He was a class act.

Including Hansbrough on your list should make you feel the need to take a bath. That guy is a jerk.

Lord Ash,

Without a doubt, Hubert Davis. Davis was a Crazie favorite, so much so that when he went down with an injury in Cameron, the Crazies clapped him up and did a Hubert/Davis clap5 cheer for him and he loved it.

I spoke to Hub years after that event, and he remembered that cheer and that particular play in Cameron.

Good guy.

dth.

I must say Felton was probably my favorite Tarheel. He hustled, kept a straight face, and spoke articulately during interviews.

My least favorite - Dirty sheed.

Eric Staal, Erik Cole, Ray Whitney, Cam Ward, Rod Brind'Amour, Jake Delhomme, Steve Smith, Mike Minter. Danielle Fotopoulous was pretty cool too. I haven't gotten out to see the Mudcats much.

Lord Ash or Judas?

Lord Ash is compiling a list of UNC players that he likes and soliciting others to add their favorites??? What is this world coming to? Shame, shame.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Other guys who I respected from UNC included:
    George Lynch
    Eric Montross
    Jawad Williams
    Raymond Felton
    Jackie Manual
    Jawad Williams?! When he played against Duke is was tough to tell who talked more trash: him or Dahntay. That guy was dirty and ran his mouth the whole game. Surprised to hear that stuff about Ouchmynosehurts-brough, he seems like he's a quiet guy from humble beginnings, but I dont know him or know anyone who knows him, and am glad to take your guys' info and call him a jerk!

Hubert Davis
    Michael Jordan - my wife went to Laney High - everyone says the guy was top notch

but my favorite was Brad Daugherty. Met him in Asheville, NC (near his hometown) and he was very intelligent, gracious, and pleasant. Really enjoyed him doing b-ball games. His work on the Duke v. Maryland "Gone in X seconds" game was great I thought (except- though no fault of his own - when ESPN - surprise/surprise - lost the feed in a crucial part of the game).

While I dont remember his college game, James Worthy was always a favorite of mine in the NBA. He always seemed like he spoke more with actions than words.

however, my all time favorite ACC player not from Duke is hands down Mark Price.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill

There is one

Cliff Morris, walk-on in the '80s and starting player on the Jordan High School State Championship team in 1981, currently a cardiologist. Thanks Cliffy! (I was captain of the Jordan cheerleaders that year.)

quite a few of late

For some reason, there have been quite a few I've liked over the last couple seasons:

Felton
    May
    Hansbrough
    Noel
    I don't really have anything against any of the current heels, which is odd...after 3 years of McCancer, it's a bit refreshing.
    Jamison seemed like a good guy - I was in grad. school at Clemson when he and Carter were there - the most dominant guys I've ever seen that were hardly allowed to touch the ball, or so it seemed.
    Montross, although a total goof, seemed like a fun guy
    Easy to like Doherty now, but I honestly don't remember much about him when he played
    Really respected Dean Smith and Gut
    I don't dislike Roy, but I do find him to be disingenuine

All in all, a pretty likeable bunch in the past couple classes, which is odd; one would think I would like them less when they're beating us.

s.i.

Worthy
    Daugherty
    Lebo
    Lynch
    Reese

The rest can, well, go to hell.

dukemsu

Does Lawrence Taylor count?

dukemsu