The Split/Unbreakable sequel is happening!

Shyamalan just announced it. The film will star Willis, McAvoy, and Sam Jackson. It will be titled Glass and is being released in January of 2019 (long wait!!).

I wonder if that means Jackson's Mr. Glass will be the main character. In Unbreakable, I don't think Mr. Glass had a superpower. He just had such fragile bones he figured there must be someone "unbreakable" who was the opposite of him. Was he supposed to have some kind of power beyond being brittle. Both David Dunn (ESP, super healing/immunity) and The Hoard (powers unknown, but clearly possesses super strength) have super powers... does Mr. Glass have powers too or is he merely a criminal mastermind?

-Jason "really excited for a real-life superhero kind of thing... though Shyamalan has sure messed up good ideas in the past!" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Shyamalan just announced it. The film will star Willis, McAvoy, and Sam Jackson. It will be titled Glass and is being released in January of 2019 (long wait!!).

I wonder if that means Jackson's Mr. Glass will be the main character. In Unbreakable, I don't think Mr. Glass had a superpower. He just had such fragile bones he figured there must be someone "unbreakable" who was the opposite of him. Was he supposed to have some kind of power beyond being brittle. Both David Dunn (ESP, super healing/immunity) and The Hoard (powers unknown, but clearly possesses super strength) have super powers... does Mr. Glass have powers too or is he merely a criminal mastermind?

-Jason "really excited for a real-life superhero kind of thing... though Shyamalan has sure messed up good ideas in the past!" Evans
    I thought he was just a criminal mastermind (maybe evil genius, in the mold of a Lex Luthor?), but I think the movie ended basically with the denouement plus some text saying what happened later. That doesn't really rule out any subtle supernatural powers, though. He could have some kind of verbal persuasion, for example. But I think that might be a bad retcon. We'll see!