Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GoDuke broadcasts

Perhaps I am reading it wrong, but it looks as though this year that GoDuke will provide video of the Blue-White scrimmage, but only audio of the exhibition games. I thought in previous years they provided video of the exhibition games as well. If my understanding is correct, then I would be a fool to subscribe to the video for $10 a month, and only get the BW scrimmage in video (unless I want to see high jumping or something else which I do not). Am I incorrect in my analysis?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    Perhaps I am reading it wrong, but it looks as though this year that GoDuke will provide video of the Blue-White scrimmage, but only audio of the exhibition games. I thought in previous years they provided video of the exhibition games as well. If my understanding is correct, then I would be a fool to subscribe to the video for $10 a month, and only get the BW scrimmage in video (unless I want to see high jumping or something else which I do not). Am I incorrect in my analysis?
    Their video package is far from worth money. I would be more inclined if they broadcast more sports live, like women's basketball. The interview videos they show are readily available on wral.com. Even if they did include the exhibitions, I would not be willing to pay for it. I do get the audio subscription, very handy if you are on the road and have no radio/tv available.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Duke really ought to do a better job

in letting the public know what's available from GoDuke. If you click here:

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...RIBER_CONTENT=

it indicates that:

"LIVE video for the Men's and Women's Basketball Blue-White Scrimmages and Exhibition Game" will be available.

But, if you go here:

http://www.goduke.com/liveEvents/liv...DB_OEM_ID=4200

it indicates that no video events will be available.

I do not understand why Duke puts such a low priority on making the fan base aware of what is going to be available. Who would pay for video if no events are going to streamed? Not only is Duke giving up a revenue stream, it is irritatitating the very people who want to support the teams.

I just misspelled irritating in my prior post. How do you go about editing a post to correct errors?

Video Schedule Update

I just noticed that Go Duke Inside Access has now listed the men's B/W scrimmage and the Pfeiffer and Findlay exhibitions as televised events.

Ten Minute Rule

Quote Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
    I just misspelled irritating in my prior post. How do you go about editing a post to correct errors?
    1. You have about ten minutes to go back and edit. I, for one, have found that typos magically appear when a post is submitted that I swear were not there previously.
    2. The other trick is hit "Preview Post," especially if you are using quotes or other stuff that isn't obvious in the native format.
    3. If you make a mistake in the Title of the message, you are out of luck. The best thing to do is send an e-mail to a friendly mod (there are one or two).
    4. Point 3 is also the right response if the edit period has expired and you feel that an edit is still required. I wouldn't worry about misspelling "irritating;" most of us can spell; we just can't use a keyboard properly.

sagegrouse

Thanks for the update on games. For $10 for 3 games (counting B/W as a game), I believe it is worth it, particularly after having been deprived of MBB since spring!

Quote Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
    I just noticed that Go Duke Inside Access has now listed the men's B/W scrimmage and the Pfeiffer and Findlay exhibitions as televised events.

Does anyone know if video of the B/W game will be available to view after-the-fact, either on the subscription plan or not?

DO NOT pay money for the video. DO NOT!!! It is disgusting that they charged money for that service last year as it worked less than half the time.

Bad video is better than no video at all. I had the service last year, and I agree that it wasn't worth $10. But, some of us are slow learners.

GoDuke feeds

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    Bad video is better than no video at all. I had the service last year, and I agree that it wasn't worth $10. But, some of us are slow learners.
    Call me cheap-- but for the price that Duke charges for tickets and parking and all the games are sold-out anyway, I feel that they should at least have the audio if not the video as a free feed on their website. This is especially true since the radio on WDNC is so poor at night. I live 10 mile from Durham and can barely pick it up at night. Alternatively, they should allow alumni to view the games for free. I just cannot get used to having to pay to watch your local teams.

Fortunately, essentially all the regular season games are on broadcast TV. So, the only real issue is the B/W scrimmage and the two exhibitions.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    DO NOT pay money for the video. DO NOT!!! It is disgusting that they charged money for that service last year as it worked less than half the time.
    I was going to get it, but now I don't know. What was the problem last year? I feel like it might be worth it (if it works) because you get 3 games for roughly 3 dollars each.

Do the local radio stations cover the games like they do football? We can listen to football games for free on the internet...

Edit: I would definitely get the video package if I could watch the games afterward and not have to rely on the live streaming video.

Quote Originally Posted by FireOgilvie View Post
    I was going to get it, but now I don't know. What was the problem last year? I feel like it might be worth it (if it works) because you get 3 games for roughly 3 dollars each.

Do the local radio stations cover the games like they do football? We can listen to football games for free on the internet...

Edit: I would definitely get the video package if I could watch the games afterward and not have to rely on the live streaming video.
    Let me put it this way. When I say DO NOT get it, I mean- "do not get it if you are prone to breaking things when you expect to see a Duke game and can't because of technical issues." Last year, 1.5 of the games were unavailable due to technical difficulties. I believe the service is JumpTv.

HOWEVER, if you are okay with paying 10$ for potentially off an on coverage of the three games and feel that this is better than nothing, then definitely do it. Also, they might have fixed the problems from last year, but I do not know.

As a customer, DO NOT get that service. As a Duke fan... you might want to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by FireOgilvie View Post

Not sure when the transfer of stations go through for Curtis Media to WRAL and still haven't gotten a solid answer on whether the basketball games will be carried on 620. I'm sure they'll be on the radio somewhere on the dial.

Regardless, the look inside the huddle from Matthew Laurence will be sorely missed as it doesn't appear there will be a replacement this year, if ever.

After all my hooping and hollering, what do i do anyway? I spend the $10 after telling myself that it is just the cost of a sandwich and drink and I am DUKE FAN GOSH DARNIT!!!

What happens when I click on the Live Broadcast of tonight's events? It doesn't work. I hate myself sometimes...

Well, the link is "working" for me but it doesn't take me to actual live games- to the Blue White, instead it is highlights and stuff that is neat, but not what I want to watch right now.

Very annoying. Hopefully they just haven't started yet, but I fear that isn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by terrih View Post
    Well, the link is "working" for me but it doesn't take me to actual live games- to the Blue White, instead it is highlights and stuff that is neat, but not what I want to watch right now.

Very annoying. Hopefully they just haven't started yet, but I fear that isn't the case.
    I thought that the actual "game" didn't start until later... 7:30? It's unclear from GoDuke. I haven't really seen a minute-by-minute schedule, just a general start time for everything.

I got the video package. I'm watching it in Internet Explorer so I don't take any chances with incompatibility.

It just started: 6:51 pm. I hear the announcer.

Now it's going with some videos... I hope the live quality is as good as this.

FYI, tip for the B/W game is 8:15PM EST... (two 12-min halves, 1-min halftime break). Dunk contest immediately following.

I suppose that means none of the actual game will be on ESPNU? Duke is supposed to get some of the 4 hours of MM coverage, but my guide indicates the coverage doesn't start until 8PM CST.

Info: http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...CLID=204805114