Have you looked at the ACC standings this morning? The difference between the Coastal and Atlantic Divisions is astounding:

Atlantic:
Wake Forest 2-1 4-2
Maryland 1-1 2-4
Boston Col 2-2 4-2
Clemson 1-2 2-3
NC State 0-2 3-3
FSU 0-3 2-4

Coastal
Virginia Tech 3-0 5-1
Virginia 1-0 2-3
Ga Tech 3-1 5-1
Miami 2-1 4-1
Duke 1-1 3-3
UNC 0-2 4-2

The three best teams in the ACC -- by a wide margin -- are all in the Coastal (VPI, Miami and Ga Tech). I'm not sure who should be No. 4 -- Wake? UNC? BC? Duke?

I don't think I'm being a homer to suggest that if Duke were in the Atlantic Division, we'd have a realistic chance to play in the ACC title game (especially if that meant we'd get to replace Miami and Ga Tech on the schedule with BC and Clemson).

As it stands, Va Tech can virtually clinch the Coastal title with a win in Atlanta this coming Saturday. It won't be easy, but they already have a win over Miami, so they'd be 4-0 with the tough part of the schedule out of the way. They'd have to lose two of their last four to give Miami (or Duke) a chance. I guess Virginia would still have their fate in their hands, but I don't think they win out.

The Atlantic is a mess. I have no idea who comes out of there with the title. I just wish we were in the mix.

BTW: It's early, but the Coastal is 5-0 against the Atlantic so far this season: Miami over FSU; VPI over BC; GTech over Clemson; GTech over FSU and Duke over NC State. Hope that trend continues when we play Maryland from the Atlantic.