Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

FB: Duke 49, NCSU 28

Here is an injury update from WRAL

Safety Javon Walker (knee) and defensive end Jeff Rieskamp (hip) are out, and cornerback Rashard Smith (ankle) is listed as questionable for the game with Duke, N.C. State announced on Thursday.
    Smith has started two games this season.
    That's good news for us. They already are trying to tweak their pass defense, so having a starting corner questionable for the game won't make them any stronger in that category. I'm not sure if O'Brien was planning on starting him for the Duke game, but you'd have to imagine he would be in there at some point.
    I think we are going to see a high scoring game with passing emphasized by both teams.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Big game for both teams for sure, NC State is trying to stay in the hunt for the Atlantic Division lead, Duke is still trying to find a consistant identity. I like Duke in this IF they can get State on their heels by a couple of early scores. Momentum wise,this could be the reverse of last year, where this time Duke plays loose and confident, State gets tentative because the sure win they thought they were going to get never materializes. If Duke plays the way they did against VT, only executing a bit better in the redzone and in secondary coverage, I believe we can win by 10, and I would not be shocked. Of course if September Duke shows up, NCSU can destroy us.

This Duke team has played better, improving week by week. Coach Cutcliffe and the staff have generally been doing a great job of preparing the team for each opponent. I think there will be some surprises tomorrow.

I'm going to the game to represent the Blue and White! Love to see the same effort against Va. Tech with a few improvements on 3rd down stops. Maybe a couple less OB kickoffs. Get a great effort against State, steal a win heading into a bye week with Maryland and UVA on the horizon. Who knows. Maybe we could get on a roll??? Am I an optimist or what?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by 6th Man View Post
    Get a great effort against State, steal a win heading into a bye week with Maryland and UVA on the horizon.
    Sounds like a plan, have a great time at the game! I was very tempted to go to this game too, but needed a break from travelling. I did get my tix to watch us take home the victory bell, though!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

From the looks of your location CameronBornAndBred you deserve some rest. I'll do my part in Raleigh and you bring home the Victory Bell from Chapel Hill. I notice you post a lot on the football. I admire your support. While I am all things Duke, staying true to the football team takes true dedication. My wish is for all of us that have stuck with them through the tough times get rewarded with some great football in the coming years.

Why not us?

Why not now?

RIP 'EM UP, TEAR 'EM UP, GIVE'M HELL DUKE!!!!!

Reggie Love played football for Duke.
    Obama hired Reggie Love.
    Obama used, "Yes We Can" as a campaign slogan.
    Obama won the presidency.

I see a trend here . . . Can we do it?

Yes We Can!

A big day for our kick/punt returners would be nice:

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/c...ry/132915.html

Winning the field position battle is a good way to chalk up a victory. Johnny Williams, Conner Vernon, and Desmond Scott need to exploit the Pack.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    A big day for our kick/punt returners would be nice:

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/c...ry/132915.html

Winning the field position battle is a good way to chalk up a victory. Johnny Williams, Conner Vernon, and Desmond Scott need to exploit the Pack.
    This is a good article. I read it earlier today. Wish I had linked it from my desk here in Raleigh before you linked it from Japan. I hope we can exploit their secondary more than they exploit ours. A long KO return or three would be nice for a score and/or great field position.

I'll be there screaming my head off. We need our defense to step up today!
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by 6th Man View Post
    My wish is for all of us that have stuck with them through the tough times get rewarded with some great football in the coming years.
    I have no doubts we will, with the school and sports administrations seemingly behind the efforts on the field. If you are at the home games, swing by the brunchgate tent on Devil's Alley. We are expecting a pretty big tailgate crowd for the Maryland game.

TV ?

Is there any way to watch the game online? I have no access to ESPNU.

k

I thought we had a good crowd vs VT last week, especially considering how close they are and well the fanbase travels. If we can pick up a win today, we should have a sizeable crowd for UMD. I can't wait. Even though we lost, last weeks game was a lot of fun.

Something to consider as our game with State approaches...
    Boston College is making Duke look very impressive..early second quarter the score is 24-0, VT is manhandling them.

BC gave up 34 to VT in the first half. 34-0.

Is State still a double-digit favorite?

I could perhaps see 2-4 points, but the Devils are not getting their due. I see this game as a toss-up, and wouldn't consider a Duke win an upset at all.

Big game for us. This is the kind of game we need to win to 1) prove we're getting better, and 2) impress some recruits.

Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    2) impress some recruits.
    Go Duke!
    At this point, I'd put that as a prime. Good post, GO DUKE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimist View Post
    Is there any way to watch the game online? I have no access to ESPNU.

k
    Hopefully, someone will stream it via a slingbox...

For the time being, radio:

http://www.wsfl.com/streamer/streamer.html

There's a TV link on SnrubChat