Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

One basketball game time changed, single game tickets announced

The following is from goduke.com..
    Duke University announced three game time changes as well as single game ticket sales for five contests on Tuesday. The Duke ticket office will begin selling single game tickets on Monday, Oct. 5.

Three early season contests at Cameron Indoor Stadium have changed start times beginning with the opening round of the NIT Season Tip-Off. Duke will still face Coastal Carolina on Monday, Nov. 16 in a 7:00 p.m. tip-off on ESPNU, while Charlotte and Elon will now play at 9:30 p.m. Tuesday's championship game remains a 6:00 p.m. start time with the consolation game following at 8:30 p.m.

Duke's game against Radford on Saturday, Nov. 21 has been moved to a 2:00 p.m. start time and will be shown on ACC Select.

Single game tickets will go on sale on Monday for Countdown to Craziness (Oct. 16) and Findlay (Nov. 3) as well as regular season games against Gardner-Webb (Dec. 15), Long Beach State (Dec. 29) and Pennsylvania (Dec. 31). Ticket prices are to be determined by seat location.

The Duke ticket office is located in the south lobby of Cameron Indoor Stadium and is open Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Telephone numbers for the ticket office are 1-877-375-DUKE (3853) and 919-681-BLUE (2583). Tickets may also be purchased online at www.goduke.com/tickets.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Tickets On Sale NOW!

Single-Game Tickets went on sale early. Get 'em while they're hot at GoDuke.com

I've got two for the Gardner Webb game. I've gone to exhibition games twice im the past two years, figures it was time to upgrade. We're section 17, WB. I know thats courtside bleachers, buts I hope its not the GW student section... only because I'll feel bad sitting next to them as Duke carves 'em up. We're not UK.

I bought tix to the Countdown To Craziness. I also plan on staying the night cause I am coming from Wilmington, and go to the open practice the next day and get a chance for the autographs. Can anybody recommend area hotels not to far from the Campus that will not empty the wallet for a 1 night stay? I know there are some rough areas and want to make sure I do not book anything in the wrong area. Thanks for any help

anyone know if they're selling/have sold packs for the NIT games in MSG?

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    anyone know if they're selling/have sold packs for the NIT games in MSG?
    I've been checking nearly everyday for the last few weeks, and I've been able to find NO information about when these go onsale---whether through Duke or Ticketmaster.

hotel

Quote Originally Posted by dukeblue1206 View Post
    Can anybody recommend area hotels not to far from the Campus that will not empty the wallet for a 1 night stay?
    When my wife and I got married several years ago we put people up at the Brookwood Inn. It's near the hospital. Prices were reasonable - you could find cheaper by going over to Hillsborough Street, but that area is pretty sketchy.

http://www.brookwoodinn.com

Smile Staybridge

Quote Originally Posted by dukeblue1206 View Post
    I bought tix to the Countdown To Craziness. I also plan on staying the night cause I am coming from Wilmington, and go to the open practice the next day and get a chance for the autographs. Can anybody recommend area hotels not to far from the Campus that will not empty the wallet for a 1 night stay? I know there are some rough areas and want to make sure I do not book anything in the wrong area. Thanks for any help
    There is nothing that is walking distance except for the Wash Duke and the Thomas Center (which is at Fuqua and advertises as a hotel).

That said, at my last Duke reunion, most of our class got shunted off to the Staybridge Suites two blocks off of 15-501 and only five mins. from the campus (you will need a map). We were pleasantly surprised. The prices were reasonable and some of the suites were the size of an apartment. Even the breakfast was good.

The problem with the places along Erwin is that you still have to drive and they are questionable values for what you get.

sagegrouse

got mine!

I was able to purchase two tickets to the Findlay game. Can someone please help me make sense of the seating? On the ticket purchase page, there is a table at the top with four options:

Center Court
    Premium
    Reserved
    Sideline Premium

The only option that still had seats left was "sideline premium." After I bought the tickets, I noticed that they are in section 1; according to the seating chart this is in the upstairs corner.

What exactly do the four areas correspond to? Section 1 doesn't seem very premium, and it's certainly not on the sideline. And will anyone care if I just sneak down to the student section? I think I can still pass for being 19 .

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    The following is from goduke.com..
    Thanks for the reminder!

I got a ticket to Countdown to Craziness! Tickets are still available for the Findlay game as well.

As another poster mentioned, I too was confused about the 4 seating options. For my ticket I had to put the request under the Center Court option and my seat is in Section 3.

If anyone knows what those 4 options represent please educate us....

I am pumped!!! Less than 2 weeks away and cannot wait to see the team. Especially the new guys...

Go Duke!!

Color me excited....

Just bought my tickets for Countdown to Craziness! I'm bringing the kids (8 and 5) so they will understand why I get so excited when I watch the games at home.

Me too, Me too

My totally awesome girlfriend bought us Missourians tickets to the Findlay game. Wanted the Penn game over New Years, but it was already sold out. So, we are going to make a 2-3 trip of it. Fly into RDU on Monday, leave Wednesday morning. So, what should we do Monday afternoon/night and Tuesday before the game? I've never been to campus so I look forward to all the wisdom here.

While it goes without saying, I must do so anyway: I am so freaking excited to finally get to see Cameron Indoor. I am beside myself with giddiness

Quote Originally Posted by CarterTheGreat View Post
    So, what should we do Monday afternoon/night and Tuesday before the game?
    Definitely see the Chapel and the Duke Gardens. Bullock's BBQ will be an experience. Other favorites are the Cosmic Cantina and Satisfaction's. Since you're in the area you might consider heading down to Chapel Hill just to see it (yes, I know, blasphemy...) As far as tuesday before the game, you could kill off a couple hours just cruising around campus I suppose.

Cool

So, what should we do Monday afternoon/night and Tuesday before the game? I've never been to campus so I look forward to all the wisdom here.

While it goes without saying, I must do so anyway: I am so freaking excited to finally get to see Cameron Indoor. I am beside myself with giddiness
    Your girlfriend bought you tickets to the game, knowing you have never before been to Cameron, and made arrangements for you to come see the team play. And you don't know what to do before the game? Propose - she is a keeper!

The weather at that time of year in Durham can be absolutely beautiful. Duke Gardens is a good suggestion for a place to give her the ring. Durham also has some extraordinary restaurants of you want to propose in that type of setting. If you want to let her pick out her own ring there is a great jewelry store http://atelier-n-jewelry.com/about.html walking distance to campus that does their own custom design work.

Thanks for the ideas! Allen-I don't know that quite yet that will be happening but I've been thinking about it anyway . Sounds like the Gardens is definitely in and I've been thinking about crashing Hell and giving the Holes some grief! Thanks everyone and keep ideas coming, I really appreciate it!

Oh, and one more question for everyone. What exactly will go on at the exhibition game? Is it like NFL preseason where starters won't play much? And what time will doors open i.e, what time should we get there? THANK YOU all so much.

Oh, and one more question for everyone. What exactly will go on at the exhibition game? Is it like NFL preseason where starters won't play much? And what time will doors open i.e, what time should we get there? THANK YOU all so much.
    Arrive about an hour before game time. That will give you plenty of time to go to the trophy room, watch warm-ups, etc.

The projected starting five will start, but probably not play more than 20 minutes. A lot of different combinations will be used, so you'll have a chance to see established players on the floor with first-year players. It will feel more like a regular season game against a weak opponent than like an "exhibition" game. It will go surprisingly quickly due to the lack of media time-outs.

Quote Originally Posted by allenmurray View Post
    It will go surprisingly quickly due to the lack of media time-outs.
    Yeah, it will last as long as a game was intended to last.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Definitely see the Chapel and the Duke Gardens. Bullock's BBQ will be an experience. Other favorites are the Cosmic Cantina and Satisfaction's. Since you're in the area you might consider heading down to Chapel Hill just to see it (yes, I know, blasphemy...) As far as tuesday before the game, you could kill off a couple hours just cruising around campus I suppose.
    Just don't bring your diaper bag/s to the game/s.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Thanks for the ideas! Allen-I don't know that quite yet that will be happening but I've been thinking about it anyway . Sounds like the Gardens is definitely in and I've been thinking about crashing Hell and giving the Holes some grief! Thanks everyone and keep ideas coming, I really appreciate it!
    If you are an animal lover, you could check out the Lemurs at Duke. I have not been to see them yet, but definitely on my to do list. Word is that it's worth checking out.

Plus your bride to be.. uh sorry, girlfriend would likely find that to be cool..