Thumbs up Happy Birthday, Bruce Springsteen!!

Yet another baby-boomer rock star hits a milestone birthday, but Bruce is still bringing the power night after night after night. If you see him, wish him a happy birthday, and ask him if his crotch has healed after he slammed it into a camera at the Super Bowl halftime show. (That looked like it hurt, but Bruce shrugged it off like the trouper he is.)

With 4 decades of strong, consistent music across a wide range of styles, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band have earned their place as the greatest American rock band of all time. They've eclipsed the undeniably brilliant but erratic and often invisible and unintelligible Dylan. With the premature and still-mourned passing of Jerry Garcia, the Dead no longer exist except as a motley collection of spinoffs and side projects.

On the other hand, I was over at the gym exorcising (or maybe just exercising) my inner demons, and on the magaizine rack, Bruce's face was grinning at me from the cover of AARP magazine. (Eeeew, I didn't need to see that...)

Discuss.

I agree with you completely, Turk. My fave since 1982 when my boyfriend first made me listen to Born to Run.

Happy Bday, Bruce, and thanks for all the great music over the years.

And in other September 23rd news - mrsallenmurray and I have been married 20 years today. No, we did not know it was Bruce's birthday when we chose the date.

Congrats, Allenmurrays!

Congrats to the allenmurrays!!

Here's a contrarian, well-written piece from Slate, where the author makes the case that Bruce is really Jon Landau's puppet...

http://www.slate.com/id/2209673/

Oh crap, yesterday was September 23rd? Then it was also the 101st anniversary of the most important baseball game in history.

BTW, has Sharon Stone been on the cover of AARP yet? She's 51.

happy birthday bruce,

congrats allenmurrays

continuing with 9/23 news, it was Mrs. Moonpie's birthday and our 3rd anniversary (of being married)...

Sullivan's is the best restaurant in raleigh...hands down...

calamari,
    24oz Bone-in Ribeye
    wine button mushrooms
    horseradish mashed potatoes,
    triple-threat desert, chocolate creme Expresso cake, keylime pie, and caramel cheese cake...

Coppola Claret -