Scheyer's Season Preview

Cool, thanks for posting. Jon has had some very exciting things to say about this team, I get pumped up every time I read an interview with him. I bet he'll make for a great senior leader.

I liked reading this part:

Nolan and I have been working out since the summer and he’s my guy, he’s my guy. We’ll be in there until the end. This year, we’ve been playing the best we’ve ever played together. We’ve been reading each other really well. We’re going to need to have complete trust on the court. Dre is in a unique situation coming in late and he’s been working his butt off trying to get in shape too. He’s really been working. Between the three of us and Kyle, I think it’s a great perimeter. You don’t need five guys on the perimeter. The four of us is as great a backcourt as there is in the country.

Good read

The season just can't start soon enough.

Very positive.

The only thing that would be more positive is if Jon or Kyle were to say something more positive about Miles, Lance and Zoubek individual improvements.

He only speaks generically about big front court

Re Jon's comments above -- we are so lucky to have this outstanding young man and player. Both he and Kyle contribute in so many ways to DUKE BASKETBALL. And we have so many other good "lettermen" returning -- as well as sharpshooter ANDRE, RYAN, and MY GUY MASON ... "who", no doubt, will be loved by the Cameron Crazies and appreciated in other buildings this year ... I suspect MASON is the odds-on favorite to replace Greg, who took over for J.J., and so on ... as DUKE's most "popular player" by our opponents.

Man, I CAN'T WAIT for November.... in the words of the GREAT DICKIE V, "it's gonna be AWESOME BABY"

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDan View Post
    Re Jon's comments above -- we are so lucky to have this outstanding young man and player. Both he and Kyle contribute in so many ways to DUKE BASKETBALL. And we have so many other good "lettermen" returning -- as well as sharpshooter ANDRE, RYAN, and MY GUY MASON ... "who", no doubt, will be loved by the Cameron Crazies and appreciated in other buildings this year ... I suspect MASON is the odds-on favorite to replace Greg, who took over for J.J., and so on ... as DUKE's most "popular player" by our opponents.

Man, I CAN'T WAIT for November.... in the words of the GREAT DICKIE V, "it's gonna be AWESOME BABY"
    Why did you put quotes around "who"?

Hey KED, why not? Guess I was emphasizing that I think MASON is the real deal. One of two things is going to happen -- MPII is either (a) going to push those ahead of him in the frontcourt to achieve more, or (b) this guy is going to crack the starting five, or the first 6-7 in the rotation, and contribute early.

Are you as DOWN as I am for this season to START ??