How famous are YOU on the DBR forum

This is a fun game where you rate the poster on top of you on a 1-10 scale on how popular they are on the forum.

I'm not the most famous person here maybe JASON EVANS or SUPADAVE but i am interested in seeing where i rate as well as others.

Quote Originally Posted by dukefanbrooklyn View Post
    This is a fun game where you rate the poster on top of you on a 1-10 scale on how popular they are on the forum.

I'm not the most famous person here maybe JASON EVANS or SUPADAVE but i am interested in seeing where i rate as well as others.
    Not sure how you'd get a measure of fame on the DBR forum. I'd think how many profile views somebody has would be a reasonable measure - since that means somebody wants to learn more about them. Although perhaps somebody with a lot of information filled out on their public profile would get more repeat viewers than somebody who has left it empty. Your public profile has had 122 visits. Jason Evans has had 2,703 visits - I'm thinking that is tops. SupaDave has had 1,906 visits. Can't sort the members list by visits, so have to go through one by one. My public profile has had 779 visits..

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Not sure how you'd get a measure of fame on the DBR forum. I'd think how many profile views somebody has would be a reasonable measure - since that means somebody wants to learn more about them. Although perhaps somebody with a lot of information filled out on their public profile would get more repeat viewers than somebody who has left it empty. Your public profile has had 122 visits. Jason Evans has had 2,703 visits - I'm thinking that is tops. SupaDave has had 1,906 visits. Can't sort the members list by visits, so have to go through one by one. My public profile has had 779 visits..
    Of course --- every time you visit yourself, your number goes up.

What are the criteria? How does one separate infamous from famous?

What about the balance between numbers of posts and numbers viewing one's profile?

It's based on how much you see this person in post and enjoy reading what they have to say. So for you i'll give a 7

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    You can't throw numbers like that at a statistician and not expect them to add to a data point. My public profile has 1267 visits.

Wow, I had NO idea my public profile had been visited 1130 times. Wow. I'd never really thought about it. I either did something really right, or really wrong. Of course, at least 1000 of them were by me. I kid, of course.

we're missing my point people. haha

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    And I had to test the assumption that you could increase your views by visiting yourself repeatedly I went right back after I posted that last message. Nope, still at 1267. Still might not be 1267 people, maybe 1267 computers?

Just so folks know, the mods locked this thread because we don't do popularity contest kinda things on the DBR. We realize this was well intentioned, but it still is probably not someplace we need to go.

--Jason "plus, Jason Evans rules and there need be no more debate after agreeing to that fact " Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?