Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I also enjoyed the new House this week, although I certainly expected that House was the "on line" winner long before he showed his shrink the $25K check.
    I did not expect it, but I should have known! That was great.

"Et tu, Bootay?"

Episode 2 of Modern family did not disappoint. It maintained the funny from the first episode. My wife rarely stops to watch a sitcom I am watching, but she not only stopped, she sat down and joined me.

I haven't heard anyone mention "The Middle". It wasn't perfect, but there were some very funny parts and some of the characters have a lot of potential. The clearly disturbed young son, the overacheiving, underperforming daughter. I don't know if the name just made me think about it, but I found myself comparing it to "Malcome in the Middle" The humor wasn't quite as dark, but it was still entertaining.

House

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I also enjoyed the new House this week, although I certainly expected that House was the "on line" winner long before he showed his shrink the $25K check.
    I also thought the second episode of House was a big improvement on the lame season opener. Better yet, next week, we'll get House back on the job, where he belongs.

I do have a couple of questions:

-- I wonder if his team knows that he was the on-line winner? Maybe 13 does, since she followed the on-line advice and cured the patient. But does everybody else?

-- Is 13 still gone? Is Taub still gone? She was fired (by Omar Epps) and he quit (because he only took the job to work with House). Now that House is back will they be? The previews suggested that his "new" team will be his original team -- with Cameron and the Aussie doc joining Epps.

I won't cry over the loss to Taub, but if Olivia Wilde is gone, that would be a big loss.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I forgot to mention-- after watching episode 2 of The Good Wife, we have decided to remove that one from our DVR list. It was fine, but nothing special and we think it is just another ho-hum courtroom drama. Neither of us are big fans of Julianna Marguilles, which probably hurts our interest. The story of Chris Noth being set up or something like that is really lame so far. Are we supposed to believe that the new State's Attorney is the one leaving incriminating photoshopped pictures on her doorstep each night? Really!?!? ... --Jason "moving Big Bang Theory to 9:30 has turned it into a real ratings winner-- 13+ million viewers this week" Evans
    There are some legal aspects of The Good Wife I found annoying. She moved to "squash" a subpoena.

Best line so far this week was in 2 1/2 men, when Alan told Charlie they had to re-establish a beachhead in the house after they both got kicked out by their girlfriends. Charlie chuckled and explained he was just reminded of why he bought the house on Malibu beach. No laugh track. Reminded me of why I liked the show so much.

Thursday ratings report--

Flash Forward fell about 10% in the key 18-49 demographic from its very strong first week number. That's not bad at all and I am sure ABC is happy. It pulled in 10.78 million viewers. If the erosion continues, it will obviously be a problem, but if it can steady in this range then it will be a big success. We are a few weeks away from knowing which way this program is going.

One small note, Survivor: Samoa -- which lost to FFwd last week -- again won the important Thursday 8pm hour this week. It had 11.73 million viewers, about the same as last week.

At 9pm, Grey's Anatomy lost to CSI in total viewers (15.3 for Grey's to 15.6 for CSI), but no one in Hollywood cares because Grey's just destroyed in the 18-49 demo with 50% more viewers in the demo than CSI. For proof of just how much the demo matters, CSI had twice as many total viewers as The Office, but The Office gets the exact same number of demo viewers as CSI does and, as a result, The Office actually charges more for commercials than CSI does.

Another side note-- Grey's is starting to suck... a lot. I know it was always a combo of a soap opera and a medical drama, but lately is has become all soap opera. Maybe this needs its own thread, but the number of times I paused my DVR last night to talk with my wife about how stupid the storylines on Grey's has gotten was huge! I am actually starting to think about removing Grey's from my DVR list... it has gotten that bad.

--Jason "one other Thursday note-- Parks and Rec is getting really bad numbers and I suspect that sucker will be gone by the spring if not sooner" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

While other new shows can be discussed in this thread, all future conversation about the storyline and mysteries surrounding Flash Forward, should be directed toward this thread.

--Jason "the power of the mod!!" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Thursday ratings report--

Another side note-- Grey's is starting to suck... a lot. I know it was always a combo of a soap opera and a medical drama, but lately is has become all soap opera. Maybe this needs its own thread, but the number of times I paused my DVR last night to talk with my wife about how stupid the storylines on Grey's has gotten was huge! I am actually starting to think about removing Grey's from my DVR list... it has gotten that bad.
    Welcome to my frame of mind in 2007. The whole ferry boat/Meredith drowning storyline ruined it for me.

Some Ratings News

Ok, ratingsfans, here is the latest--

On Monday--
    The move to 930 after 2 1/2 men has been very, very good to the Big Bang Theory. It pulled in 12.25 million viewers and is one of the strongest shows of the night in the 18-49 demo. If I was the folks behind Accidentally On Purpose, I might be worried because it is losing about a million viewers from its HIMYM leadin and is the weak link in the strong Monday CBS comedy block.

Also worth noting that Heroes continues to sink. It finished 4th in the 8pm timeslot with just 5.4 million viewers. It is not doing all that well in the demo either. NBC claims the show has a big unmeaured DVR and on-line audience (folks who are watching several days later and are not counted by Nielsen), but I continue to think that Heroes is on its final season.

On Tuesday--
    ...meh, who cares? I don't watch the CSI/NCIS stuff nor do I watch Dancing or Big Losers so I don't care about any of the Tuesday shows. If you want to know what is up with any of them, I'll post something if you ask.

Wednesday--
    I think you are gonna see some big schedule changes on this night because there is a lot of stuff failing badly here. ABC's Hank and The Middle are both struggling to get 7 million viewers and neither seems to be attracting a significant audience in the 18-49 demo. At 10pm, Eastwicke is gonna be toast. It had 5.2 million viewers this week and lost to Leno's show-- ouch!

I know there are Glee fans around here and it seems to be doing well enough to stick around (7.3 million viewers and fairly good demo numbers).

As for the 2 Wednesday comedies that we have been talking about a lot-- Modern Family was down a bit from last week with 8.5 million viewers but is doing nicely and has good demo numbers. Cougartown, which was somewhat more tollerable this week, is down from Modern Family (7.8 million, 700k less) but is putting up good demo numbers and is in no danger of being cancelled.

--Jason "for anyone who wonders, Jay Leno's numbers have been slipping and NBC local stations are getting bad numbers on their 11pm newscasts-- the Leno experiment could be in trouble in a few months" Evans

I know there are Glee fans around here and it seems to be doing well enough to stick around (7.3 million viewers and fairly good demo numbers).
    And who wouldn't be?

and, of course,

Quote Originally Posted by YourLandlord View Post
    And who wouldn't be?

Pictures
    Except she can't sing, unlike:

Who has Broadway lead under her belt already.
    In fact, I think Lea Michele outsang Kristen Chenowith last week.