Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by Bud View Post
    Good thread out ofhis class I wan't Miller the most this kid is going to be a stud, I would almost bet money on MP3 being a devil when it is all said and done. And my suprise will be Rivers I think he will decommit soon from FL, and will be a devil. IMO
    wow you must be psychic!!! ESPN has moved our class ranking from 7 to 2. and if we get Miller or Cook we could be number 1 and if we get both its deff a number 1 class

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    This team will be exciting to watch. I suppose there is life after 2011.
    Oh god, don't keep reminding me that I'll be graduating. On a serious note, even if we take the worst possible situation (every ?-mark bolts and we don't get any other recruits), we'd still project this roster:

Bigs: Miles(Sr), Ryan(Sr), Josh*(So), Marshall(Fr) and Tyler Adams(Fr).
    Wings: Andre(Jr), Gbinije(Fr). (*and maybe Josh)
    Guards: Seth(Sr/Jr), Tyler Thornton(So), and Austin(Fr).

Pretty strong no matter what happens. Good spread of youth/experience. Talent all over the court. The only big question is around point guard, and as of now we can have absolutely no idea how that would play out. Will Thornton surprise us? Will Seth play some point (as some have speculated)? Can Austin distribute? It'll be a while before we know the answer to those questions. Obviously, though, if Kyrie comes back we will just be ridiculous.

Miles (Sr.)???? Seventh year??

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
    Miles (Sr.)???? Seventh year??
    Not sure what you mean. Jderf is talking about the 2011-2012 season, and Miles is scheduled to graduate in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Not sure what you mean. Jderf is talking about the 2011-2012 season, and Miles is scheduled to graduate in 2012.
    yes, lone sneior since Ryan and Dre and Curry due to sitting out would only be juniors.

Quote Originally Posted by ACCBBallFan View Post
    yes, lone sneior since Ryan and Dre and Curry due to sitting out would only be juniors.
    Yea, I'm gonna be honest. I was not being careful enough when I wrote that. My bad.

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast

Recruits at CTC?

I know the list of recruits who will be at CTC tonight has been gone over before, but now that the day is here, can somebody please repost that? I would like to know which guys to look out for tonight. Not just 2011, all years, I just felt this was a good thread for it.

Thanks

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast

Never mind

I see the list in the article about QM not coming tonight. As long as that's up to date, I'm good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
    I know the list of recruits who will be at CTC tonight has been gone over before, but now that the day is here, can somebody please repost that? I would like to know which guys to look out for tonight. Not just 2011, all years, I just felt this was a good thread for it.

Thanks
    Marshall Plumlee
    Michael Gbinije
    Austin Rivers
    Quinn Cook
    Rasheed Suliamon
    Amile Jefferson
    Tony Parker
    Rodney Purvis

Quote Originally Posted by Jderf View Post
    Oh god, don't keep reminding me that I'll be graduating. On a serious note, even if we take the worst possible situation (every ?-mark bolts and we don't get any other recruits), we'd still project this roster:

Bigs: Miles(Sr), Ryan(Sr), Josh*(So), Marshall(Fr) and Tyler Adams(Fr).
    Wings: Andre(Jr), Gbinije(Fr). (*and maybe Josh)
    Guards: Seth(Sr/Jr), Tyler Thornton(So), and Austin(Fr).
    Ryan will only be a Jr. I don't know why you felt the need to put Seth as a Jr/Sr, he will unequivocally be a Jr.
    Your overall point is still totally valid, that's still gonna be a really good team. Championship caliber? I guess that largely depends on how much toughness, experience, bonding and championships the '10-'11 team develops.
    The above-listed squad would be rather stacked in the post, but a little thin in the backcourt, not in talent just in bodies with only 3 "true" backcourt players, although if Dre develops some handles we could include him there too.
    One of the nice things of that group is that both Ryan and Miles have enough range to not be strictly "in the paint" post players, eg., they could maybe play something akin to a wing, or at least really stretch the D.

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    Ryan will only be a Jr. I don't know why you felt the need to put Seth as a Jr/Sr, he will unequivocally be a Jr.
    I think he listed Seth that way because it will be his 4th year in school, but he has Jr. eligibility in sports since he had to sit out a year per the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    Your overall point is still totally valid, that's still gonna be a really good team. Championship caliber? I guess that largely depends on how much toughness, experience, bonding and championships the '10-'11 team develops.
    The above-listed squad would be rather stacked in the post, but a little thin in the backcourt, not in talent just in bodies with only 3 "true" backcourt players, although if Dre develops some handles we could include him there too.
    One of the nice things of that group is that both Ryan and Miles have enough range to not be strictly "in the paint" post players, eg., they could maybe play something akin to a wing, or at least really stretch the D.
    Yes, I should have simply put Seth as a redshirt junior, I just wanted to emphasize that he would be an academic senior and may choose to graduate that year. And Ryan was a typo.

But my main point is that, given the worst possible projection, Duke will still be a force in 2011-2012 (barring the unforeseeable, obviously). Even if all of the draft-candidates end up leaving, even if we don't add any more recruits, Duke should still have depth, talent, and experience.

Talking Line-Up in 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Jderf View Post
    But my main point is that, given the worst possible projection, Duke will still be a force in 2011-2012 (barring the unforeseeable, obviously). Even if all of the draft-candidates end up leaving, even if we don't add any more recruits, Duke should still have depth, talent, and experience.
    The other thing about the lineup in 2011-2012 is that Austin is reportedly 6-5 now, which may give him minutes on the wing a la G. Henderson. (Of course, if he grows another couple of inches, K may be tempted to use his considerable skills in the middle. )

sagegrouse

Has anyone considered Seth leaving after this year? Has he said that he certainly plans to stay a while? I don't know which is why I am asking. But if he turns out to be the best 6th man in the country (which some people think he can be) isn't it possible that he leaves? Kind of like Marvin Williams did at UNC. Given the success of Stephan in the NBA, I think his projections will go way up if he has a good year.

The other thing about the lineup in 2011-2012 is that Austin is reportedly 6-5 now, which may give him minutes on the wing a la G. Henderson. (Of course, if he grows another couple of inches, K may be tempted to use his considerable skills in the middle. )

sagegrouse
    He'd have to grow a beard first.

Bulk Up, Seth!

Quote Originally Posted by nocilla View Post
    Has anyone considered Seth leaving after this year? Has he said that he certainly plans to stay a while? I don't know which is why I am asking. But if he turns out to be the best 6th man in the country (which some people think he can be) isn't it possible that he leaves? Kind of like Marvin Williams did at UNC. Given the success of Stephan in the NBA, I think his projections will go way up if he has a good year.
    I know that on most fan sites, "Every silver lining has a cloud," but I never thought it would apply to Seth Curry here. I haven't seen him play yet, but I expect that his pop and big brother will advise him to get bigger and stronger before going to the NBA.

sagegrouse

Prediction

sagegrouse
    He'll end up being taller than Dunleavy!

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    He'll end up being taller than Dunleavy!
    Well, Dunleavy Sr is 6'3" and his son is 6'10".

Doc is 6'4" and his son will be, well, you do the math
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by jimrowe0 View Post
    Marshall Plumlee
    Michael Gbinije
    Austin Rivers
    Quinn Cook
    Rasheed Suliamon
    Amile Jefferson
    Tony Parker
    Rodney Purvis
    According to the following from ESPN, also in attendance will be:
    2012: T.J. Warren (#25 SF; #100 overall)
    2013: Kris Jenkins (#11 PF; #56 overall), Nathaniel Britt (#13 PG; #75 overall)
    2014: Theo Pinson (SG; ESPN 100 Watch List)

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ory?id=5686451

Article also touches on Quincy Miller some
    Last edited by rotogod00; 10-15-2010 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rotogod00 View Post
    According to the following from ESPN, also in attendance will be:
    2012: T.J. Warren (#25 SF, #100 overall)
    2013: Kris Jenkins, Nathaniel Britt
    2014: Theo Pinson

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ory?id=5686451

Article also touches on Quincy Miller some
    Is that Telep's first article with ESPN? Sweet
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club