Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    It appears that at this point Osiagledknarf believes Scout pages more than the well-respected members on this board (some of whom appear to have some pretty good knowledge and connections to the team) says. If it is not on the Scout's recruiting page, it can't be true?
    Who am I doubting here? The only thing I did was link the scout page.. I have been here for a short time and don't know posters are.. If you guys say it from now on, it must be true.. Alright?

this bothers me

It appears that at this point Osiagledknarf believes Scout pages more than the well-respected members on this board (some of whom appear to have some pretty good knowledge and connections to the team) says. If it is not on the Scout's recruiting page, it can't be true?

This really ticks me off when people comment like this. Just correct the man and let it go. No need to be a jerk and talk about him like he is five.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiagledknarf View Post
    Who am I doubting here? The only thing I did was link the scout page.. I have been here for a short time and don't know posters are.. If you guys say it from now on, it must be true.. Alright?
    You are doubting Airowe, who has often provided very good information and is one of the many posters that I tend to trust are providing good information. The problem I had was that this was the second time very recently that you told him or her that he or she was wrong within a day or two and you were fairly forceful that because what you saw or didn't see on a web page disagreed that you were right, when in fact it was fairly well known that was not the case. Make the mistake once no problem, do it twice and if I am a little cranky from another new poster doubting Jimsumner on another thread and I might say something. I have enjoyed many of your posts as well, and liked some of your contributions, I just don't like it when credible posters (who are the reasons I spend way too much time on this site) have their credibility attacked. No hard feelings.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Quote Originally Posted by G man View Post
    This really ticks me off when people comment like this. Just correct the man and let it go. No need to be a jerk and talk about him like he is five.
    Sorry to have ticked you off. I actually wasn't ticked off myself, but I sometimes get a bit annoyed when some of my favorite posters have their credibility questioned repeatedly. Like I said, had it been just once, I would never have posted anything. Fortunately, you are free to mention how ticked off you are at me, while I am also free to question a new poster twice questioning the credibility of a more established poster twice in a couple of days. I guess I expect people to read the board before they start posting, and/or look at someone's post count and/or get more information before they tell a poster he/she is wrong. Sorry if my tone was too harsh for you, but I don't believe I have ever posted towards anyone as if he/she was five.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

To be fair you kinda were treating him like a five year-old, talking about him as if he wasn't there to see exactly what you said about him. I agree that just because Scout doesn't have it listed doesn't mean it's correct, but you can't expect the man to automatically know that airowe is a well-respected and extremely credible poster. Post counts don't always equal credibility, but if that's what you think just go check out the IC boards. You've made your point, and I'm sure Osiagledknarf won't question airowe, or others from now on.

Michael Chandler

is back on the market per this premium article http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75...%2f963016.html

he was once high on duke. would we jump back into recruiting him or is the issues with grades still there?

Quote Originally Posted by soccerstud2210 View Post
    is back on the market per this premium article http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75...%2f963016.html

he was once high on duke. would we jump back into recruiting him or is the issues with grades still there?
    The teams that had offers for him before he commited were Ohio State and Cincinnati.. Duke has been making a real effort to recruit big guys in the 2011 class.. We are currently have offers Marshall Plumlee, Quincy Miller and TYler Adams, and monitoring Johnny O'Bryant and Amir Williams.. If his grades our well enough, I would see no reason why we wouldn't go after him.. He seems like a legit target for us even if Adams and someone like Miller were to commit.

The teams that had offers for him before he commited were Ohio State and Cincinnati.. Duke has been making a real effort to recruit big guys in the 2011 class.. We are currently have offers Marshall Plumlee, Quincy Miller and TYler Adams, and monitoring Johnny O'Bryant and Amir Williams.. If his grades our well enough, I would see no reason why we wouldn't go after him.. He seems like a legit target for us even if Adams and someone like Miller were to commit.
    I agree that we are trying to make an effort to recruit big guys in 2011 (MP3, Adams, O'Bryant, Williams) but I wouldn't classify Miller as a "big guy" even though he is 6'9". He is much more of a Singler type player (can play the 4 but much more comfortable at the 3). Here is a small excerpt for his evaluation on ESPN:

"Miller is a long athletic player that draws comparisons to Kevin Durant. The skilled forward scores in a variety of ways, but was most effective taking his opponent off the dribble or knocking down threes from the perimeter. What is most impressive about the charismatic Miller is the extraordinary skill set that he brings as a 6'9" player; he does it all! He has a guard mentality in a forwards body."

If we are able to land this guy IMO he would be an instant stud. Check out his film if you get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pappa View Post
    I agree that we are trying to make an effort to recruit big guys in 2011 (MP3, Adams, O'Bryant, Williams) but I wouldn't classify Miller as a "big guy" even though he is 6'9". He is much more of a Singler type player (can play the 4 but much more comfortable at the 3). Here is a small excerpt for his evaluation on ESPN:

"Miller is a long athletic player that draws comparisons to Kevin Durant. The skilled forward scores in a variety of ways, but was most effective taking his opponent off the dribble or knocking down threes from the perimeter. What is most impressive about the charismatic Miller is the extraordinary skill set that he brings as a 6'9" player; he does it all! He has a guard mentality in a forwards body."

If we are able to land this guy IMO he would be an instant stud. Check out his film if you get a chance.
    I see no bigs in our interest in 2012 at this time. We must either feel that we are going to get 2 or 3 of the 2011 targets or it is too early to feel concerned about 2012.

You are doubting Airowe, who has often provided very good information and is one of the many posters that I tend to trust are providing good information. The problem I had was that this was the second time very recently that you told him or her that he or she was wrong within a day or two and you were fairly forceful that because what you saw or didn't see on a web page disagreed that you were right, when in fact it was fairly well known that was not the case. Make the mistake once no problem, do it twice and if I am a little cranky from another new poster doubting Jimsumner on another thread and I might say something. I have enjoyed many of your posts as well, and liked some of your contributions, I just don't like it when credible posters (who are the reasons I spend way too much time on this site) have their credibility attacked. No hard feelings.
    I am sorry.. I didn't there was a poster totem pole in here.. I have seen articles online from very well known and respected recruiting sources, who have some connections to these recruits, to some guy telling me different.. For now on, I will NEVER doubt Airowe again on anything.. Alright?

I am sorry.. I didn't there was a poster totem pole in here.. I have seen articles online from very well known and respected recruiting sources, who have some connections to these recruits, to some guy telling me different.. For now on, I will NEVER doubt Airowe again on anything.. Alright?
    Since you apparently want to extend this discussion and draw more attention to yourself...it was poster Bluedog who posted 4 links indicating that Marshall Plumlee had received a Duke offer, and you still couldn't understand that Scout.com might be wrong.

Let's move on.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Let's move on.
    Yes indeed, any new info on Quinn Cook?

Quincy Miller transferring

Yesterday's Greensboro News and Record reported Quincy Miller is to complete enrollment paperwork next week for Westchester Academy...home of Deuce Bello.

Quote Originally Posted by 30scheyer View Post
    Yesterday's Greensboro News and Record reported Quincy Miller is to complete enrollment paperwork next week for Westchester Academy...home of Deuce Bello.
    Does this perhaps mean he is moving out of the Kentucky/World Wide Wes network?

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Does this perhaps mean he is moving out of the Kentucky/World Wide Wes network?
    We can only hope...

I would like to get him with Tyler Adams. Tyler could be a great PF for the team and with Quincy playing the 3, we could have size in the form of versatile length and size in the form of power down low... that would be nice. We have the Plumlees and I think they could move in and out at the 5. I think we will keep, at least, one of them after next year. Although, I do think they will have breakout years when Kyrie is working his magic.

Does anyone know if Westchester is changing conferences next year and playing a national schedule? I've heard something along those lines, but up through this year, they played in a pretty weak conference made up of 1A/2A private schools. They've had a few high-major recruits come through there, but they always seemed a little bit out of place...

Anyway, if they did reclassify, great move by Quincy. Westchester is a great school with a great coach, and their players always seemed like likeable guys. Can't be a bad thing for Duke, at least...

is Austin going to the banquet Thursday?

Michael Chandler elite post player from the 2011 Class, has dropped his commitment from Louisville and has Duke on his short list.

O'Bryant and Chandler FTW!

Amazing how a little thing like a national championship helps on recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukeknights View Post
    is Austin going to the banquet Thursday?
    YES, according to Scout.