Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Recruiting

Amir

When watching that video of Amir Williams, I have to admit I didn't see it the first time. The overall level of basketball looked very clumsy, and it seemed like he should have been doing better considering he had a foot on everyone else.

Then I remembered I'm watching a 17 (or maybe a 16) yr old player. The guy is probably still growing, and in terms of specialized training in basketball he's barely started. After another viewing I realized that he's much smoother than everyone else, and has a good level of athleticism for making passes and keeping his balance.

I guess my point is that this early in the game, going after legit teenagers, the key is looking at upside. If Duke's staff is interested, I'm interested.

Quote Originally Posted by soccerstud2210 View Post
    are we also evaluating Johnny O'Bryant as well? he did say he had an offer from us, but many ppl were saying that this was not true.

any idea of where or where we do not, stand with O'Bryant?
    We are evaluating O'Bryant as well but he does not have an offer.

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    We are evaluating O'Bryant as well but he does not have an offer.
    thanks airowe. i thought i remembered someone saying that Adams? and O'Bryant wanted to play together and could possibly be a package type deal??

Quote Originally Posted by soccerstud2210 View Post
    thanks airowe. i thought i remembered someone saying that Adams? and O'Bryant wanted to play together and could possibly be a package type deal??
    They play together now so I'm sure they wouldn't be opposed doing so in college. At this time, they have different schools at the tops of their lists.

Jerry Meyer at Rivals take on any impact Gilchrist's commitment to KY will have on Miller:

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...sp?CID=1074914

Talking Can We Recalibrate 2011 Recruiting?

I have read the last several pages of this thread, and I am having a little trouble summarizing our recruiting for 2011. It must be the giddy feeling a picked up in Indianapolis.

Would someone correct the following list?

Committed:
    Michael Gbinije

Offered:
    Austin Rivers
    Tyler Adams
    Marshal Plumlee
    Quincy Miller

Others Being Recruited:
    Amir Williams
    Johnny O'Bryant

Who else?

sagegrouse

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I have read the last several pages of this thread, and I am having a little trouble summarizing our recruiting for 2011. It must be the giddy feeling a picked up in Indianapolis.

Committed:
    Michael Gbinije

Offered:
    Austin Rivers
    Tyler Adams
    Marshal Plumlee
    Quincy Miller

Others Being Recruited:
    Amir Williams
    Johnny O'Bryant

Who else?

sagegrouse
    I think that pretty well covers it.

I see Quinn Cook also on some Duke lists, but don't believe there's been an offer made. Cook is a PG from DeMatha High School, and apparently on a friendly basis with Hairston, Thornton, and Irving.

Could someone help me out with this? Obviously we would like to land all of our targets, however, that is unlikely. Would we be better off with Rivers or Miller in 2011? Assuming Kyrie stays, and because we have Curry and Thornton, does that mean we could afford to miss on Rivers, or can we afford to miss Miller because we have Felix and Hairston? Which recruit should I be crossing my fingers for the most? I hope we get both, but who is the more crucial recruit for DUKE basketball?

Quote Originally Posted by hedevil View Post
    Could someone help me out with this? Obviously we would like to land all of our targets, however, that is unlikely. Would we be better off with Rivers or Miller in 2011? Assuming Kyrie stays, and because we have Curry and Thornton, does that mean we could afford to miss on Rivers, or can we afford to miss Miller because we have Felix and Hairston? Which recruit should I be crossing my fingers for the most? I hope we get both, but who is the more crucial recruit for DUKE basketball?
    don't forget dawkins. if irving stays 2 years, would have 5 guys at the 1 and 2 positions (irving, rivers, dawkins, curry, thornton). although obviously you can slide one of them up to the 3 and play three guards.

Rivers is 6'4"

Rivers could play 2 or 3 and has the handle to play 1. What a great addition he would be. With the pick up of so many high NBA draft picks though, we would need to consider the heavy exodus from the team. Good problem to have though.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post

Committed:
    Michael Gbinije

Offered:
    Austin Rivers
    Tyler Adams
    Marshal Plumlee
    Quincy Miller

Others Being Recruited:
    Amir Williams
    Johnny O'Bryant

Who else?

sagegrouse

I do not believe that Marshall has been offered as of yet.. According to scout.com we have not offered him yet..

Quote Originally Posted by Osiagledknarf View Post
    I do not believe that Marshall has been offered as of yet.. According to scout.com we have not offered him yet..
    Marshall has been offered. There should be a link on his profile that reads something like "Duke Offers Plumlee"

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Marshall has been offered. There should be a link on his profile that reads something like "Duke Offers Plumlee"
    Nope.. just looked through all of them and it does not say anything about Duke offering him..

http://duke.scout.com/a.z?s=167&p=8&...d=3508599&pg=2

Nope.. just looked through all of them and it does not say anything about Duke offering him..

http://duke.scout.com/a.z?s=167&p=8&...d=3508599&pg=2
    Here you go:

http://duke.scout.com/a.z?s=167&p=9&...8599%26fhn%3d1

C Marshall Plumlee: Gets A Duke Offer
    by John Watson of TheDevilsDen.com, August 25, 2009 at 8:10pm ET
    Here's a few other links verifying it:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ory?id=4496541
    http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...CLID=204912841
    http://www.citizen-times.com/article...-up-Duke-offer

Then why does it say that there isn't any offer?
    Those offer pages aren't updated that often.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    MP3 got his offer right after the Duke camp last summer. Right around the same time Tokoto got his offer. If I recall correctly they may have gotten offers the same day. I do know it was directly after the camp.

Then why does it say that there isn't any offer?
    This is a simple situation: the Scout page for Marshall Plumlee is wrong.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    haha some people just can't except that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    It appears that at this point Osiagledknarf believes Scout pages more than the well-respected members on this board (some of whom appear to have some pretty good knowledge and connections to the team) says. If it is not on the Scout's recruiting page, it can't be true?
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”