Hand held vacuum

Anybody have a good one that they love? I am looking to buy one and would love some recommendations. I had one in college but was not terribly impressed with it. Your basic black & decker, was never really the same after the first couple of months no matter how often you cleaned the filter.

Preferably I would like one that is cordless and under $70, but I'm willing to spend more if it's going to be really worth it.

I do have a dog so the ability to remove dog hair is crucial.

Thanks for any recommendations you have!

Quote Originally Posted by DukeFencer View Post
    Anybody have a good one that they love? I am looking to buy one and would love some recommendations. I had one in college but was not terribly impressed with it. Your basic black & decker, was never really the same after the first couple of months no matter how often you cleaned the filter.

Preferably I would like one that is cordless and under $70, but I'm willing to spend more if it's going to be really worth it.

I do have a dog so the ability to remove dog hair is crucial.

Thanks for any recommendations you have!
    If it isn't important that it be battery operated go to Lowe's and but the smalles version of a shop-vac they ahve. It will last you the rest of your life and do a great job. You can always get an extension cord. One that operates on batteries, no matter how high quality, won't be very powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by allenmurray View Post
    If it isn't important that it be battery operated go to Lowe's and but the smalles version of a shop-vac they ahve. It will last you the rest of your life and do a great job. You can always get an extension cord. One that operates on batteries, no matter how high quality, won't be very powerful.
    Agree completely...I have a large one but i don't think I could live without my shop vac...I had a small 18v battery powered one but it just doesn't get the job done like a corded vac..

Quote Originally Posted by allenmurray View Post
    You are absolutely right about how battery powered tools and appliances tend to have much less power than those which plug into an electrical outlet.... very important in successfully managing pet shedding.

Well Dyson makes one that works really well but the battery life is terrible and it's pricey.