Twice Captain Paulus

Today's main board's lead story indicates that Greg Paulus not only won Syracuse's starting QB job, but his teammates elected him as their captain (with, perhaps, a month on campus). We have all repeatedly seen Paulus' tenacity, character, leadership and brains demonstrated at Duke, but it is really wonderful to see it ratified at a new university, in a new sport, and in such an incredibly short time.

Thrice actually, since he was a tri-captain in 2006-07. Great news for Paulus, wish him well!

Quote Originally Posted by 4decadedukie View Post
    Today's main board's lead story indicates that Greg Paulus not only won Syracuse's starting QB job, but his teammates elected him as their captain (with, perhaps, a month on campus). We have all repeatedly seen Paulus' tenacity, character, leadership and brains demonstrated at Duke, but it is really wonderful to see it ratified at a new university, in a new sport, and in such an incredibly short time.
    this not really a surprise ...greg is a natural leader...

Great for Greg

Coach K has a way of developing character in his players - possibly one of the best reasons to send your son to play bb for him. Taking nothing away from Greg, just saying that as a mentor for young men I can think of no one better than K to bring out the best in them. Grats Greg, and good luck in the season, we'll be cheering for you.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    He needs to go into politics.
    Congrats, Greg!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Boy, I still remember that pre-puberty voice yelling "ball Shel, pass me the ball". Congrats on your new role. Hope you have lots of success.

That is so awesome! I'm so happy for him... Congrats, Greg!

Congratulations, Greg! Very impressive.