Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    Add St. John's in Cameron on 12/5.

http://redstormsports.cstv.com/sport...070809aac.html

Also possibly add Long Beach State on 12/29, but this isn't confirmed per their prospectus.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...Prospectus.pdf
    Does this mean we're not going to be playing an OOC game during our "off-day" in February?

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    Add St. John's in Cameron on 12/5.

http://redstormsports.cstv.com/sport...070809aac.html

Also possibly add Long Beach State on 12/29, but this isn't confirmed per their prospectus.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...Prospectus.pdf
    either they are suicidal or Long Beach St must feel they are going to be pretty good this year as they loaded up vs Notre dame, Texas, UK and Duke and in the Anaheim tournament with (Butler, Clemson, LBSU, Minnesota, Portland, Texas A&M, UCLA, West Virginia)

TENTATIVE 2009-2010 LONG BEACH STATE MEN’S BASKETBALL SCHEDULE (Subject to change)
    Date ....... Day Opponent.................... ........................ ..Time
    Nov. 14 ..... Saturday Alaska Anchorage ........................ ..............4:05 pm
    Nov. 17 ..... Tuesday at Pepperdine ........................ ..................7:00 pm
    Nov. 19 ..... Thursday at Notre Dame ........................ ..................4:30 pm
    Nov. 21 ..... Saturday at Green Bay...................... .....................11:00 am
    Nov. 26 ..... Thursday 76 Classic! (Anaheim, Calif.) ........................ ......TBA
    (Butler, Clemson, LBSU, Minnesota, Portland, Texas A&M, UCLA, West Virginia)
    Nov. 27 ..... Friday 76 Classic! ........................ .....................TBA
    Nov. 29 ..... Sunday 76 Classic! ........................ .....................TBA
    Dec. 7 ....... Monday at Texas ........................ ......................TB A
    Dec. 18 ..... Friday Utah State...................... ......................7: 05 pm
    Dec. 21 ..... Monday at Loyola Marymount................... .................8:00 pm
    Dec. 23 .....Wednesday at Kentucky ........................ ...................TBA
    Dec. 29 ..... Tuesday at Duke ........................ ......................TB A

Quote Originally Posted by ACCBBallFan View Post
    either they are suicidal or Long Beach St must feel they are going to be pretty good this year as they loaded up vs Notre dame, Texas, UK and Duke and in the Anaheim tournament with (Butler, Clemson, LBSU, Minnesota, Portland, Texas A&M, UCLA, West Virginia)
    Or thier athletic department is in need of money for new baseball uniforms.
    WWJDD?

Quote Originally Posted by COYS View Post
    Does this mean we're not going to be playing an OOC game during our "off-day" in February?
    Or would that be the Tulsa game (2/25)?

some hidden good news

A little less in-depth than the previous posters but still interesting to note that the three teams we do not visit next year in the ACC we are a combined 6-8 against since 2002-2003 on the road.

@ FSU since 02-03 3-3
    @ VT since ACC induction 2-1
    @ WF since 02-03 1-4

This compared with an overall record over those 7 years on the road in the ACC of 36-20 shows that no matter the strength of these teams, we might be catching a break.

Duke - Memphis?

I thought there was talk for a H-A-N series with Memphis starting this year with the first game in Chicago? That way Scheyer would get a game in front of his friends and family.

Quote Originally Posted by jesus_hurley View Post
    I thought there was talk for a H-A-N series with Memphis starting this year with the first game in Chicago? That way Scheyer would get a game in front of his friends and family.
    I know that Calipari was the one really beating this drum in the beginning as he was also trying to set up something with UNC as well. I can only assume the desire for this left with Cal. I would guess that we might see this revisited in the next year or two (a reunion with E-Will) if Memphis can hold up their end (continue to play high level basketball) with Coach Pastner.

Quote Originally Posted by mo.st.dukie View Post
    Or would that be the Tulsa game (2/25)?
    I overlooked that, my bad. I saw St. Johns in Dec. and jumped the gun. I know that some people don't like that game because of the wear and tear on the players, but this past season, in particular, it helped to have a game like that to try something new and radical, like throw a freshman who had only played limited minutes thus far straight into the starting lineup and change point guards for the third time. I also enjoy the break ACC opponents and always look forward to the game, even if St. Johns has been a disappointing adversary recently.

February and March are always tough as Duke faces ACC teams for the second time right after they just palyed UNC.

Playing UNC coach K has to play all his cards, and opposing ocaches get to see what worked for UNC and what did not, not that they could necessarily replicate that without a Hansbrough and a Lawson.

works both ways though as Duke coaches have tape from first encounter too.

Tulsa will be a refreshing change of pace from a schedule in Feb-March that has UNC(2) - GA Tech, Clemson, and MD to perhaps stop any skid tht may be in process and to give team a look at type fo team they may face in first round.

Anthony Mason just got clearance to play ffth year for St John's after having to sit out last season.

Quote Originally Posted by geraldsneighbor View Post
    at MSG to play Gonzaga
    Is this our annual "home game" in mid/late December? Do we have a date yet? Thanks in advance if anyone knows.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Is this our annual "home game" in mid/late December? Do we have a date yet? Thanks in advance if anyone knows.
    I don't have the link but had this noted on my calendar

Gonzaga in MSG is confirmed by Andy Katz. Expected date is Saturday, December 19th.

Also, the Zags will host Wake Forest in the Kennel. Tough road game for the Demon Deacons. (no date specified in text I saved)

Dec 19 is the same day that UNC helps TX open the new TX Stadium and Michigan is at KU.

As I recall Davidson visits the Zags the Saturday before on Dec 12 , same day JT-3's G-town plays Lorenzo's Washington and MS St plays UCLA in Wooden Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Devil View Post
    I know that Calipari was the one really beating this drum in the beginning as he was also trying to set up something with UNC as well. I can only assume the desire for this left with Cal. I would guess that we might see this revisited in the next year or two (a reunion with E-Will) if Memphis can hold up their end (continue to play high level basketball) with Coach Pastner.

It was a done deal before Cal left, but Kansas is playing Memphis in St. Louis as part of a double-header with the second game being Arkansas - Louisville, I think. Should be less intrigue now that Cal's left, but playing in St. Louis will be nice, as it will hopefully give us experience in this year's midwest regional site.

And talk about silly scheduling. Kansas v. Duke on campus. Oops. It's football. I'll be fun, but nothing compared to what could be...

I am slow...

So are we getting that game with Memphis next year? I read all the posts and am still not sure. Sorry for being so slow!

AZ vs. Duke

Now that Sean Miller has left Xavier to coach at AZ (and Lute is gone), I wonder whether the Duke-AZ series will be renewed in the coming years.

This would be a great cross country match-up of two traditional basketball powers. I'd love to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Azdukefan View Post
    So are we getting that game with Memphis next year? I read all the posts and am still not sure. Sorry for being so slow!
    It's highly unlikely, IMO. The neutral site game was supposed to be in Chicago, and we're now playing Iowa State there. We have one spot left on our non-conference schedule based on the above. I would be surprised if it isn't Davidson given that we've played every year from 1996/7 - present.

Assuming we will play 2 non-conference games a week, the only open Saturday in December is 12/19. 12/5 is St. John's, 12/12 is exams, and 12/26 is likely Christmas break.

Duke/UA

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    Now that Sean Miller has left Xavier to coach at AZ (and Lute is gone), I wonder whether the Duke-AZ series will be renewed in the coming years.

This would be a great cross country match-up of two traditional basketball powers. I'd love to see it.
    I read somewhere (can't quite remember where) that potentially we could play them in 2010/2011 in New Jersey or MSG and potentially make the return to the left coast (Staples potentially) for a return game in 2011/2012. Anyone have a link or heard anything?

Calipari wanting to play Duke

Andy Katz's most recent Daily Word article says " Kentucky coach John Calipari would love his team to play Duke in a game in front of 40,000 or so fans at a venue like Atlanta's Georgia Dome, but he doesn't think Duke will go ahead with the proposal any time soon.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/...name=katz_andy

That sure would be fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post

As long as the refs know where the 3 point line is if we go to AZ! Everytime I see AZ's home floor all I can think about is Koubek hitting a 3 from about a foot behind the line and it getting counted as a 2. Then we lose in OT...

Quote Originally Posted by The1Bluedevil View Post
    Andy Katz's most recent Daily Word article says " Kentucky coach John Calipari would love his team to play Duke in a game in front of 40,000 or so fans at a venue like Atlanta's Georgia Dome, but he doesn't think Duke will go ahead with the proposal any time soon.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/...name=katz_andy

That sure would be fun to watch.
    Of course, Calipari knows that rabid Kentucky fans would spend whatever it takes to scarf up all of those 40,000 seats that are not pre-allotted to Duke before the first Duke fan could pick up the phone or connect to the ticket office online. (Moreover, judging from the embarrassing prevalence of UNC fans in the Duke section during the ACC Tourney at the Georgia Dome last March, there are plenty of Iron Dukes who will shamelessly sell their seats to rival fans for the right price.)

As a Findlay alum I was crushed to see that game is on Tuesday. If it was on a w/e day I'd be coming down for sure. Might have to try to get tickets for the Chicago game.