More proof that Phil Ivey is TBPPITW

The
    Best
    Poker
    Player
    In
    The
    World

I was watching the WSOP coverage this week and they were talking about Daniel Negreanu and Eric Lindgren making a bold bet. They said they would bet any other pair of players that Lingren and Daniel would do better than the other pair in the WSOP Player of the Year standings.

There was one caveat in the bet... Phil Ivey not allowed.

Dan and Eric ended up losing a lot of their bets as Eric had a horrible World Series. They really got cleaned out by Barry Greenstein, who chose Jeffrey Lisandro as his partner and Lisandro promptly won 3 bracelets.

But the thing that stuck out to me was that Daniel Negreanu and Eric Lindgren wanted no part of Phil Ivey. This despite the fact that Phil does not play in as many WSOP events as many of the other pros.

The fact that two of the top 10 or so players on the planet say they will take on anyone... except Phil Ivey, speaks volumes to how freaking good Phil is.

--Jason "eager for November too see Phil work his magic at the final table" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Hmm...seems like Phil has a fanboy!

I was also watching the WSOP re-runs this week, and I thought that when they did a segment where probably 8 or 9 of the top pros in the game all said the Phil Ivey was by far the best player in the world.

And since poker players don't retire when they turn 40 or 45, he should be the best in the world for a LONG time to come.

And hopefully he shows that he is the best in november's final table