Not sure how many of you have heard this story:

Vanderbilt coach Kevin Stallings sacrificed a $100,000 pay raise to fund his Commodores' 10-day trip to Australia earlier this month.

"I knew the university was facing a tough time just like the rest of the country. There were people losing jobs. There was so much distress economically for the university to shell out $100,000 for us to make the trip."

When deposits were due for the basketball team's trip, officials couldn't commit school funds without knowing that they would be paid back. Stallings then asked if he could forego the raise due him in his contract to pay for the trip.
Look, I am not saying the guys is a saint. It is not like he gave up his raise to save some janitor from being laid off. The money he gave up went to pay for a pretty nice perk for his team. Still, I think it is a nice self-less gesture and shows he really cares about his players. There are quite a few big-time coaches who would not have thought of giving up their own money for something like this. They would have tried to get boosters to pay for it or pitched a fit and forced the university to find a way to get the funds.

Worth noting-- Stallings makes more than $1.3 million a year at Vandy and is one of the highest paid coaches in the country. Just in terms of what his school pays him (not counting outside deals with shoe companies and other stuff like that), Stallings makes more than Coach K, Roy Williams, Billy Donovan, and many other top-tier coaches.

--Jason "I was a bit shocked at how high Stallings annual salary was" Evans