Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Elliot Williams Cleared to Play for Memphis

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...his-basketbal/

So glad this Calipari stuff hasn't affected him...

Interesting juxtaposition of announcements by the NCAA.

I wish Elliott well and pray for his mother who is so ill. Having her son there more often will hoipefully help her spirits.

I wish both him and his mother well. Real life is just more important than basketball. Good luck, E-Will!

Wishing him the best

I hope that he has a great year, and that the move will give him the chance to spend more time with his mother. Our prayers with you both.

I'm glad to hear that he was cleared to play and I hope he has a great season.

E-Dub is predicted to break out this year in this B/R article...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ed-to-breakout

I don't think that this has been posted anywhere, but for those of you interested, Memphis played an exhibition game on Tuesday against Lemoyne-Owen. Elliot posted a pretty solid stat line. Granted this was against inferior competion but Elliot is by far the most talented player the Tigers have this year. Perhaps, the most suprising stat is the 3 of 4 from beyond the arc.

Player FG-FGA FG-FGA FT-FTA Off Def Tot PF TP A TO Blk Stl Min
    WILLIAMS, E 8-11 3-4 5-6 1 5 6 1 24 6 4 0 2 28

http://www.gotigersgo.com/sports/m-b...110309aaa.html

I think Elliot will put up much better numbers at Memphis then he would've at Duke. Much like King...i'm just not convinced the style of play he was comfortable with was ever going to adjust to the Duke style of play.

Ultimately i think Dawkins is built more to help Duke and for him to become a star in this system.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim1515 View Post
    I think Elliot will put up much better numbers at Memphis then he would've at Duke. Much like King...i'm just not convinced the style of play he was comfortable with was ever going to adjust to the Duke style of play.

Ultimately i think Dawkins is built more to help Duke and for him to become a star in this system.
    I know this is an opinion but this is completely baseless. People on this board are ridiculous sometimes. If we lose a recruit people say, "He wasn't the right fit at Duke anyway" - "He we would not have been able to contribute." ETC ETC ETC

Try to be a little more objective. There is no way I would take a freshman Andrew Dawkins over a Sophmore Elliot Williams. I am fairly sure most people on this board would agree.

That being said, I am VERY happy to have Andre on our side and I am sure he will be an asset. But "C'mon man."

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.
    I was a big fan of Ewill. That kind of athletiscm is hard to come by. Its amazing how one player can change the dynamic of the team. If Ewill would have stayed, I could have seen a lineup of:

Smith 6-3 JR
    Ewill 6-4 SO
    Scheyer 6-5 SR
    Singler 6-8 JR
    Thomas 6-8 SR

I agree with the last two posters. Elliot would have been a tremendous asset to this year's team. Having another slasher (in addition to Nolan) would really elevate the offense. Though the exhibition game was not indicative of the talent he will face during the regular season, I expect that Elliot will significantly step up his game this year. I would not be surprised to see him on the C-USA first team... I would almost be surprised if he doesn't make it.

I wish him (and his family) all the best and am very disappointed that we won't have the privilege of having him play for Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by ScreechTDX1847 View Post
    I know this is an opinion but this is completely baseless. People on this board are ridiculous sometimes. If we lose a recruit people say, "He wasn't the right fit at Duke anyway" - "He we would not have been able to contribute." ETC ETC ETC

Try to be a little more objective. There is no way I would take a freshman Andrew Dawkins over a Sophmore Elliot Williams. I am fairly sure most people on this board would agree.

That being said, I am VERY happy to have Andre on our side and I am sure he will be an asset. But "C'mon man."
    Seriously? Did i sound bitter at all? Elliot is a slasher and a streaky shooter. He struggled picking up the defensives schemes (although did well when his man had the ball) and struggled more on offense.

Duke is a 3 point shooting team first. Dawkins is a great shooter...Elliot will probably be a good shooter but never a great one. My point is that Andre fits the Duke mold. Plus...he's more of a controlled system player to begin with.

Well what ever the reason for Elliott leaving, I wish him and his family the best of luck. E-Will is a super kid and I am really going to miss him this year. I hope he has a great college career and I hope his mom recovers and is there to enjoy his success.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim1515 View Post
    Seriously? Did i sound bitter at all? Elliot is a slasher and a streaky shooter. He struggled picking up the defensives schemes (although did well when his man had the ball) and struggled more on offense.

Duke is a 3 point shooting team first. Dawkins is a great shooter...Elliot will probably be a good shooter but never a great one. My point is that Andre fits the Duke mold. Plus...he's more of a controlled system player to begin with.

One word: "Freshman"

Offensive Posts

Folks, if you find a post offensive, or believe that it reflects poorly on Duke or DBR, I urge you to report that post to the moderators instead of getting into a p***ing match with the offending poster. There are only so many of us, and we try to keep up with all the threads, but sometimes we get behind. Rather than have y'all completely throttle someone (which only clutters threads and brings the offending post more attention) just let us know. 99% of the time y'all know what flies here, we probably agree with you, and we'll take care of it.
    WWJDD?

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMan View Post
    Folks, if you find a post offensive, or believe that it reflects poorly on Duke or DBR, I urge you to report that post to the moderators instead of getting into a p***ing match with the offending poster. There are only so many of us, and we try to keep up with all the threads, but sometimes we get behind. Rather than have y'all completely throttle someone (which only clutters threads and brings the offending post more attention) just let us know. 99% of the time y'all know what flies here, we probably agree with you, and we'll take care of it.
    Seriously? There was nothing "offensive" about those posts; they were simply one person's opinion. Even though 99% of us disagree with the sentiment what is wrong with it being said?

Shall we burn some books too?

Seriously? There was nothing "offensive" about those posts; they were simply one person's opinion. Even though 99% of us disagree with the sentiment what is wrong with it being said?

Shall we burn some books too?
    I probably should not take the bait because we do not need this to devolve into another tedious discussion of "free speech," but the posts that were removed not only were offensive, they clearly were inconsistent with the intent of the site owners and reflected poorly on the community.
    "Just like you man. I got the shotgun, you got the briefcase." Omar Little

getting back to Ewill, i love this kid. Future all american no doubt.

One word: "Freshman"
    Yeah maybe.

It is hard to argue that good players won't become good players in just about every situation. Elliot will be good and would've been better as a sophomore at Duke then he was as a freshman. I just have a feeling he will be more comfortable in the Memphis system. At the same time I think Andre will be more comfortable at Duke then he would've been at Memphis.

Just my opinion