Bjornolf meets his half-brother for the first time!

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Have we heard about bjornolf's sojourn (and try saying that 4 or 5 times) to meet his half brother?

Sounds interesting...if you care to expound on it?
    Not sure if I should put this here or start a new thread.

I've known I had a half brother since I was about five, but I'd never met him. Being an only child, and as the grass is always greener, I'd always fantasized about having a brother. Turns out, so did he. Anyway, I got in touch with him a few weeks ago and we really hit it off. We got together last weekend at South of the Border on the SC/NC border because it's almost EXACTLY halfway between my house and his (he lives in Jacksonville), hence my thread about advice for places to eat in Fayetteville and Florence. We ended up going to see District 9 in Florence at their cool new stadium seating theater. Then we ate at the Longhorn Steakhouse a block away. Then we went and hung out at the hotel, looking at photos and catching up. Next morning, we played some PS3 (he's big into gaming too) and then went around to all the cheesy places at SotB, getting fun, cheesy gifts for our kids (I have six nephews and nieces now). In fact, we hit it off so well that we were baggin' on each other like old chums within minutes. One of the ladies at one of the stores even asked if we were brothers. We laughed and said "yea, but we only met 20 hours ago!" They were amazed by that, thinking we'd grown up together. Ah well, it was fun, and we're hoping to get together again soon.

Unfortunately, he got attacked by a land shark at SotB:

And I got eaten by a giant alligator, Crikey!

Pedro sez: Great story, thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Pedro sez: Great story, thanks for sharing!

Pedro cracks me up, and he sells some amazing fireworks.

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    Not sure if I should put this here or start a new thread.

I've known I had a half brother since I was about five, but I'd never met him. Being an only child, and as the grass is always greener, I'd always fantasized about having a brother. Turns out, so did he. Anyway, I got in touch with him a few weeks ago and we really hit it off. We got together last weekend at South of the Border on the SC/NC border because it's almost EXACTLY halfway between my house and his (he lives in Jacksonville), hence my thread about advice for places to eat in Fayetteville and Florence. We ended up going to see District 9 in Florence at their cool new stadium seating theater. Then we ate at the Longhorn Steakhouse a block away. Then we went and hung out at the hotel, looking at photos and catching up. Next morning, we played some PS3 (he's big into gaming too) and then went around to all the cheesy places at SotB, getting fun, cheesy gifts for our kids (I have six nephews and nieces now). In fact, we hit it off so well that we were baggin' on each other like old chums within minutes. One of the ladies at one of the stores even asked if we were brothers. We laughed and said "yea, but we only met 20 hours ago!" They were amazed by that, thinking we'd grown up together. Ah well, it was fun, and we're hoping to get together again soon.

And I got eaten by a giant alligator, Crikey!
    That is a very cool story. I wish you guys nothing but the best.

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    Are you sure it wasn't a plumber or a telegram who attacked? Maybe it was just a dolphin.

http://www.videosift.com/video/Plumber-Maam

--Jason "starring Chevy Chase as the voice of the land shark" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?