Marshall Plumlee

It seems like we either aren't in the running for MP3 or he's so in the bag because of our relationship with the Plumlee family that Duke and Plumlee are playing it cool. I've never heard him mention Duke and we are listed as "Low" Interest with him on Scout. We haven't offered him while a number of other schools have. Do we have such an inside track with him that we don't need to offer him yet?

http://indiana.scout.com/a.z?s=170&p...%2f888981.html

I think we are waiting to see how much more he develops as a player. He is not quite the type of prospect who is a "no brainer" to offer -- close, but not quite.

There is plenty of time to get more involved. He's just a rising junior and he cannot even sign an LOI for more than a year. We already have a very close relationship with the family so if we decide to step it up with MP3, there won't be a steep learning curve

--Jason "MP3, cool nickname" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I think we are waiting to see how much more he develops as a player. He is not quite the type of prospect who is a "no brainer" to offer -- close, but not quite.

There is plenty of time to get more involved. He's just a rising junior and he cannot even sign an LOI for more than a year. We already have a very close relationship with the family so if we decide to step it up with MP3, there won't be a steep learning curve

--Jason "MP3, cool nickname" Evans
    I feel the same way that we have an "in" that other teams don't. I just remember hearing that he was going to be the best Plumlee of all 3 a while back. I know these things are fluid but it surprises me to see him taking all of these OV's and us not even having offered him. He is a big, so maybe the staff needs to see who commits to us for '10 before offering too many bigs for '11...

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    I feel the same way that we have an "in" that other teams don't. I just remember hearing that he was going to be the best Plumlee of all 3 a while back. I know these things are fluid but it surprises me to see him taking all of these OV's and us not even having offered him. He is a big, so maybe the staff needs to see who commits to us for '10 before offering too many bigs for '11...
    I may be mistaken but I don't think that players can take official visits until their senior year (or summer before). It is also my understanding that MP3 has visited Duke on a couple of occasions with his brothers so he is already familiar with the campus and program.

I would imagine that we are in solid position with MP3. It is still early in the recruiting process for him and for Duke with regards to the 2011 class. At this point I think that Miller is the only 2011 target that has an offer although I know that we are also recruiting McAdoo, Rivers, Beal and I think Cook and Wroten.

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    I may be mistaken but I don't think that players can take official visits until their senior year (or summer before). It is also my understanding that MP3 has visited Duke on a couple of occasions with his brothers so he is already familiar with the campus and program.

I would imagine that we are in solid position with MP3. It is still early in the recruiting process for him and for Duke with regards to the 2011 class. At this point I think that Miller is the only 2011 target that has an offer although I know that we are also recruiting McAdoo, Rivers, Beal and I think Cook and Wroten.
    You're right. He has been taking a bunch of UVs. I know it's early too, just trying to get through the summer dead months...

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    You're right. He has been taking a bunch of UVs. I know it's early too, just trying to get through the summer dead months...
    In eighteen days there will be some excitement! Our football team will be playing the first game of the season!

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    In eighteen days there will be some excitement! Our football team will be playing the first game of the season!
    lets keep this thread about marshall plumlee...the football team has its own thread.

im already excited about duke basketball and recruiting basketball players.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Hey mods, I think there was already a MP3 thread, if so, should this thread be merged into the other one??

thanks