15 Duke Footballers diagnosed with Swine Flu

Heather Dinch (ACC Football Reporter,) announced tonight that 15 unamed Duke Football players have had swine flu symtoms while being at Training Camp.

She reports that the cases are mild and most of the players will return to practice tomorrow at 8:30am.

here is the complete story:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4398021

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Damn. Held onto the pigskin too long.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Oh boy. Not good. There were actually a lot of cases on East Campus this summer while I was at Duke...Giles dorm on East was a temporary quarantine for kids on East who had swine flu symptoms...

...and the undergrads are coming back in 10 days.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Damn. Held onto the pigskin too long.
    Classic.. Thanks for the laugh

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    My oldest son was at TIP this year. They had to shut down due to 25 cases of swine flu. Luckily my son wasn't one of them but it sounds like Duke as whole as been hit hard!

H1N1 hits football team

Lots of recent news that approximately half of Duke's football team has been mildly infected by H1N1. For example, the News and Observer indicates that these infections are mild, lasting only two or three days, not at all threatening to athletes in their teens and early-twenties, and that neither UNC nor NC State has yet been similarly afflicted.

While we all certainly hope for universal good health, it seem fairly clear that H1N1 will be extremely prevalent among college-age people this autumn and will likely spread rapidly throughput the United States during the next months. Since those that have been exposed to the virus tend to be immunized and since the vaccine will not be available until the October/November time-frame (and, even then, may be rationed for several months), I wonder if this might give our football team a serendipitous advantage during the "meat" of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by 4decadedukie View Post
    Lots of recent news that approximately half of Duke's football team has been mildly infected by H1N1. For example, the News and Observer indicates that these infections are mild, lasting only two or three days, not at all threatening to athletes in their teens and early-twenties, and that neither UNC nor NC State has yet been similarly afflicted.

While we all certainly hope for universal good health, it seem fairly clear that H1N1 will be extremely prevalent among college-age people this autumn and will likely spread rapidly throughput the United States during the next months. Since those that have been exposed to the virus tend to be immunized and since the vaccine will not be available until the October/November time-frame (and, even then, may be rationed for several months), I wonder if this might give our football team a serendipitous advantage during the "meat" of the season?
    It's all part of the conspiracy that will enable Duke to win the ACC championship THIS year, a year ahead of schedule!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Oh no, Ozzie, you've let the "cat out of the bag" and soon the southeastern media and the legions of "Duke haters" will surely suggest that our University is involved in biological warfare.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    It's all part of the conspiracy that will enable Duke to win the ACC THIS year, a year ahead of schedule!
    I'm not sure I see it quite that way. Is there any college football program that has seen more Old Testament wrath than Duke Football? Disease, Pestilence, natural disasters, and Wally Wade toilets, geez. You can almost hear the stadium vendors "Get your incense, Get your myrrh, only 20 shekels!"

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/accnow...bout-with-h1n1

"We've just told everybody to hug our trainer if they felt bad and everything would be okay."

Poor guy!