True Facebook tales

I decided not to post this on the other thread in hopes that some of you will have stories to share.

This one is true because I am the professsor who had a student last spring semester who began missing a lot of classes and assignments and even exams and who made tons of excuses for each miss. She would send me emails that she had a broken down car, a sick grandparent, was sick herself, etc. In a public school, a professor can't ask for an excuse becasue of privacy issues, so we either accept these excuses and allow the student to make up work or not.

After spring break, she sent me an email excuse that she had the flu/strep and could not come to class, would miss two more assignments and so on...

The next day, an undergrad who worked in my lab asked about her and he told me that she and he had been an item as freshmen three years ago. He preceded to tell me that she was making up these excuses becasue she was too hungover to come to class. I had figured that much but did not have any proof. So he showed me her Facebook page (they were still friends) and there were the pictures of her drinking in a bar and bikini'ed on the beach the day she sent me the email with the flu/strep excuse.

Fail!
    ~rthomas

Too bad your story doesn't end with a one-liner like "which tire"? But great story. Related link