Are coaches contracts a matter of public record at public universities?

Hi,

For example, is Coach G's contract at Texas a matter of public record or Coach Williams at UNC? I was wondering if public universities have to disclose their contracts since, theoretically, they are employees of the state and not of a private instituation such as Duke. Just curious, perhaps because of matters of privacy even at public institutions contracts are kept confidential.

GO DUKE!

contracts

gail's contract at texas was public and ran in all details in the raleigh n&o. her based was $1M. she had potential bonuses of $290,000, most of them relatively achieveable. if she got them all she would be the highest paid coach in the land. and I believe the n&o has run all of roy's contract.

Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by bill brill View Post
    gail's contract at texas was public and ran in all details in the raleigh n&o. her based was $1M. she had potential bonuses of $290,000, most of them relatively achieveable. if she got them all she would be the highest paid coach in the land. and I believe the n&o has run all of roy's contract.

Hi,

I appreciate the reply. I will look and see if I can find Coach Boyle's contract. I have not seen it in the papers, but that does not mean I didn't miss it.

GO DUKE!

link

http://www.newsobserver.com/734/story/561407.html

Incentives are up to $270,000.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post

Hi,

I am now going to stop thinking about Coach G and turn my attention to Coach P.

GO DUKE!