Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is this facebook story real?

What do you think?

click to see the image (note-- PG-13 words in link)

--Jason "fmr DBRer James Armstrong alerted me to this amusing item" Evans
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 08-13-2009 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Removed PG-13 image-- click to see
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

gotta love getting fired on facebook...

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    OMG! TOO FUNNY!

And to think I started something today by saying I love Duke Basketball. Sigh. (It wasn't that bad, what I started, I mean, but I did start something.)

Facebook does indeed get folks in trouble - especially those in relationships...

not me...you just don't do anything on facebook you wouldn't do with your spousal unit looking over your shoulder...

Love it! What a hoot...and management gets the last laugh for a change, Doesn't look like there will be any unemployment hearing on that one.

But we still don't know if it's real or fake...

Quote Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
    But we still don't know if it's real or fake...
    From what I can tell, it's been reported in the news as real.

I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often. Social networking sites are such a great way for people to demonstrate their carelessness.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    From what I can tell, it's been reported in the news as real.
    Ehhh, there was no information in that article about the incident that didn't come directly from the FB image itself...

Quote Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
    Ehhh, there was no information in that article about the incident that didn't come directly from the FB image itself...
    Thus my super-careful wording above. (Hoaxes can be reported in the news as real.)

I didn't find enough to verify that the incident really happened, but I was also unable to come across anything that tried to debunk it. More time needs to elapse before it gets on Snopes radar -- for now, we can only accept its truthiness.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Those are the first four letter words I've ever seen on DBR.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Those are the first four letter words I've ever seen on DBR.
    I think the reason it passed the filter is that it is an image/picture and not text. You are talking about the "p" word that is spelled like passed but has an "i" in it, aren't you?
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I counted 3 words that would ordinarily get screened, and a 4th that would probably get screened if we were the Duke's Rugby Squad and living in England.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I think the reason it passed the filter is that it is an image/picture and not text. You are talking about the "p" word that is spelled like passed but has an "i" in it, aren't you?
    I can't believe I totally missed the two "s" words and "f" word. Sheesh.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Don't worry, you're all on my infraction list now. Especially you, Evans.

wow...check it out...those "evil words" have been on a DBR post for a few days now. people can actually see and read them...

the sun is still coming up in the morning, the board hasn't "broken". mass hysteria hasn't ensued, and the internets are still working...

whoduthunkit?

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I can't believe I totally missed the two "s" words and "f" word. Sheesh.
    Wow-- I did not even think about the PG-13 nature of the image when I posted it. My bad folks! I have replaced the image with a link.

-Jason "I should infract myself-- oooh, that sounds kinda dirty" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

jason, not trying to instigate anything, but....why? what's the point? changing it to a link? why hide it? (even tho it's just like clicking on another post to actually see it?")

i'm just curious as to what you think the "problem" is and why you think you have to move it one click deeper?

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    jason, not trying to instigate anything, but....why? what's the point? changing it to a link? why hide it? (even tho it's just like clicking on another post to actually see it?")

i'm just curious as to what you think the "problem" is and why you think you have to move it one click deeper?
    Well, the DBR has a code of conduct that asks these boards to be "family friendly." Words like the ones in the image I originally posted are not allowed here and we have a filter to keep them out. I accidentally circumvented that filter by posting the image, but the rule about those words remains. I am adhering to that rule by taking the image away and making it a link. I am also adding a warning about the nature of the link.

In this fashion, folks cannot accidentally stumble across the offensive words by just opening a DBR thread. It takes a more overt action on their part.

--Jason "Does that make sense?" Evans

Another One

Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013