Heels get one in the truck for 2011

Hairston Commits

By Evan Daniels
    Special to IC
    Posted Aug 3, 2009

Just a day after receiving a scholarship offer from North Carolina, P.J. Hairston opted to give Roy Williams and North Carolina a verbal commitment.

"I did it," Hairston told InsideCarolina.com minutes after making the commitment to Roy Williams. "I'm going to be a Tar Heel."

[redacted for copyright]
    Last edited by -jk; 08-04-2009 at 10:02 AM. Reason: copyright violation

Quote Originally Posted by Duke12 View Post
    Hairston Commits

By Evan Daniels
    Special to IC
    Posted Aug 3, 2009

Just a day after receiving a scholarship offer from North Carolina, P.J. Hairston opted to give Roy Williams and North Carolina a verbal commitment.

"I did it," Hairston told InsideCarolina.com minutes after making the commitment to Roy Williams. "I'm going to be a Tar Heel."

[redacted for copyright]
    Josh Hairston > PJ Hairston
    Last edited by -jk; 08-04-2009 at 10:02 AM. Reason: copyright

Good News for Clemson

Damien Leonard, Come on Down!

I could get used to a Clemson roster spotted with McD's AA.

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Josh Hairston > PJ Hairston
    not so sure about that....

scout: josh - 42; pj - 19
    rivals: josh - 55; pj - 23
    espn: josh - 37; pj - 32

and yes, i know comparing classes can be like comparing apples to oranges
    Last edited by rotogod00; 08-04-2009 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rotogod00 View Post
    not so sure about that....

scout: josh - 42; pj - 19
    rivals: josh - 55; pj - 23
    espn: josh - 37; pj - 32

and yes, i know comparing classes can be like comparing apples to oranges
    After this news, in sheer fandom rankings:

airowe: josh - 1; pj - 0

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    After this news, in sheer fandom rankings:

airowe: josh - 1; pj - 0
    Well, Josh is certainly my favorite Hairston. Maybe the best Hairston since President Hairston Ford punched out those guys that tried to take over Air Force 1.

PJ Hairston does sound like a good player, and I'm convinced the Tarheels will not run out of really top talent so long as Ole Roy is there. They've got it going pretty well. But watch out as The Empire Strikes Back.

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!

Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    PJ Hairston does sound like a good player, and I'm convinced the Tarheels will not run out of really top talent so long as Ole Roy is there. They've got it going pretty well. But watch out as The Empire Strikes Back.
    The Empire did strike back. Duke = the good guys right? Don't let the paleness fool ya. They are on the dark side. Nerdfest over.

Hair's

So we need some come up with some serious nicknames if we end up with both Josh Hairston and Harrison Barnes. Maybe call them the "Hair Club" or something. And during the UNC game the crazies can chant "our Hair is better than yours."

Just glad his name wasn't Barnes.

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.

Bullock and Hairston video

Here is a Youtube video of Hairston and Bullock playing against each other last year. UNC got a couple of good ones. Duke really needs Barnes to compete. If UNC gets Barnes...

Quote Originally Posted by whereinthehellami View Post
    Here is a Youtube video of Hairston and Bullock playing against each other last year. UNC got a couple of good ones. Duke really needs Barnes to compete. If UNC gets Barnes...
    Well, you don't know for sure when 17 and 18-yr olds are making recruiting choices, but...

Harrison Barnes has been to UNC once for a visit; he's been to Duke 3 times and is planning another visit, a visit he hopes to co-ordinate with Kyrie Irving also sometime in the early fall. Positive sign.

Duke really needs Barnes to compete.
    To compete? Are you serious? And you got this from watching YouTube clips?

I hadn't heard much or seen anything on this other Hairston kid until looking at that youtube video. Everybody tends to look great in highlight videos. But I will say that young man has a very quick release on his three point shot. If his percentage is good, and if he has any driving ability to go with that release he is going to be a absolute pain to defend. If.

Hurt the heels for barnes?

Anyone else think this might hurt the heels chances of landing Barnes? This will give them 4 players over 3 classes that basically play the same style as Barnes and could compete for minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by jesus_hurley View Post
    Anyone else think this might hurt the heels chances of landing Barnes? This will give them 4 players over 3 classes that basically play the same style as Barnes and could compete for minutes.
    I can't imagine it would affect their chances one way or the other. The #1 player in the class won't be afraid of a competition for minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    To compete? Are you serious? And you got this from watching YouTube clips?
    No i didn't get my opinion from just a youtube video. Both Bullock and Hairston have been huge names for awhile now. Neither are reaches and barring injuries and the like, have very high ceilings (NBA). They both address a UNC weakness, outside shooting. and they do it with size (6-5) and athletiscm. They were also heavy UNC leans for a while before committing, so its not a suprise. But UNC is just loaded, as long as they can find a serviceable PG (distributor, ie Drew).

No i didn't get my opinion from just a youtube video. Both Bullock and Hairston have been huge names for awhile now. Neither are reaches and barring injuries and the like, have very high ceilings (NBA). They both address a UNC weakness, outside shooting. and they do it with size (6-5) and athletiscm. They were also heavy UNC leans for a while before committing, so its not a suprise. But UNC is just loaded, as long as they can find a serviceable PG (distributor, ie Drew).
    I expect UNC to be formidable for as long as Ol' Roy is the coach, but to say Duke won't be able to compete unless we snag Harrison Barnes I think is more than a bit of a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    I expect UNC to be formidable for as long as Ol' Roy is the coach, but to say Duke won't be able to compete unless we snag Harrison Barnes I think is more than a bit of a stretch.
    We'll see because I don't think Duke lands Barnes. I don't think UNC gets him either though but they have other elite athletes. I hope I'm wrong and I'm not saying that Duke isn't going to be good but UNC has taken the arms race up a notch.

Hairston and Bullock will impress at UNC, but I think we end up with the more impressive recruiting haul over the next two years. Good vibes coming from Brad Beal...Landing him would be incredible.