Page 96 of 156 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 3105
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    ...get back to talking exclusively about Austin in this thread.
    Agreed. Nice SI article from Luke Winn about his USA time:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201.../rivers.notes/

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pappa View Post
    Agreed. Nice SI article from Luke Winn about his USA time:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201.../rivers.notes/
    I really hope Luke Winn has it right this time and Austin does come to Duke. I am so looking forward to having a true point guard with KI, and if he does stay an additional year and could team up with AR and Seth Curry and Andre, WOW!!

Can you have too many great guards???

i'll believe it when they announce it from the Athletic Dept....

BTTT

any day now we'll know.

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    any day now we'll know.
    I certainly hope so but...care to explain??

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterRoddy View Post
    I certainly hope so but...care to explain??
    The "insiders" all say August announcement. Maybe "any day now" means August??

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    Well, the "insiders" say it because Austin, himself, said it. And I certainly hope that "any day now" and a month from now aren't interchangeable nowadays.

I'm not an "insider" but I wouldn't expect an announcment anytime soon. Now that Doc is getting more involved I would think he would have Austin make some more visits before making a final decision. So I would at least wait for him to make his visit to UNC *barf* and maybe an official to Florida (?). Then we should wait to see what he says about a time frame for making a choice...

So far I feel like we are in great shape but a lot can change and I'd never underestimate Roy, as much as we can't stand the guy he is IMO the best clean recruiter in the game right now. But from what I have read and seen I trust that he will choose Duke in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlueNV View Post
    I'm not an "insider" but I wouldn't expect an announcment anytime soon. Now that Doc is getting more involved I would think he would have Austin make some more visits before making a final decision. So I would at least wait for him to make his visit to UNC *barf* and maybe an official to Florida (?). Then we should wait to see what he says about a time frame for making a choice...

So far I feel like we are in great shape but a lot can change and I'd never underestimate Roy, as much as we can't stand the guy he is IMO the best clean recruiter in the game right now. But from what I have read and seen I trust that he will choose Duke in the end.
    From what I understand, I don't think there are any official visits until students have at least started their senior year of high school.

... Roy, as much as we can't stand the guy he is IMO the best clean recruiter ...

if by "clean" you mean a guy who bad mouths DUKE, then ...

No friggin' way!

Official visit

from NCAA.org

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/portal/ncaah...aqs/recruiting

Official Visit
    Any visit to a college campus by you and your parents paid for by the college. The college may pay the following expenses:
    • Your transportation to and from the college;
    • Room and meals (three per day) while you are visiting the college; and
    • Reasonable entertainment expenses, including three complimentary admissions to a home athletics contest.

Before a college may invite you on an official visit, you will have to provide the college with a copy of your high school transcript (Division I only) and SAT, ACT or PLAN score and register with the NCAA Eligibility Center.

So far I feel like we are in great shape but a lot can change and I'd never underestimate Roy, as much as we can't stand the guy he is IMO the best clean recruiter in the game right now.
    Roy is clean? On what planet?

Quote Originally Posted by K>Roy View Post
    Uranus.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Uranus.
    Post of the Day - El Diablo

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Uranus.

http://instantrimshot.com/

I dislike Roy as much if not more than most on this board, but I have never heard of him being on the outside of the NCAA rules when it comes to recruiting. Why would you say that he isn't "clean"?

His Devon Roe incident was distasteful, but not illegal, and we lost HB to him which was painful. Are there specific examples of him breaking NCAA rules that you or anyone else are aware of or am I just using a limited definition of the word clean?

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    I dislike Roy as much if not more than most on this board, but I have never heard of him being on the outside of the NCAA rules when it comes to recruiting. Why would you say that he isn't "clean"?

His Devon Roe incident was distasteful, but not illegal, and we lost HB to him which was painful. Are there specific examples of him breaking NCAA rules that you or anyone else are aware of or am I just using a limited definition of the word clean?
    While the violations weren't major, Kansas took a 1 scholarship hit upon Ole Roy's departure. Also, KU's compliance office did not recall Ole Roy's purported calls to check on the rules.

Deshawn Stevenson traveled from California to North Carolina and improved his SAT score by 700 points. Ole Roy defended Stevenson as having studied hard when the NCAA noticed. The scenario was worse than Rose, except the NCAA caught it earlier.

Ole Roy was the coach for much of ticketgate at KU, but apparently records are missing from his time. Morningstar's dad reportedly made a million off of ticket sales. I would think a million dollars should have been noticeable.

I would say Roy is pretty clean compared to Cal right? I've never heard that Stevenson story and I'll admit that is kinda sketchy. Roy is a great recruiter and just because he ruffled a couple of feathers with some of his tactics, I wouldn't call him "dirty" maybe "cuthroat" would be better. But I'd say overall he is on the cleaner side of college coaching. A good example would be his refusal to recruit John Wall because of the shady character that was Brian Clifton... looks like he made a good call there by staying on the "clean" side.

Stevenson was considered to be the top recruit ever (some sources say) coming out of high school and he committed to Kansas. His first SAT was I believe like a 450, not good enough to clear him, so when he re took the test months later in North Carolina for whatever reason (Roy's state keep in mind) he had an 1150. The NCAA told him to follow it up with another qualifying score as they didn't buy the 700 point jump, and his next test didn't even score 600 points I believe, so Stevenson went to the pros.

He's one of my favorite players, being from the same city

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    I don't know duketaylor personally, but for those that don't know he's a long time member of the board and in the past has certainly seemed to have some connections.

I'm sure that whatever has caused him to say "2 weeks" about 3 weeks ago and then "any day now" is not him just saying something. He has a source, I'm sure they are affiliated with Duke, and they are clearly telling him something. Of course, others with sources connected to Duke have pointed more towards August, so choose who you want to believe.

At the end of the day the announcement is coming soon, maybe its this week, maybe its in a month, and then we can all start freaking out over Quincy or someone else...