Page 92 of 156 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 3105
    As an aside, does anyone just feel like there is no way Doc Rivers lets his son attend Kentucky or that he at least expresses a strong aversion for his son to commit?

NBA coaches have to be privy to some of the rumors and/or know exactly what Calipari is doing behind the scenes. I just can't see a professional basketball coach advocating sending his son to a program like that.

Or not. Your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by ScreechTDX1847 View Post
    As an aside, does anyone just feel like there is no way Doc Rivers lets his son attend Kentucky or that he at least expresses a strong aversion for his son to commit?

NBA coaches have to be privy to some of the rumors and/or know exactly what Calipari is doing behind the scenes. I just can't see a professional basketball coach advocating sending his son to a program like that.

Or not. Your thoughts?
    AR much like Mike Dunleavy Jr., wouldn't NEED the influence/advisement of WWW about the League. AR has a question or wants to meet someone; he just has to have his dad hook him up or lay it out for him.

He has that luxury built in with Doc IF he wants it... (He wouldn't be the 1st teenager to tune out his dad if he chose another path.)

KY has sizzle. Until that sizzle fades, I think most cats are gonna "say" they are giving it a look just to appear cool and be with the "in" crowd.

let's remember, prince harry also wore Duke gear.

Quote Originally Posted by WiJoe View Post
    let's remember, prince harry also wore Duke gear.
    Yeah, but I believe he only wore Duke gear at Duke-related events whereas Austin is wearing Duke gear all across the country. If I'm mistaken, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Class of '94 View Post
    Yeah, but I believe he only wore Duke gear at Duke-related events whereas Austin is wearing Duke gear all across the country. If I'm mistaken, let me know.
    The other side of the coin is a player might like a team (and thus wear their gear) and still decide to attend a different university for whatever reason (including the fact that he's a teenager). I wouldn't read too much into it, either way.

Quote Originally Posted by kedsy View Post
    the other side of the coin is a player might like a team (and thus wear their gear) and still decide to attend a different university for whatever reason (including the fact that he's a teenager). I wouldn't read too much into it, either way.

voice of reason, you are!

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    The other side of the coin is a player might like a team (and thus wear their gear) and still decide to attend a different university for whatever reason (including the fact that he's a teenager). I wouldn't read too much into it, either way.
    Excellent point and good to keep in mind....

Question Cleaning Cycle?

Kids have a bunch of stuff -- tees, caps, sweats, etc. Maybe what they wear just depends on what's clean.

sagegrouse

come on guys i think we can read into it a little bit... austin is a coach's son and i think we can assume he knows what he's doing. when he is allowing himself to be seen in public *with media members present* in a duke shirt, i think thats making a statement. just my opinion... doesnt mean he is a 100% lock but i think the fact that these stories being told about austin rocking duke gear is at the least a sign of where his heart is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlueNV View Post
    come on guys i think we can read into it a little bit... austin is a coach's son and i think we can assume he knows what he's doing. when he is allowing himself to be seen in public *with media members present* in a duke shirt, i think thats making a statement. just my opinion... doesnt mean he is a 100% lock but i think the fact that these stories being told about austin rocking duke gear is at the least a sign of where his heart is right now.
    I wouldn't call it a bad sign.

I agree with Kedsy that we shouldn't read much into, but that being said, it is much better than him wearing UNC or Florida gear. It certainly isn't a bad sign.

come on guys i think we can read into it a little bit... austin is a coach's son and i think we can assume he knows what he's doing. when he is allowing himself to be seen in public *with media members present* in a duke shirt, i think thats making a statement.
    Well, let's assume you are correct and he knows what he's doing. If he wanted to commit, don't you think he'd just do so rather than throw out cryptic hints by wearing a specific shirt? And if he wasn't ready to commit, why would he want people to think he was favoring one school over the other? The idea that it's a true sign doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

sweet... where did you see him?
    Immediately after the championship game, after the postgame interviews. He was the last player to exit the locker room... There was a crowd of fans waiting to get autographs, he (wearing the Duke shirt) walked to the end of the corridor (w/ his father) and signed some of the autographs and walked back into the corridor with his dad and did not come back out (made a back door exit), the other players signed autographs until they had no more to sign, then loaded into the team buses and left. The only other players of the 12 member team to be sporting Duke apparel were Duke commits Kyrie and Josh... Just sayin'! Read into it what you want!

Well, let's assume you are correct and he knows what he's doing. If he wanted to commit, don't you think he'd just do so rather than throw out cryptic hints by wearing a specific shirt? And if he wasn't ready to commit, why would he want people to think he was favoring one school over the other? The idea that it's a true sign doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
    Your making a good arguement but my point wasnt that he had allready decided to play at Duke. It was that it's nice to see him PUBLICLY re-affirming he is a Duke lean... I think its a statment, not that he is ready to commit, but that he is really feeling Duke right now. We arent hearing reports of him wearing UNC or Florida gear right?? Can things change? Of course. I hope not though... I think its a great sign at this point in his recruitment (pretty late in the game if plans sticking to his plan and making a decision in August) that he has said on record and has shown publicly (with all these sightings of him in duke gear) that we are the favorite right now. I understand if you want to remain skeptical, I dont blame you. Its not over till its over but I'm feeling pretty confident right now.

He is coming to Duke. Especially after playing with Irving and Hairston on the U18 team. Its ridiculous that therea are 92 pages of posts in this thread. Just count him in your 2011 roster as starting at the 2. Irving, Rivers, Curry and Dawkins? Wow. We might just pull a Phil Jackson and 3-peat.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePublisher View Post
    He is coming to Duke. Especially after playing with Irving and Hairston on the U18 team. Its ridiculous that therea are 92 pages of posts in this thread. Just count him in your 2011 roster as starting at the 2. Irving, Rivers, Curry and Dawkins? Wow. We might just pull a Phil Jackson and 3-peat.
    Damn. We already won the 2011 championship? That was fast...
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

I actually wore a UNC sweatshirt once. I went to a Duke Carolina football game in CH totally unprepared for the cold front that moved in. I got so cold that I had to buy a hideous light blue sweatshirt with UNC on the front. I wore it for the game, took it home and wrapped it up and gave it to my wife as a Christmas present. I consider that a life and death situation, a man will do funny things when pushed to the brink. It is not something I am proud off.

I think Austin probably likes Duke more than any other school right now but wants to finish the process. This makes sense given his extremely early commit to UF and the de-commit. He realizes that there is no need to rush. Wearing Duke shirts is a good sign, but I believe we have better signs that point him towards us.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    I actually wore a UNC sweatshirt once. I went to a Duke Carolina football game in CH totally unprepared for the cold front that moved in. I got so cold that I had to buy a hideous light blue sweatshirt with UNC on the front. I wore it for the game, took it home and wrapped it up and gave it to my wife as a Christmas present. I consider that a life and death situation, a man will do funny things when pushed to the brink. It is not something I am proud off.

I think Austin probably likes Duke more than any other school right now but wants to finish the process. This makes sense given his extremely early commit to UF and the de-commit. He realizes that there is no need to rush. Wearing Duke shirts is a good sign, but I believe we have better signs that point him towards us.
    Are you starting to lean towards posting on IC?
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Well...

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    You COULD have worn it inside out, you know.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pappa View Post
    I agree with Kedsy that we shouldn't read much into, but that being said, it is much better than him wearing UNC or Florida gear. It certainly isn't a bad sign.
    If someone posts a picture of him in a heels shirt, this thread will have a meltdown.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."