Page 74 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 3105
    Another glowing report on Rivers:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ory?id=5194440

Quote Originally Posted by rotogod00 View Post
    "He can loose his focus"... I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Writer at Bleacher Report says Austin Rivers to Duke (nothing close to official)

A writer at bleacher report says Austin Rivers is comming to Duke. Who knows if this is the truth or not, but in the comments section he says he is certain. I am taking this with a big grain of salt.

His only justification is "seriously guys, i was at the tournament." Give me a break. Nice to hear, but it sounds like this guy's claim is completely baseless. Let's hope at least he's right.
    Trinity '09

I'm also taking everything with a grain of salt. Perhaps I'm misreading his sentence, but it sounds like the author is suggesting that if Rivers comes and Irving stays for his sophomore year, he would be moved to shooting guard so that Rivers could play point. That doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. Is Rivers projected to be a PG in college?

This article is posted already in the Austin Rivers Smoke and Fire thread.

It's not considered reliable at all for the news.

And, no, just about everything I've read would put Rivers at the 2 with Kyrie at the 1.

The Bleacher Report is a menace. It cloaks message board idiocy with an unearned authority - after all, it *looks* like a news report, doesn't it?

You just have to look at the article and it will tell you how baseball it is, "Duke's Austin Rivers" Did he commit? No. This is all speculation and all hogwash at this point. Is his Duke his leader? Yes. Has he commited? No. The Bleacher report throws a lot of this stuff out there that is completely false or not confirmed.

Like when they reported a few weeks back that Austin Rivers would choose his college choice in a "couple of weeks" and it would be between Duke and Florida.

I do not take the Bleacher Report seriously at all. So take this with a grain of salt and don't take anything seriously from this.

BTW, the title of this thread is sorta confusing. I didn't see anywhere in that article where it says "nothing close to official"

Quote Originally Posted by gwlaw99 View Post
    A writer at bleacher report says Austin Rivers is comming to Duke. Who knows if this is the truth or not, but in the comments section he says he is certain. I am taking this with a big grain of salt.
    I have one you can borrow.

Quote Originally Posted by striker219 View Post
    I have one you can borrow.

This grain of salt was actually culled from one of Brian Zoubek's tears.

They had to remove it surgically from his tear duct though...since Brian Zoubek has never cried.

What is that salt's wingspan measured in cinder blocks?

By the time this is over, this will be the longest thread ever!

Quote Originally Posted by billyj View Post

Trick question. Grains of salt removed from Brian Zoubek are in fact cinder blocks themselves.

Thumbs down

Bleacher report Why does DBR constantly link to that blog?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Cockabeau View Post
    Bleacher report Why does DBR constantly link to that blog?
    I was surprised to see them reference them on the front page, especially when they discourage so hard against rumors in the forums. I have very rarely ever seen any actual facts given on BR, at least not that weren't known already. If it ain't sourced, it's a rumor, plain and simple.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I was surprised to see them reference them on the front page, especially when they discourage so hard against rumors in the forums. I have very rarely ever seen any actual facts given on BR, at least not that weren't known already. If it ain't sourced, it's a rumor, plain and simple.
    Slow basketball news cycle. It helps when our posters do a little internet mining as well.

Quote Originally Posted by billyj View Post

Another reason the cinder block measurement did not catch on, you must photograph your object to be measured in front of a cinder block wall... not always practical... Hence the "place a penny in front of the item" measurement system used in this photo. Not nearly as accurate as the cinder block method, but much easier to tote a penny around than a cinder block wall.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    Another reason the cinder block measurement did not catch on, you must photograph your object to be measured in front of a cinder block wall... not always practical... Hence the "place a penny in front of the item" measurement system used in this photo. Not nearly as accurate as the cinder block method, but much easier to tote a penny around than a cinder block wall.
    Unless you're Brian Zoubek and you ARE a cinder block wall.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    He said no dates have yet been set for visits to North Carolina, Kansas or Kentucky.
    “I’m not sure when they’re going to visit North Carolina. [It will be] before the summer ends,” Joseph said.
    So you can count out any announcement just bacause the Celtics lose. (If they were to lose early)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    So you can count out any announcement just bacause the Celtics lose. (If they were to lose early)
    The process would certainly start earlier though. Doc will go on visits with Austin once the C's season is over...