Page 63 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 3105
    http://www.highschoolhoop.com/recrui...visiting-duke/

I didnt see this linked here yet. The pesky heels wont just go away...
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Quote Originally Posted by steven52682 View Post

see post 1227

Quote Originally Posted by steven52682 View Post

That's what you took away from this article? Now, please tell me how much fluid is in that glass you're holding?

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    That's what you took away from this article? Now, please tell me how much fluid is in that glass you're holding?
    Its about a quarter empty...
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

oh man - this stuff just makes me more nervous until it's final
    Trinity '09

Quote Originally Posted by WiJoe View Post
    see post 1227
    I will say one thing from that article does worry me. He says wherever he ends up enrolling his girlfriend is going to follow him there. I wonder if she's going to have any influence on his decision. If he chooses Duke, what if she can't get in or doesn't like the idea of coming to Duke. Will he go somewhere else so they can be at the same school?

I know it seems silly to think a young man with such a future ahead of him would let a teenage girl influence his decision, but if they're close enough that they want to go to the same college, I have a feeling he'll at least listen to what she has to say, assuming she has an opinion about it.

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    I will say one thing from that article does worry me. He says wherever he ends up enrolling his girlfriend is going to follow him there. I wonder if she's going to have any influence on his decision. If he chooses Duke, what if she can't get in or doesn't like the idea of coming to Duke. Will he go somewhere else so they can be at the same school?

I know it seems silly to think a young man with such a future ahead of him would let a teenage girl influence his decision, but if they're close enough that they want to go to the same college, I have a feeling he'll at least listen to what she has to say, assuming she has an opinion about it.
    It also says she was enrolled at a community college. I would assume she would stay on a similar path...

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post

From the way I read it, I thought he was saying that she was going to try to just go to a school in the same area.

Quote Originally Posted by Jderf View Post
    From the way I read it, I thought he was saying that she was going to try to just go to a school in the same area.
    That's exactly what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Jderf View Post
    Yeah that's what I took from it as well. That being said, just the fact that mentioned his girlfriend moving with him, to me says that her opinion is one that he will listen to

Quote Originally Posted by Turtleboy View Post
    That's exactly what he said.
    Yeah, I missed that part. I just re-read it and he says she's going to go to a school "down there" if he goes to Duke. He's in Florida, so I assume he meant "up there" but whatever, he can call it whatever he wants so long as he's on campus next year.

Quote Originally Posted by baby-face dawkins View Post
    Yeah that's what I took from it as well. That being said, just the fact that mentioned his girlfriend moving with him, to me says that her opinion is one that he will listen to
    Just remember that the triangle has PLENTY of options for a young lady to continue her education. The Triangle alone has about 10 colleges. Throw in the Triad (Greensboro, Winston, High Point) and it's literally spilling over with education possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    Just remember that the triangle has PLENTY of options for a young lady to continue her education. The Triangle alone has about 10 colleges. Throw in the Triad (Greensboro, Winston, High Point) and it's literally spilling over with education possibilities.
    Dear Supadave,

This is a recruiting thread. Please don't convolute our ScreamingHowlerPanickMonkey mindset with logic and reason.

Cease and desist immediately.

Yours truly,
    SilkyJ, ESQ.

With all these articles and stuff looking like "pro duke"... just remember stuff like this http://www.tarheeltimes.com/article16329.aspx... and this http://www.highschoolhoop.com/recrui...visit-to-duke/

Quote Originally Posted by Osiagledknarf View Post
    With all these articles and stuff looking like "pro duke"... just remember stuff like this http://www.tarheeltimes.com/article16329.aspx... and this http://www.highschoolhoop.com/recrui...visit-to-duke/
    I could post twenty Kyrie Irving article links and prove the exact opposite point. Or Carrick Felix articles. Or Michael Gbinije articles. Or Tyler Adams articles. You get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiagledknarf View Post
    Actually I'm glad you posted this b/c it did occur to me today. However, upon reading them I'm glad we experienced Harrison. Harrison Barnes DOES like Duke. This you guys MUST get through your heads. You will NEVER hear him say a bad word. But if you read this again, he does give small hints and it's the same ones we dismissed from UNC fans at that - like the "other" side of Carolina.

But it's always the one thing that sticks out to a recruit - the x-factor. For Barnes it was Jordan. I get it - and I accept it. I got my first Jordans a half-size too big so I wouldn't have to get Sky Jordans (remember those?). A singular entity for a singular mind with singular goals. Some of it even sounds like he's scouting the Duke team more than putting himself IN the practice. He's definitely very "on to the next one" about it.

But ahhh, Austin. If I'm at liberty too embellish. He's a different animal. He's thoughtful. There's something there. He talked to his coach. He asked how his AAU coach felt. He inquired with his girlfriend. He inquired with his dad. I'm sure he's talked to his brother. He took his AAU coach to campus. He's a FAMILY guy. He actually took something away from his conversations with the players. He wants that National Championship. And just like Harrison fits the mold of typical UNC stud - so does Austin fit Duke.

Harrison might have said we - but he never said family...

But hey - Roy Williams can always pull a Pat Riley and retire Doc Rivers number...

Anyway, it's late and the Magic just hit 17,000 threes on the Hawks. I'm calling it a night.

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    ... Harrison Barnes DOES like Duke. This you guys MUST get through your heads. You will NEVER hear him say a bad word. ...
    Ordinarily, I wouldn't waste any more bandwidth on Barnes here, but I have to take issue with your statement. Here's an excerpt from the ESPN article published after Barnes committed to UNC:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ory?id=4900463

Barnes enjoyed the recruiting process. Despite hundreds of letters and phone calls, he remained thorough and organized.

By the end, Barnes said his decision to go to North Carolina was obvious.

"Honestly, I really didn't have a second choice," Barnes said. "It was that clear-cut."

Based on my understanding of the impression that Barnes conveyed to Coach K and how he acted towards the Duke program throughout his recruitment, I find it difficult to consider the quoted statement from Barnes as anything other than a deliberate snipe at Duke. I've seen Duke and Carolina vying closely for the same recruits over the years, with each school winning some of those battles and losing others. But of all the players who were courted by and showed an interest in both schools, I don't recall any other who went out of his way to insult that school and coach by declaring that they weren't even considered a legitimate alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    Ordinarily, I wouldn't waste any more bandwidth on Barnes here, but I have to take issue with your statement. Here's an excerpt from the ESPN article published after Barnes committed to UNC:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ory?id=4900463

Barnes enjoyed the recruiting process. Despite hundreds of letters and phone calls, he remained thorough and organized.

By the end, Barnes said his decision to go to North Carolina was obvious.

"Honestly, I really didn't have a second choice," Barnes said. "It was that clear-cut."

Based on my understanding of the impression that Barnes conveyed to Coach K and how he acted towards the Duke program throughout his recruitment, I find it difficult to consider the quoted statement from Barnes as anything other than a deliberate snipe at Duke. I've seen Duke and Carolina vying closely for the same recruits over the years, with each school winning some of those battles and losing others. But of all the players who were courted by and showed an interest in both schools, I don't recall any other who went out of his way to insult that school and coach by declaring that they weren't even considered a legitimate alternative.
    thanks Stray...i agree...in fact, i think it was a setup from the git go...

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    Agreed. When someone does everything during the recruiting process to make you think that you're firmly in the running (or even in the lead) and then later say there was no second choice speaks to his character.

Oh and Austin Rivers is awesome, just to keep this on topic