Page 62 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 3105
    Anyone know how Henson became the topic in an Austin Rivers thread?
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    He's so thin he can squeeze into tight places?

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    POTD!

resident comedian, RW. I think i've laughed outloud at more of your posts than anyone else's.

LOL!!!

But back to Austin Rivers!

Rodents

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    Henson has a cage full of violent gerbils in his dorm room.

Does anyone know when his next hsh dairy is coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by Welcome2DaSlopes View Post
    Does anyone know when his next hsh dairy is coming out?
    Came out today...http://www.highschoolhoop.com/recrui...visiting-duke/ ...its very Duke heavy, good sign

Quote Originally Posted by dcar1985 View Post
    Came out today...http://www.highschoolhoop.com/recrui...visiting-duke/ ...its very Duke heavy, good sign
    Thanks for posting.

I liked the part about how Austin wanted his AAU coach Therion Joseph to see and like Duke, too.

To be honest, Coach T.J. had only seen Florida and it’s been kind of annoying always having him in my ear saying “Gator this” and “Gator that.” So I wanted him to see Duke and see what they had to offer down there. Right after we left there he was in the Duke family! It was funny! He went from being a Gator to a Blue Devil in a matter of hours. He was just really impressed with how they operate and the atmosphere down there. He and my other AAU coaches are from rough areas here in Florida, and for them to see something so beautiful down there and get to see how much of a family they are down there was great for them. It made their day.

I like what he's saying, seems to be a lot about Duke. But then again he still is going to visit those other schools so we'll see

But, decision in August means we all have 4 more months of this!

I think the most telling is the 2nd to last paragraph (last sentence in particular).

Off the court I’ve just been chilling with my girlfriend and my family. It’s relaxing for me and it gets my mind off of basketball for a while. That’s necessary for me. My girlfriend is a freshman at a community college down here, but she’s gonna try and follow me to school. That’s the plan. So if I go to Duke she’s gonna go to a school down there.

Also, he didnt really mention Florida at all and the one time he did, the word "annoying" was in the same context.

wow honestly judging from that article i will be SHOCKED if we dont get him! i expected this journal entry to be pro duke but that was crazy! he talked about everything from trying to get his aau coaches to understand why he wants to go to duke, how he is buds with irving and even explained how his gf is going to follow him to duke if he commits (i like how he says duke not "which ever school i choose") and he also adds that he wants to go to a top team and as long as the plumlees, seth, dawkins and irving all come back we should be a top team in 2011 as well... hopefully he doesnt fall for roy williams' used car salesmen routine or suddenly fall in love with TX or KU and we will be GOOOOOOOD!

TX?? really?.
    Now they have a fine university, dont get me wrong. But they also have Rick Barnes. Somehow, unless the young man in question has Tx roots, I cant really convince myself they are a contender.

KU and UNC are a different story. Those will make me sweat until he signs.

Quote Originally Posted by wilko View Post
    TX?? really?.
    Now they have a fine university, dont get me wrong. But they also have Rick Barnes. Somehow, unless the young man in question has Tx roots, I cant really convince myself they are a contender.

I'm pretty sure Austin Rivers is NOT Canadian. He's not going to Texas.

If he doesn't go to Duke, I will think he was intentionally messing with Duke fans. That journal was absurdly pro-Duke.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisheery View Post
    If he doesn't go to Duke, I will think he was intentionally messing with Duke fans. That journal was absurdly pro-Duke.
    I agree but I think he is just being real. I doubt he is doing anything other than just speaking how he currently feels. It could always change for sure, but in this case I don't think it will.

Did you also notice the HSH Top 50 Rankings on that page? They now have Austin ranked Number 2 ahead of the Prince. Interesting. Kyrie was 5th. I still think Kyrie should be ranked ahead of Knight. I don't get what everyone sees in Knight. He is good but imo can't touch Irving. But that discussion is for another thread.

There was also an article linked on that page that indicates the folks at the dump on the hump are going hot and heavy after the Jack kid. Desperation setting in?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterRoddy View Post
    I'm pretty sure Austin Rivers is NOT Canadian. He's not going to Texas.
    Good point.

Hook 'em Horns, eh?

Good point.

Hook 'em Horns, eh?
    lol

Did you also notice the HSH Top 50 Rankings on that page? They now have Austin ranked Number 2 ahead of the Prince. Interesting. Kyrie was 5th. I still think Kyrie should be ranked ahead of Knight. I don't get what everyone sees in Knight. He is good but imo can't touch Irving. But that discussion is for another thread.
    I am pretty sure those rankings are out-dated. Every scouting service has realized that Knight is the 3rd best pg at best in this class with Irving and Selby being numbers 1 and 2 (respectively...except for Rivals..) Also, Brad Beal is ranked 42 (compared to Rivers' 2nd) Beal, imo, should be ranked no farther than 10 down from Rivers, their skills are very similar but I think Rivers is a little better. Long story short, Beal is NOT 42nd. Also, Enes Kanter is no where to be found in those rankings and he is obviously at least top 25. Not sure when they update their rankings but those are at least a few months old.

Quote Originally Posted by wilko View Post
    TX?? really?.

This story/posting, and others like it recently, certainly makes things look pretty good for the Royal Blue squad from Durham. We should feel pretty good about this one, though taking nothing for granted of course. Would love to see him have some positive influence on our recruitment of QM. Certainly wouldn't hurt that effort if, for example, we got a commitment from AR a few weeks before QM's decision... Hey, we can dream right?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterRoddy View Post
    lol

I am pretty sure those rankings are out-dated. Every scouting service has realized that Knight is the 3rd best pg at best in this class with Irving and Selby being numbers 1 and 2 (respectively...except for Rivals..) Also, Brad Beal is ranked 42 (compared to Rivers' 2nd) Beal, imo, should be ranked no farther than 10 down from Rivers, their skills are very similar but I think Rivers is a little better. Long story short, Beal is NOT 42nd. Also, Enes Kanter is no where to be found in those rankings and he is obviously at least top 25. Not sure when they update their rankings but those are at least a few months old.
    Actually they were updated just a week or two ago.

Quote Originally Posted by t-baller22 View Post
    Actually they were updated just a week or two ago.
    Really? Hm that's a surprise