Page 55 of 156 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 3105
    Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    Touche, airowe. That post wasn't meant to imply anything about any sort of knowledge I have (I have zero, just to be clear), just show that we shouldn't be panicking because there is no news. For example, remember the couple weeks between Kyrie's visit and his eventual commitment? Many of us were freaking out then, yet it all worked out in the end... despite the very little news coming out of his camp.
    I don't think anyone's panicking at this point; I just think many of us hunger for more tidbits about AR's recruitment. And I agree that no news at this point is good news for Duke.
    Last edited by Class of '94; 05-03-2010 at 04:37 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Doesn't appear to be hot topic on IC...perhaps they're realizing Austin may be headed to Duke?

Still some posts about who placed a phone call to whom---did Camp Rivers call UNC and establish contact, or did Ole Roy go fishing and call Camp Rivers first? And a few posts about ah, we're pretty well set at that position anyway, blah, blah, blah.

To the original title of this thread...there's not even much smoke over there about AR.
    Perhaps the thread should be renamed simply: Austin Rivers Recruiting Thread.?

Quote Originally Posted by DukeFreakShow View Post
    Perhaps the thread should be renamed simply: Austin Rivers Recruiting Thread.?
    or in keeping with the theme..

Austin Rivers no smoke and a few embers ..

Touche, airowe. That post wasn't meant to imply anything about any sort of knowledge I have (I have zero, just to be clear),
    Why do people feel the need to post and raise the noise level on the boards when they have nothing useful to say? If you have ZERO knowledge, then what are you really contributing?

Ask yourself a question before you post: Am I saying anything really useful here or am I posting just to post?

The best part of this is how even when there is no news, there is still an ongoing discussion... about the lack of things to discuss (yes I am aware of how I am perpetuating it). God I love my obsessions...

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    Why do people feel the need to post and raise the noise level on the boards when they have nothing useful to say? If you have ZERO knowledge, then what are you really contributing?

Ask yourself a question before you post: Am I saying anything really useful here or am I posting just to post?
    I post, therefore I am.

No thought involved.

Has Cal begun his recruitment of Rivers yet (if at all) or is he mainly focusing on Jones?

Also, do you guy's think Kentucky's recruitment and possible landing of Wroten will effect Kentucky's recruitment of Rivers

imo, Kentucky is our biggest competition for him. <-- Anybody that knows more than me that knows or thinks otherwise?

Has Cal begun his recruitment of Rivers yet (if at all) or is he mainly focusing on Jones?

Also, do you guy's think Kentucky's recruitment and possible landing of Wroten will effect Kentucky's recruitment of Rivers

imo, Kentucky is our biggest competition for him. <-- Anybody that knows more than me that knows or thinks otherwise?
    Based on Rivers' comments last fall, don't see Kentucky as being a player here.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...s-duke-florida

There had been talk that Kentucky might enter the Rivers' sweepstakes after hiring Coach John Calipari. Rivers said that won't happen.

"I'm not feeling Kentucky," Rivers said. "I have a really good feeling right now about Florida and Duke, but I just don't want to go to Kentucky. Nothing against them. Great program, great coach. It's just not for me."

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine

Last time I checked this wasn't an "insiders only" board or anything like that... it is a completely open, public board for Duke fans to express their opinions, hear from others, and get news when it becomes available. At least, that's what I thought when I joined... it seems more and more like unless you have 1000+ posts on this board you are going to get castigated for anything you say that goes beyond "I love Duke!" or "Duke is going to be great next year!"

Yes, I don't have any insider info on Rivers. I was just trying to articulate a story I had about my and my friends' personal reaction to the Rivers saga, and perhaps use that to allay the fears of some fellow members of the board that might lack the inside info others do. I was under the impression that this board was a place for people to do that. I guess I was mistaken.

For a school that gets lambasted for being too "elitist," this board really is doing much to eliminate that stereotype, at least in my few months on this board...
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Based on Rivers' comments last fall, don't see Kentucky as being a player here.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...s-duke-florida
    That's the most encouraging article I've seen but knowing Cal, you never know.

What about Kansas? (just trying to cover all possibilities)

That article is dated 2009...

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    I post, therefore I am.

No thought involved.
    Thanks for proving my point. IMO, this post would constitute needless posting...hopefully you're being sarcastic.

Needless Posting - For posts wholly without redeeming qualities that don't rise to a more serious infraction. Think before you post. Includes rampant stupidity.
    I find no redeeming qualities in that post.

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/...ead.php?t=3350

Last time I checked this wasn't an "insiders only" board or anything like that... it is a completely open, public board for Duke fans to express their opinions, hear from others, and get news when it becomes available. At least, that's what I thought when I joined... it seems more and more like unless you have 1000+ posts on this board you are going to get castigated for anything you say that goes beyond "I love Duke!" or "Duke is going to be great next year!"
    Actually saying those things is just as useless. 90% of folks on this board are not insiders at all. But when we do post, we try to make it intelligent and thoughtful and truly "add to the discussion." If the basis of your post is "I love duke," that definitely does nothing but add more noise to the board.

There are lots of new posters who come to this board and just clog of space with needless posting, and there are lots like say Airowe who have joined the community and made meaningful contributions (and unfortunately recruiting threads seem to be a breeding ground for the former).

Your post wasn't that bad really, I just can't stand to read "i don't have any info here, but here's what I think." How useless is that? Do you really think the hundreds of other DBR members care what you think when you readily admit to have zero knowledge? I'll put it this way, if I was in your shoes (and I kind of am, b/c I don't have any inside knowledge) I wouldn't be making those same posts.

Quote Originally Posted by billyj View Post
    That article is dated 2009...
    Well roywhite did say last fall...

Oh Cmon Rivers is going to go to dirty thug program with Teague,Lamb,Knight and possibly Wroten?

Give me a break. Austin might not go to Duke(I doubt it tho)
    But this kid isnt going to go to UK. Never.

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Thanks for proving my point. IMO, this post would constitute needless posting...hopefully you're being sarcastic.

I find no redeeming qualities in that post.

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/...ead.php?t=3350

Actually saying those things is just as useless. 90% of folks on this board are not insiders at all. But when we do post, we try to make it intelligent and thoughtful and truly "add to the discussion." If the basis of your post is "I love duke," that definitely does nothing but add more noise to the board.

There are lots of new posters who come to this board and just clog of space with needless posting, and there are lots like say Airowe who have joined the community and made meaningful contributions (and unfortunately recruiting threads seem to be a breeding ground for the former).

Your post wasn't that bad really, I just can't stand to read "i don't have any info here, but here's what I think." How useless is that? Do you really think the hundreds of other DBR members care what you think when you readily admit to have zero knowledge? I'll put it this way, if I was in your shoes (and I kind of am, b/c I don't have any inside knowledge) I wouldn't be making those same posts.
    You really don't understand what I'm saying, or was saying in the original post. People were freaking out about "Where's a new Austin Rivers article?" and "Why haven't we heard anything in a while?" I responded by mentioning that this may not be a bad thing, using myself and a friend who actually does have some inside info as a personal example. It wasn't a "here's what I think" post (I never said anything like, don't worry, Rivers is coming to Duke... I said I have friends who keep saying that as part of the story), just a post relating to the recent Rivers hysteria.

I just don't understand the indignation over one post that might've been "slightly" off-topic, admittedly... while I joined just a few months ago, I've been reading these boards for at least a year, and I've seen hundreds of posts that are MUCH worse than mine that merited zero reaction.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by Cockabeau View Post
    Oh Cmon Rivers is going to go to dirty thug program with Teague,Lamb,Knight and possibly Wroten?

Give me a break. Austin might not go to Duke(I doubt it tho)
    But this kid isnt going to go to UK. Never.
    I wouldnt call Kentucky a dirty program at all. It's one of the great college basketball programs. Just the coach.

I wonder if the relative lull right now is because the Celtics are still in the playoffs? Maybe just keeping it quiet right now to reduce possible distractions?

Wait, is my comment contributing?

I wouldnt call Kentucky a dirty program at all. It's one of the great college basketball programs. Just the coach.
    How many probation's have they been on?

Gently, please, folks. Boredom is ugly. It's ok to let a thread idle a week or two or even a month.

Life goes on. Patience is a virtue. Yada yada yada.

But sniping over a lack of news won't be tolerated.

-jk

"I wouldnt call Kentucky a dirty program at all. It's one of the great college basketball programs. Just the coach."

With all due respect, Kentucky has a pretty long and well-documented history of shady behavior.