Page 54 of 156 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 3105
    Any new interview?

Quote Originally Posted by Welcome2DaSlopes View Post
    Any new interview?
    What, since last Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    What, since last Saturday?
    I don't know, anything but what's being talked about right now.

Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Class of '94 View Post
    This has gotten waaaayyyyyy out of hand and off topic. Can we get back to speculating and passing on rumors about Austin that people have heard.
    I've heard some very good music in Austin

What exactly does "Austin Rivers, you're on the clock" mean...via TDD forums

Quote Originally Posted by Tappan Zee Devil View Post
    I've heard some very good music in Austin
    I should have seen that coming...

We should be careful with this thread, or this could happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXvU3cE8KO0

Quote Originally Posted by striker219 View Post
    We should be careful with this thread, or this could happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXvU3cE8KO0
    At first I thought this was HB commiting to Unc, but then I seen it was more funny business.

I want to read new information on Austin Rivers. Someone please post something. Rumors, speculation, anything to stop the tremors. I'm withdrawing people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, here you go....

Quote Originally Posted by papa whiskey View Post
    I want to read new information on Austin Rivers. Someone please post something. Rumors, speculation, anything to stop the tremors. I'm withdrawing people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Since you (along with myself as well) have asked for this, I'll take a stab at it in an effort to get this thread going again.

How this for speculation: Maybe the reason that there is not much out there about Austin Rivers is because all the rumors and innuedos about Austin giving a silent verbal to Duke is true; that way you wouldn't hear much because the team and everyone associated with the program is waiting for Austin to make it "public" when he is ready to.

I know this is a pretty bad attempt....But hey, I tried. Does anyone know what the IC board is currently saying about AR? I've made it a policy not to personally go to that site out of fear of losing my grip on reality.
    Last edited by Class of '94; 05-03-2010 at 10:55 AM. Reason: grammar

Maybe there's nothing to say because it's May 3
    Trinity '09

Quote Originally Posted by CrazieDUMB View Post
    Maybe there's nothing to say because it's May 3
    Yeah...But recruiting and recruiting news is a 24-7, 365 days per year job. Something recruiting related concerning AR has to be out there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Class of '94 View Post
    I know this is a pretty bad attempt....But hey, I tried. Does anyone know what the IC board is currently saying about AR? I've made it a policy not to personally go to that site out of fear of losing my grip on reality.
    Doesn't appear to be hot topic on IC...perhaps they're realizing Austin may be headed to Duke?

Still some posts about who placed a phone call to whom---did Camp Rivers call UNC and establish contact, or did Ole Roy go fishing and call Camp Rivers first? And a few posts about ah, we're pretty well set at that position anyway, blah, blah, blah.

To the original title of this thread...there's not even much smoke over there about AR.

metaphor madness

I drift in and out of this thread from time to time..
    So forgive me if I am being as thick as a brick...

I think the rodents bearing arms are cute and funny and all that. Very lovable militia rodents..

But really, what good is a silent verbal?

"I'll go with you to the prom, but don't tell anyone.."
    That would sound like someone still looking at options...

Now I *guess* of course, it could have some strategic implications in a larger chess game of where the recruits ultimately land. To bluff another program and leave some Coach out in the cold when the music stops...

It seems to me a bird in the hand, applies... Take the best option on the table.
    If I was going to the prom with one of the candidates for prom queen, I'd want everyone to know... I'd expect her to do like wise for the captain for the football team...

Seems the "bluff" is a very very difficult game to manage.

Quote Originally Posted by wilko View Post
    "I'll go with you to the prom, but don't tell anyone.."

Made me laugh ... Good analogy!!

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Guys, it seems as if there just is no news about Rivers... I have a friend who belongs to one of the premium sites who constantly assures me that it isn't a matter of if, but when, with Austin. Now you can take that as you will, since I haven't seen the info myself since i'm not a member of any premium sites, but I think that with the position we're in no news is good news.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

I heard some guy's sister's boyfriend's cousin on Rivals.com was at the Baskin Robbins and they said that Austin Rivers was soing to be a Blue Devil. They also said that Ferris Bueller was dying.

Yes, but

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    I heard some guy's sister's boyfriend's cousin on Rivals.com was at the Baskin Robbins and they said that Austin Rivers was soing to be a Blue Devil. They also said that Ferris Bueller was dying.
    Any violent gerbils?

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Any violent gerbils?
    Why do you think Ferris was dying?

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Touche, airowe. That post wasn't meant to imply anything about any sort of knowledge I have (I have zero, just to be clear), just show that we shouldn't be panicking because there is no news. For example, remember the couple weeks between Kyrie's visit and his eventual commitment? Many of us were freaking out then, yet it all worked out in the end... despite the very little news coming out of his camp.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!