Page 52 of 156 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 3105
    Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    But just what kind of rumors are we speaking of here?
    Good - decision within a month, etc, even whispers of the mythical

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post

That's no ordinary gerbil!

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by Welcome2DaSlopes View Post
    Great Rumors, talks of him already commiting. But you should read for yourself, because I really don't want to speculate.
    Cool. Great rumors they are then. No need to look for myself. I am good with your take on it. We will know one way or the other soon enough anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post

That's awesome. Fear the Gerbil!

Man, this thread got off track in a hurry. Anyone got actual Austin Rivers news? If not, then I'm going to start posting more fuzzy creatures with toy weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by AisanderD View Post
    Man, this thread got off track in a hurry. Anyone got actual Austin Rivers news? If not, then I'm going to start posting more fuzzy creatures with toy weapons.
    For those that may find this reference puzzling, it's kind of an inside recruit-nik joke reference.

Silent verbal = violent gerbil

"Silent verbal" meaning that a recruit in question has made a commitment to a particular University but the news has not been made public yet.

There's not going to *be* any Austin Rivers news until he announces his decision. Until then, all that we'll see are people hinting at rumors that he's given a silent verbal commitment to Duke by posting pictures of "violent gerbils."

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    For those that may find this reference puzzling, it's kind of an inside recruit-nik joke reference.

Silent verbal = violent gerbil

"Silent verbal" meaning that a recruit in question has made a commitment to a particular University but the news has not been made public yet.
    Is there any relation between violent gerbils and closing the doors of Barnes'?

Bloody metaphors...

-jk

I hope this news is true, according to HighSchool Hoops he's the second best player in ALL of High school, even better than kyrie, Josh shelby, Harrison, and many others.

Violent gerbils originated in the hinterlands of internet message boards in the early 2000s, but have since migrated across the web. They're known for invoking unwarranted anxiety in some, and hope in others. They're very dangerous in that they multiply quickly, and can only be killed by...judicial gerbils.

So as you now see, the thread did not get off track at all. Every one of those posts were about the recruitment of Rivers, just not in a normal way.

Reading the tea leaves is a tricky thing indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    Violent gerbils originated in the hinterlands of internet message boards in the early 2000s, but have since migrated across the web. They're known for invoking unwarranted anxiety in some, and hope in others. They're very dangerous in that they multiply quickly, and can only be killed by...judicial gerbils.
    What are their primary strengths and weaknesses?

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    So as you now see, the thread did not get off track at all. Every one of those posts were about the recruitment of Rivers, just not in a normal way.

Reading the tea leaves is a tricky thing indeed!
    You spoke to soon, hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Gewebe14 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gewebe14 View Post
    It is hard to measure a violent gerbil's strengths, but it is usually done so in cinder blocks. There is still ongoing discussion as to whether the "space" between the blocks should be factored in and I'm sure a consensus will be reached at some point in 2011.

As for weaknesses, there is really only one. Like Kyle Singler's dreams, they can not be proven or disproven to actually exist. Singler's dreams because there is no consensus that he actually sleeps and violent gerbils because it is hard to prove a silent verbal.

Can you prove an invisible sight? I didn't think so.

How about an inaudible sound? Impossible.

The ever elusive violent gerbil may or may not exist. But that is up to the believer.

the dimensional analysis for the gerbil is:

furlongs/fortnight

Violent Gerbil sounds like something akin to Big Foot. Does he exist? Perhaps yes, perhaps no...

You know, if Austin drops in and reads this _ _ _ _ ...

Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    It is hard to measure a violent gerbil's strengths, but it is usually done so in cinder blocks. There is still ongoing discussion as to whether the "space" between the blocks should be factored in and I'm sure a consensus will be reached at some point in 2011.

As for weaknesses, there is really only one. Like Kyle Singler's dreams, they can not be proven or disproven to actually exist. Singler's dreams because there is no consensus that he actually sleeps and violent gerbils because it is hard to prove a silent verbal.

The ever elusive violent gerbil may or may not exist. But that is up to the believer.
    I always wondered when the Internet would peak, and there it is. I'm just glad I could be here for it.

Genius.

Good points Airowe, but I would like to see that picture of the gerbil in front of a cinder block wall to gauge his err... "wing span" (or should it be paw span?). I am guessing that the violent gerbil in that picture has a paw span of about 4 inches. I measured a couple of palms today (well actually just my palm, but I did it several times, but let's not get to caught up on proper study design here) and the average width is just over 3.85". So, that would put violent gerbil in the 4 inch range which is probably a little too short for him to compete at a DI school...

HOWEVER!! Cinder blocks should never be used to measure gerbil strength!!

I tested a method of measuring gerbil strength using a cinder block, and the results were disastrous and quit haunting. I suggest that perhaps we should use some other wall building material such as Lego's in testing the strength of violent gerbils in the future.

p.s. There will be a memorial for my gerbil "Mr. Greer" this weekend. The family is requesting donations to the GFW "Gerbils of Foreign Wars" be made in lieu of flowers. Thanks.