Page 51 of 156 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 3105
    has rivers said when he plans to make his decision?

End of summer, but some say he may in the next couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Welcome2DaSlopes View Post
    Reading that, it seemed a little confusing but as long as we are still the favorite that's cool.
    HEY, how about the "fact" that he didn't mention UNC... I mean if we are looking for signs, let's not overlook this one!!

Honestly, this is interesting stuff to speculate on, but I hope most people take all this with a grain of salt...

Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Spice View Post
    With Tony Wroten Jr. leaning towards going to UK and Dorron Lamb looking like a guy who will stay more then 1 year at UK, I doubt they have room to get Rivers, Teague, Wroten and Lamb the minutes they all deserve so I don't think UK has a legit chance at Rivers.
    I don't understand this logic at all. I've seen several people post how he won't go to this school or that school because there will be too many guards. Are you forgetting that Duke will have Curry, Dawkins, Gbinije, Thornton and hopefully Irving when Rivers would show up on campus? Duke is as stacked in the backcourt as anyone else recruiting Rivers and I'm willing to bet that Rivers isn't too worried about minutes wherever he decides to go. He may not necessarily start but he is too good to keep of the court.

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    I don't understand this logic at all. I've seen several people post how he won't go to this school or that school because there will be too many guards. Are you forgetting that Duke will have Curry, Dawkins, Gbinije, Thornton and hopefully Irving when Rivers would show up on campus? Duke is as stacked in the backcourt as anyone else recruiting Rivers and I'm willing to bet that Rivers isn't too worried about minutes wherever he decides to go. He may not necessarily start but he is too good to keep of the court.
    I agree with this, except for the "not necessarily start" part. He will start wherever he ends up.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    but I hope most people take all this with a grain of salt...
    How 'bout a few teaspoons.

That was about the least reliable thing I've read relating to Rivers, and there's been some nonsense out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    I agree with this, except for the "not necessarily start" part. He will start wherever he ends up.
    I definitely agree with this statement. He is too good to not start wherever he goes.

Thinking of 2011-2012: If Ky goes pro after his rook season (hopefully not!), then Curry can start at PG with Rivers at the two and Dawkins at the three. But if Ky stays it will be a little more jam-packed in the backcourt with Irving, Curry, Rivers, Dawkins and Gbinije and Thornton. PG: Irving, SG: Rivers, SG: Dawkins/Curry/Gbinije. Thats a lot of firepower.

Wishful thinking that Rivers becomes a Dukie!

Come on I don't think Thornton is going to worry someone of Rivers caliber. As well Gbinije is Forward and not a guard. As well Irving could very well be a one and done. but I have heard that we are going to have a new walk on guard next year that might sway River's decision.

Quote Originally Posted by clg003 View Post
    Come on I don't think Thornton is going to worry someone of Rivers caliber. As well Gbinije is Forward and not a guard. As well Irving could very well be a one and done. but I have heard that we are going to have a new walk on guard next year that might sway River's decision.
    What's that last comment about?

I don't see where a walk-on guard would have an effect on Rivers' decison.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    What's that last comment about?

I don't see where a walk-on guard would have an effect on Rivers' decison.
    He was joking Roy. He was taking the old Rivers-might-be-concerned-about-playing-time-because-team-X-has-a-loaded-backcourt argument and stretching it to absurdity, hoping to refute the argument once and for all, while also achieving a comic effect.

He could probably have done it better, but I agree with his sentiment.

What roywhite said.

I don't get how a walk on affects AR decision.

Just saw Kedsy response.

Please disregard.

He was joking Roy. He was taking the old Rivers-might-be-concerned-about-playing-time-because-team-X-has-a-loaded-backcourt argument and stretching it to absurdity, hoping to refute the argument once and for all, while also achieving a comic effect.

He could probably have done it better, but I agree with his sentiment.
    Yeah, that makes sense. With some of the newer posters, I'm not able to separate sarcasm from wild speculation.

I hope Austin annouces soon. I don't know if my limited emotional capacity can bear another Harrison Barnes-like minute-by-minute reading of tea leaves.

Oh, and Austin: We love your game and want you badly.

Quote Originally Posted by CEF1959 View Post
    I hope Austin annouces soon. I don't know if my limited emotional capacity can bear another Harrison Barnes-like minute-by-minute reading of tea leaves.
    You can always avoid drinking tea and not read this thread Oh wait, that must be pretty hard to do when it's in bold cause there's a new post...

Quote Originally Posted by CEF1959 View Post

Oh, and Austin: We love your game and want you badly.

Hey now, that's taking this recruiting thing a bit too far

I agree though, I hope he announces sooner than later. I have been doing a decent job myself with staying away from recruiting unlike previously HB and KI. Feels like crunch time though with him so hopefully we hear some good rumblings in the coming summer.

There are a lot of rumors going on around the TDD board.

For the most part I agree that Rivers should start where ever he signs but I am going to with hold final judgment until I see Curry play next season. There are reports that he is as good as his brother (or possibly better) and if they prove to be true, he might be able to force Rivers to come off the bench. Maybe a long shot but I want to see Curry play first.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by Welcome2DaSlopes View Post
    There are a lot of rumors going on around the TDD board.
    Good rumors? Bad rumors? Inbetween rumors?

Care to elaborate a little?

Not that rumors are allowed around here, cause clearly they are not!

But just what kind of rumors are we speaking of here?

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    Good rumors? Bad rumors? Inbetween rumors?

Care to elaborate a little?

Not that rumors are allowed around here, cause clearly they are not!

But just what kind of rumors are we speaking of here?
    Great Rumors, talks of him already commiting. But you should read for yourself, because I really don't want to speculate.