Page 48 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    More importantly -- Dev11, let's get some more details here... I'm hunting for clues. Was Rivers wearing a Duke shirt? Was he in between Nate and Wojo -- or on the right? The left? And at the banquet last night, did Rivers' suit have pinstripes? Was he being silent? Or verbal?
    I'm in agreement. Can Dev11 or anyone else that was on campus today or at last night's banquet give us more details/insight on their observations of Austin while he was on campus?

since the subject of conversation is almost as much about vasherized credibility as much as rivers recruitment he did claim cory joseph was a texas lean almost a month ago...

http://marchtomarch.fantake.com/2010...h-aau-tidbits/

dunno if that was common knowledge but i hadnt seen anything about tx being his leader anywhere else...

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlueNV View Post
    since the subject of conversation is almost as much about vasherized credibility as much as rivers recruitment he did claim cory joseph was a texas lean almost a month ago...

dunno if that was common knowledge but i hadnt seen anything about tx being his leader anywhere else...
    I know that his Findlay Prep buddy Tristan Thompson has been trying to talk him into joining him at UT:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ory?id=5117543

He will most likely go if Avery Bradley stays in the draft.

http://twitter.com/CopyKatzESPN

he just committed a lil while ago

Quote Originally Posted by Welcome2DaSlopes View Post
    He will most likely go if Avery Bradley stays in the draft.
    Joseph already committed to Texas.

Regardless...

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlueNV View Post

...the ruffled feathers here were not really a result of Vash appearing to be good at speculating where recruits would end up. The ruffled feathers came from the way that Vash hinted at having inside information regarding RIVERS specifically...but without coming out and actually saying as much. If he really has an "in" with the Rivers family (as he's now implied), then it's irrelevant how good or bad he is at deducing where other recruits end up. So we can go on all day pointing out how he got it right with Joseph or wrong with Lamb, but either way it doesn't really cut to the heart of the issue--the inside info he actually has on Rivers.

Obviously, if Vash is getting inside information, then I understand why he is hesitant to provide specifics, name sources, or even reveal his own name.

I don't see the need for a continued referendum on his credibility in the abstract unless there's something pertinent to the Rivers recruitment...

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Joseph already committed to Texas.
    oooppps well there you go. haha

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    More importantly -- Dev11, let's get some more details here... I'm hunting for clues. Was Rivers wearing a Duke shirt? Was he in between Nate and Wojo -- or on the right? The left? And at the banquet last night, did Rivers' suit have pinstripes? Was he being silent? Or verbal?
    Sorry, I realize my post was actually just an invitation to beg for more fun, overblown details, which of course we love .

Unfortunately, I didn't seem him personally, I just got a text from my roommate who saw him. According to the secondhand report, conducted about 5 hours after the text alert, my roommate says Austin was wearing athletic clothing, cool headphones around his neck, and nothing with an obvious Duke logo on it. He was spotted crossing Towerview going from Cameron to Main West talking to Dr. Badass, and Collins MIGHT have been with them (my roommate apparently doesn't stare when he walks by a big time recruit on campus, not sure what's wrong with him, I obviously would have).

Cue preposterous conclusions...

(By the way, I actually love the preposterous conclusions, so I'm glad to be feeding them )

so much

g u l l i b i l i t y

Quote Originally Posted by WiJoe View Post
    so much

g u l l i b i l i t y

Why is it being gullible to give someone the benefit of the doubt until they show or prove that he or she is not credible?....Now we know not to give Dev11 the benefit of the doubt....
    Last edited by Class of '94; 04-23-2010 at 06:47 PM. Reason: misspelling

Quote Originally Posted by Class of '94 View Post
    Why is it being gullible to give someone the benefit of the doubt until they show or prove that he or she is not credible?....Now we know not to give Dev11 the benefit of the doubt....
    Not "Dev11". That info is fine, fwiw. I'm referring to "vash". How about your REAL name, along with an address and phone number? I know, "WiJoe"? What's up with that? I'm not throwing stuff against the wall, hoping it sticks.

Let the guy have a chance to be wrong before assuming he is. Or right. Y'all are so worried about not being led astray that you're pushing people away that may be right.

There's a reason there are more questions than answers on this site regarding recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Let the guy have a chance to be wrong before assuming he is. Or right. Y'all are so worried about not being led astray that you're pushing people away that may be right.

There's a reason there are more questions than answers on this site regarding recruiting.
    For me, a lot of the angst is because of "he who shall not be named" hangover. And that aint going away until he does.

Why???

Guys,

Why are some of you focused so much on Vasherized and his credibility? He gave his thoughts and we'll see if Vash is right once Austin officially commits. Let's move on. No one should be taking any of this seriously until a recruit officially commits because anything can happen, as has been said many times before. And FWIW, Vashierized was right about most of the recruits that were discussed in that article (except for Selby).

Give Vasherized a break and let's get back to focusing on Austin.

Lisa Salters just interviewed Doc Rivers after the 1st quarter of the game. Not one question about his son and what college he's going to. SMH.

has anyone seen anything about rivers stopping by UNC on his way out of town? if not i'd say thats a good sign of there not being much intrest in them... i mean he comes up all the way from florida and doesnt even stop by campus when he's ten mins away? i honestly expected him to at least stop by and talk with roy or whatever. got a friend at work who follows unc recruiting closely and says he hasnt heard anything either...

Dunno about this trip, but in one of his online entries, he mentioned stopping by UNC when he comes to Duke in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by duke=legacy View Post
    Dunno about this trip, but in one of his online entries, he mentioned stopping by UNC when he comes to Duke in the summer.
    still think its strange he didnt stop by seeing how he was a few mins away... i mean if it was a school he was seriously considering... its not like he lives in charlotte or something and can just drop by whenever.

Quote Originally Posted by muzikfrk75 View Post
    Lisa Salters just interviewed Doc Rivers after the 1st quarter of the game. Not one question about his son and what college he's going to. SMH.
    Sorry but I just laughed my head off at this. Austin is crazy large in our world but not quite that one just yet...