Page 15 of 156 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Actually, that's assuming quite a lot. In addition to Miller and the youngest Plumlee, we don't yet have Felix, we don't yet have N'Diaye (I don't even think he's gotten an official offer), and we don't have Rivers (who is still committed to UF). And we don't know for certain that all of the players we currently have will still be there in 2011 (it is conceivable that Mason and Irving could be good enough to go very early).

It's a nice picture, but a lot of dominoes would still have to fall our way.
    We have extended an offer to Felix. Here is the link: http://www.magicvalley.com/sports/lo...87d5c026c.html

There has been also some evidence that he will accect this offer. He has shown overwhelming support for Duke with being fans of the Devils Den and being a member " Quincy Miller come to Duke"... I would be surprised if he went elsewhere.

Aziz N'Diaye has been offered an official visit to Duke. The chance of him coming to Duke I believe are slimmer because he is visiting more schools, and other high profile schools such as OU who has pursued harder then we have. I was just pointing out the best possible thing that could happen.

Austin Rivers I think we got a HUGE chance at. Just take a look at the fact that he is allowing Duke to recruit him and with the position that the Florida program is in right on, I think we have a more then good chance to get him.

Just take a look at his qoute from the UNC-Duke Game:

AUSTIN RIVERS, Winter Park (Fla.) 2011, PG/SG, being recruited by Duke: “Duke! Just because they’re my team and they play harder! They just want it every game and they have better guards. I say it will be 76-65, Duke.”
    That's some awfully high praise for someone who is commited to Florida.

As far as Mason and Kyrie, I wouldn't be surprised at all if you are right. Kyrie looks outstanding as a prospect, and could be one of the more dynamic players to play for us in the past 10 years. Mason I'm not sure about...Even if he does have a great year next season, I think he will stick around another season to make sure he is fully ready to enter the draft. We just don't know yet about Mason.

I was trying to paint the best possible picture here and what I THINK could happen, not what I think will happen.

We shall see when things get closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy-own View Post
    There are too many variables involved here. First and foremost, does Irving go pro? And do we get Quinn Cook class of 2011 to replace him? If so, replace Irving with Cook. If we don't get Cook, maybe Seth Curry runs the point? Also, the odds of us landing both Rivers and Miller are pretty low. I feel optimistic on both, but I was optimistic on Prince Harry too, and look how that turned out. Lastly, Mason may go pro before that year, though I hope he doesn't. The only thing I feel truly confident about is landing Felix. I don't think he's going to turn us down for ASU.

Plus, do we really need 3 superstars of Irving, Rivers and Curry in the backcourt? I would almost call that too crowded. As a Duke fan I would love it, but it's a long shot.

EDIT: And where is Kelly in that equation? Ryan Kelly will be a very, very good player for Duke. He is a multitalented big man, with excellent shooting and passing. His on court intelligence is superb. He is definitely a Coach K type player.

I'm sorry, I accidently left him out. He should be in the PF rotation along with Hairston, Miller (if he comes) and Miles. Sorry bout that.

Please note-- a number of posts about Rivers have been added to this thread that were in the Felix thread. Similarly, a number of posts in this thread that dealt exclusively with Felix have been moved to that thread.

--Jason "mod much?" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I hope austin decides that duke is a better fit for him. I bet his dad thinks it is...

I am guessing he is looking at Flordia saying: Why the hell would I go to school that is going to their 3rd straight NIT?

Quote Originally Posted by Morris614 View Post
    I am guessing he is looking at Flordia saying: Why the hell would I go to school that is going to their 3rd straight NIT?
    Or he could be thinking, I could be a hero and bring them back to the glory days. You never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Or he could be thinking, I could be a hero and bring them back to the glory days. You never know.
    or... he could be looking at the UF CoEds and thinking... well you can probably guess what he'd be thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    or... he could be looking at the UF CoEds and thinking... well you can probably guess what he'd be thinking...
    Our he could be looking at some Duke CoEds thinking... "I can marry more in 5 min. than I can make in a lifetime"

So with another win, UF moves closer to making it to the tourney.

How do you think UF making the tourney will affect Rivers' decision?

Quote Originally Posted by duke=legacy View Post

I'm pretty sure no one here knows the answer to that.

Quote Originally Posted by wilko View Post
    Our he could be looking at some Duke CoEds thinking... "I can marry more in 5 min. than I can make in a lifetime"
    I don't get it.

Why would it affect it at all?

Rivers has 11 in victory

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Why would it affect it at all?
    I would think he'd want to go to a school with an opportunity to become a national champ, not one that went to NIT three years in a row. I could be wrong.

I would think he'd want to go to a school with an opportunity to become a national champ, not one that went to NIT three years in a row. I could be wrong.
    Well, I believe the great players think they are the missing ingredient that will turn an NIT team into a national contender. What they did before he got there is considered irrelevant.

Kenny Boyton chose Florida instead of Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Duke Fan View Post
    Kenny Boyton chose Florida instead of Duke.
    Thanks for the update.

"Kenny Boyton chose Florida instead of Duke. "

and how is that working out for him?