Page 144 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,880 of 3105
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    Here's the diary link. Reading it now.

http://www.highschoolhoop.com/recrui...ating-florida/
    Seven glasses of lemonade? Must have been some spicy ribs...

Great diary...

How could you not like his diary posting? Regardless of any sour grapes you might have about him "wanting" attention (no one said that about MJ's kids when they were dragging out their recruitments with their good but average talent) - the kid is giving us another great look at the process of battling on Tobacco Road.

Some things I particularly liked - he talks about fitting in and running UNC/Kansas' system but when he switches to Duke he uses the word "vision". That's a whole other level of "what if?" right there.

Coach K pulling out the USA ring and Rivers making note of it. That's pretty cool. Let this be the end to any of that "Olympics hurt recruiting" talk.

Kyrie was recruited by his teammates, think he'll do the same? Hmmmmm...

He's already showing shades of K. His shout out to and endorsement of Florida is a great way to not only keep his name in good standing but to also shine a little light on Florida. Good politics (something I know Stray and Mullet appreciate). (NOT similiar to HB in that aspect - that's why he said kinda - and he's probably going to the OTHER school..).

Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    Here's the diary link. Reading it now.

http://www.highschoolhoop.com/recrui...ating-florida/
    I can't help but be positive about this. UNC and Kansas had the same pitch? Did anyone see that episode of Entourage where Vince fires Ari and goes to a variety of agencies and they all pitch the same presentation? That reminds me of this. Amazing...

That said, I've promised myself never to be optimistic about a recruit (cynical, I know) after a certain situation 10 months ago (that was like that first girlfriend you had in high school who you confessed your love to and then broke up with you the next day for the starting PG)
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

TheRecruitScoop Austin Rivers tells Rivals.com that, "The other schools are playing catch up to Duke."
    about 1 hour ago via web
    Retweeted by crazietalker and 3 others
    Reply Retweet

I think this has been mentioned and discussed but it is still good to hear. I would rather be the leader and have other schools playing catch up.

You know what I find most encouraging?

No word from Kong or any word of optimism from IC since the in-home with Coach K.

That "rumor" about Doc favoring carolina turns out to be Doc insisting that Austin go through the process and at least listen to other schools. Note that Florida dropped off the list - a school that Austin had already fully heard from.

Should we send out a missing person's report on Kong?

Playing Catch Up

Quote Originally Posted by sdotbarbee View Post
    TheRecruitScoop Austin Rivers tells Rivals.com that, "The other schools are playing catch up to Duke."
    Knowing that we are the leader is a good thing. But knowing that whatever experiences AR has on campus in Chapel Hill or Lawrence will be measured next to Cameron Indoor at it's finest, while raising a championship banner, is what is really encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post

No word from Kong or any word of optimism from IC since the in-home with Coach K.

That "rumor" about Doc favoring carolina turns out to be Doc insisting that Austin go through the process and at least listen to other schools. Note that Florida dropped off the list - a school that Austin had already fully heard from.

Last time I checked (yesterday), he was "on holiday."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I bet he's not. He'll throw you out of his yard.
    Or under the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlestonDevil View Post
    Knowing that we are the leader is a good thing. But knowing that whatever experiences AR has on campus in Chapel Hill or Lawrence will be measured next to Cameron Indoor at it's finest, while raising a championship banner, is what is really encouraging.
    Yeah it is hard for me to believe that chapel hell or Lawrence could even remotely compare to what AR will experience in Durham. With us in the lead going into his visits, and him seeing our banner getting raised and the way he talked about wanting an NCAA championship looks very promising for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    A streak of what, two?

I'm sure Roy Williams and Mike Krzyzewski will be fine regardless of where Austin Rivers decides to spend his year of college.
    Pretty sure it's a streak of one, unless Leslie McDonald committed to unc after Ryan Kelly did to Duke.

Folks,

It is not easy to venture into the lion's den and stand toe-to-toe with the lion. Plenty of ya'll complained and sent notes to the mods when Kong was posting a few days ago. It is bad form for you to now be eager for him to come back so you can taunt him a bit.

Carolina fans -- as well as fans of any other school -- are welcome here and should be treated with respect. I am sure that when Kong's "vacation" ends, he will come back and chime in. I doubt he is very surprised by the Rivers comments though. Most Carolina fans feel that Rivers is a longshot and that getting him from Duke will be a big mountain to climb.

-Jason "gloating does not suit us well-- especially not before the kid has actually committed anywhere" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Folks,

It is not easy to venture into the lion's den and stand toe-to-toe with the lion. Plenty of ya'll complained and sent notes to the mods when Kong was posting a few days ago. It is bad form for you to now be eager for him to come back so you can taunt him a bit.

Carolina fans -- as well as fans of any other school -- are welcome here and should be treated with respect. I am sure that when Kong's "vacation" ends, he will come back and chime in. I doubt he is very surprised by the Rivers comments though. Most Carolina fans feel that Rivers is a longshot and that getting him from Duke will be a big mountain to climb.

-Jason "gloating does not suit us well-- especially not before the kid has actually committed anywhere" Evans
    I actually did want to hear from Kong regarding the mood of the IC premium board. He seemed to me to be the kind that if he was going to dish it out he was going to be willing to take some. He hasn't earned the level of respect we accord Wheat, but this was a chance for him. He had posted regarding the optimism on the IC board after ol' roy's visit, I thought he would be able to fill us in now.

I don't have the patience or tolerance to check out IC myself.

Turtleboy
    Cache.

Cachet.
    Touchet

French sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorns View Post
    If UNC loses out on Austin, we'll just hear the broken record: Austin was a luxury recruit... UNC was obviously very late in the game and playing catch-up so it's not a fair assessment of Roy's recruiting ability head-to-head... Doc and K are good friends already so in this particular case there's a preset bias... etc.
    Pardon me for saying this but why would any of us give a damn what any Carolina fan thinks?

Quote Originally Posted by duke09hms View Post
    Honestly people, next to none of the things these kids write is authentic. They most likely have a decision already made up and are just milking the process for all the attention it's worth. Why?

More like why not? I too would love the attention and would hate for it to end. These kids are way too media-savvy and know how to play the game too well that it's very unlikely they'd actually put their real thoughts and feelings out there.

For example, in Austin Rivers' latest diary post, he hardly says anything of substance, just taking the fanbases of arguably the 3 strongest basketball programs along for the ride.

Recruiting is fun and fun to follow, but let's try to realize nothing is in the bag until our guy actually commits.
    You know, I'm sure some of these guys do that, but can we please stop with the generalization here? The custom of in-home visits and then taking multiple official visits developed for a reason; guys are making a big decision and could very easily change their minds.

It's possible Austin has already completely made up his mind. It's also possible that he's got a strong lean somewhere, but could be persuaded otherwise. Lets not assume that this whole process however is simply Austin grabbing for attention.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Note that he made his favorite dinner for the Kansas visit. What message is he sending with that lasagna???

Quote Originally Posted by delfrio View Post
    Note that he made his favorite dinner for the Kansas visit. What message is he sending with that lasagna???
    Limp noodles???
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 09-23-2010 at 11:32 AM. Reason: profanity removed

Roy is a double-dipper.

It's over, it's been over. Just gotta wait.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post

Nah, I'm right here. Just got banned for a few days.

Its like I have said all along, UNC is still trailing Duke big time, but it is more open than previously thought. i can say that i heard that AR called one of the UNC players after Coach K left and AR confirmed it in his blog.
    Last edited by -jk; 09-23-2010 at 11:51 AM. Reason: clarity