Page 114 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 3105
    So very true. Yes, there are great insiders with great info, but just because the staff hears something ultra positive now doesn't mean that there won't be a change. So many people on the various boards have a religious fervor concerning what the sources say. "Mr. X says Austin is ours!"....so it must be true now and forever more.

Kids can change their minds, and stuff happens, so we'll just have to remain cautiously optimistic about Mr. Rivers final destination.

Just a Little DVR Alert

In addition to tomorrow at 7pm, you can also see a replay of Austin Rivers in the City of Palms Classic at 6am tomorrow. Set your DVRs folks.

Coach Collins and Nate James will be in attendance tonight via Twitter:

Nate James and Coach Collins in attendance @AustinRivers25's game this AM. Think they'll be there tonight for the 7 PM Showdown w/ Gbinije?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Osiagledknarf View Post
    Coach Collins and Nate James will be in attendance tonight via Twitter:
    I don't know the labels for twitterees, tweets, twits, or twitteroos, but if you are going to quote them, you should probably acknowledge who you are quoting as opposed to saying Twitter. That would be kind of like quoting someone and assigning credit to books, or the internet, wouldn't it?
    Edit: I guess I should have actually thanked you for the information first. So sorry about that. Thanks for posting and keeping me (and I'm sure others) up to date.
    Last edited by NSDukeFan; 07-26-2010 at 02:59 PM. Reason: addition
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Zagsblog has a story up on Austin's team winning the finals of the most recent tournament, in Orlando I think, and he states that he is considering 5 schools, not just the 3 everyone seems to have been assuming he had narrowed down to. Now he also includes Kentucky and Kansas, along with Duke, UNC, and UF. Quote is “Those are five schools I’m really interested in looking at.”

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/07/27/r...nt/#more-37372

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Zagsblog has a story up on Austin's team winning the finals of the most recent tournament, in Orlando I think, and he states that he is considering 5 schools, not just the 3 everyone seems to have been assuming he had narrowed down to. Now he also includes Kentucky and Kansas, along with Duke, UNC, and UF. Quote is “Those are five schools I’m really interested in looking at.”

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/07/27/r...nt/#more-37372
    This really isn't big news. He has already stated that Duke, UNC, and Florida are the schools he is really considering with Kansas and UK being schools he would let recruit him.

Nothing new.

Roy had his staff at the championship game. I know Collins and Nate James were at his previous games but when they skimmed the crowd I did not see Duke staff at the championship game. I did not watch the entire game but was Duke at this game? Donavan was there also but some of that is because of Bradley Beal. I am sure he still does not feel that confident in that verbal.
    The Terrapin Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedevil114 View Post
    Roy had his staff at the championship game. I know Collins and Nate James were at his previous games but when they skimmed the crowd I did not see Duke staff at the championship game. I did not watch the entire game but was Duke at this game? Donavan was there also but some of that is because of Bradley Beal. I am sure he still does not feel that confident in that verbal.
    I'm pretty sure that I saw Collins sitting by Grant Hill.

I think Roy was sitting with some kansas friends...

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    I think Roy was sitting with some kansas friends...
    He was also sitting beside Grant Hill (wearing a Duke polo). You can really tell that Duke is putting the full court press on Rivers, and I like it. In the past 2 days K, International Nate, Collins, Grant Hill, and Redick were all there to watch Rivers play.

And specifically having JJ there I thinnk was a great move. Could you have a better example of Coach K giving a big time scoring/shooting guard free reign in the Duke offense?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlestonDevil View Post
    He was also sitting beside Grant Hill (wearing a Duke polo). You can really tell that Duke is putting the full court press on Rivers, and I like it. In the past 2 days K, International Nate, Collins, Grant Hill, and Redick were all there to watch Rivers play.

Hold up....Is the "He" you're referring to Collins or Roy? If it was Roy, that would have ben an interesting sight to see.
    Last edited by -jk; 07-28-2010 at 12:03 PM. Reason: fix quote tag

Yes, I also noticed the shot of Collins and GHill last night and thought to myself how impressive it would be to have Grant Hill recruiting you in a Duke polo.

I liked that Austin's little brother got some garbage minutes at the end, he's a rising freshman?
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    Yes, I also noticed the shot of Collins and GHill last night and thought to myself how impressive it would be to have Grant Hill recruiting you in a Duke polo.
    Probably not as cool as having michael jordan recruit you...a la HB
    April 1

No it was definitely Roy siiting next to Grant. Couldn't believe what I was seeing. Although I don't think Grant sat there the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlestonDevil View Post
    No it was definitely Roy siiting next to Grant. Couldn't believe what I was seeing. Although I don't think Grant sat there the whole time.
    He was saying, "That was one amazing catch and dunk you threw down on my squad the first Monday in April, 1991".

In all seriousness, I don't think this is so shocking. It has often been written that the rivalry is more about the fans then anyone else. While the coaches and players can get crazy in the heat of the moment (e.g. Heyman punching McGuire in the joint, Andre Dawkins vs DOH!), I think they are friendly to each other most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    He was saying, "That was one amazing catch and dunk you threw down on my squad the first Monday in April, 1991".

In all seriousness, I don't think this is so shocking. It has often been written that the rivalry is more about the fans then anyone else. While the coaches and players can get crazy in the heat of the moment (e.g. Heyman punching McGuire in the joint, Andre Dawkins vs DOH!), I think they are friendly to each other most of the time.
    I think you mean Buckner. And that was awesome!
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Huge alley-oop dunk from AR on Sportscenter's Top 10 this morning. I think it was number 3.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post

I liked that Austin's little brother got some garbage minutes at the end, he's a rising freshman?

Yeah, introduced him as a rising freshman, a 5'8" PG.

Looks a lot like Austin. Interesting to see how he grows and develops.

Someone earlier said they saw ol'roy sitting with some ku friends. Was that him wearing the Jay Hawk Tee in the background on sports center?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post

You know I might agree with that, but I remember when the Magic were playing the Bobcats in the playoffs and J.J. air balled a three. The camera happened to shift to ol Roy he was smiling and motioning to Jordan who was also smiling. Then the crowd went crazy do to the air ball. So I am not sure that there is not some healthy animosity toward each other.