Page 104 of 156 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 3105
    Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    From Wayne Gooch, who's down in Augista watching Austin play in the Peach Jam:

Bluedevilsreign Austin Rivers is going off he has 24 early in the 2nd half. Roy Williams or no one in the gym for unc. Nuff said. 16 minutes ago
    Okay so why did this news cause me to do the chicken dance with a Tootsie Roll lillipop in my mouth???

PLEASEEE tell me WE had someone down there?

Quote Originally Posted by sdotbarbee View Post
    I gave you facts you just didn't want to believe them. Fact 1: he will make his decision before August, Fact 2: he had narrowed the schools down to Duke, UVA, and unc, Fact 3: he had two scholarships on the table, one from Duke and one from UVA, Fact 4: both brothers play at Duke, Fact 5: Duke hasn't lost a recruit to UVA. Maybe down the road we do lose a recruit to UVA but like I said, not this year.
    Well, I apologize if I offended you with my earlier post, but other than your #4 above, none of those things are facts. "Fact" 1 is an extrapolation of his brother and coach saying the decision would come "soon," and even if you think the sources are credible, it doesn't mean it would actually happen -- look at Austin Rivers, who himself said he would decide in August but now says no. "Fact" 2 was reported in one place and disputed elsewhere in multiple places; it was shaky evidence at best. "Fact" 3 is irrelevant, even if it was true -- your evidence was the word of a recruiting website, which most would agree is not entirely credible -- if Marshall was interested in UNC and UNC wanted him, it only takes a few seconds to extend the offer so the "fact" that they hadn't done so already was meaningless. And as for "fact" 5, Duke lost Willie Dersch to UVa 15 years ago, and at least a few in K's tenure before that, and I'm not sure about since then. I do know that in the mid-90s, after Duke went to 7 Final Fours in 9 years, we lost a recruit to Colgate, so anything is possible.

So in my opinion, anyway, what you gave was questionable evidence but nothing that rose to the level of a fact (other than your absolutely true statement that both of Marshall's brothers play at Duke, though I already knew that before you told me).

K and staff are there watching.

Quote Originally Posted by jimrowe0 View Post
    K and staff are there watching.
    You just made a rotten Monday bright & happy!

Bluedevilsreign Austin Rivers is going off he has 24 early in the 2nd half. Roy Williams or no one in the gym for unc. Nuff said. 16 minutes ago
    Maybe he was in a slow foursome. on the the golf course, you oinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by WiJoe View Post
    Maybe he was in a slow foursome. on the the golf course, you oinkers.
    Haha. Roy is actually in Augusta along with just about every other college basketball coach in the country. It is very important to be seen in the stands for these prospects' games, and is a pretty big thing that neither unc nor Florida coaches were in attendance...

Haha. Roy is actually in Augusta along with just about every other college basketball coach in the country. It is very important to be seen in the stands for these prospects' games, and is a pretty big thing that neither unc nor Florida coaches were in attendance...
    Thanks, airowe.

Somehow I can picture Ole Roy sneaking off to check out the Augusta National golf course rather than sitting around the gyms.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Well, I apologize if I offended you with my earlier post, but other than your #4 above, none of those things are facts. "Fact" 1 is an extrapolation of his brother and coach saying the decision would come "soon," and even if you think the sources are credible, it doesn't mean it would actually happen -- look at Austin Rivers, who himself said he would decide in August but now says no. "Fact" 2 was reported in one place and disputed elsewhere in multiple places; it was shaky evidence at best. "Fact" 3 is irrelevant, even if it was true -- your evidence was the word of a recruiting website, which most would agree is not entirely credible -- if Marshall was interested in UNC and UNC wanted him, it only takes a few seconds to extend the offer so the "fact" that they hadn't done so already was meaningless. And as for "fact" 5, Duke lost Willie Dersch to UVa 15 years ago, and at least a few in K's tenure before that, and I'm not sure about since then. I do know that in the mid-90s, after Duke went to 7 Final Fours in 9 years, we lost a recruit to Colgate, so anything is possible.

So in my opinion, anyway, what you gave was questionable evidence but nothing that rose to the level of a fact (other than your absolutely true statement that both of Marshall's brothers play at Duke, though I already knew that before you told me).
    I am not going to argue with you anymore if you want to try and undermine everything I post that's fine. Bottom line I said he would be a Blue Devil soon and what was it 3 days later it happened. Fact #2 was not shaky evidence and unc was never really in the picture because they never made an offer, unc would rather have Cody Zeller just like I would.

Rumor running from my UNC fans is that Austin says he hasn't heard from UNC in a couple of months. If it is down to us and UVA, then I feel really, really good about it.

And, the UNC types are saying that the lack of UNC attention isn't because they don't want Austin, but because they don't feel strong enough about their chances to waste time and resources on recruiting him. Evidently, Doc was more interested in UNC than his son was seems to be their take. FWIW

Quote Originally Posted by sandinmyshoes View Post
    Rumor running from my UNC fans is that Austin says he hasn't heard from UNC in a couple of months. If it is down to us and UVA, then I feel really, really good about it.

And, the UNC types are saying that the lack of UNC attention isn't because they don't want Austin, but because they don't feel strong enough about their chances to waste time and resources on recruiting him. Evidently, Doc was more interested in UNC than his son was seems to be their take. FWIW
    I think you've your recruits mixed up. Austin is deciding between UF and Duke, not UVA...that was Marshall
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    I think you've your recruits mixed up. Austin is deciding between UF and Duke, not UVA...that was Marshall
    Actually, I just typed in the wrong school after having read the previous few posts.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll edit. Or not, since the edit button seems to disappear after someone else has posted. It's going to be one of those days, isn't it.

Not counting today, there are 18 days left until it is offically August!

Was Slick Billy there?

No need to edit b/c I thought this was pretty funny and intentional actually based on what Kedsy and Sdot are arguing about.

Quote Originally Posted by PADukeMom View Post

Was Slick Billy there?
    I guess you missed Austin's latest diary entry where he said he wont be deciding in August and is more likely to decide in December.

Still, some on this board haven't ruled out the possibility of an August commitment.

I wonder why Doc "may" like UNC more. I wonder if it is a Paul Pierce thing. Either way I hope that he wants him just to look at the school and not sign on the dotted line for the bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by G man View Post
    I wonder why Doc "may" like UNC more. I wonder if it is a Paul Pierce thing. Either way I hope that he wants him just to look at the school and not sign on the dotted line for the bad guys.
    I hope Doc wants his son to do what his son thinks is best for him....not push a decision on him based on what doc likes
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by PADukeMom View Post

Was Slick Billy there?
    Slick Billy was not reported to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by G man View Post
    Paul Pierce went to Kansas maybe u know something I dont though

Quote Originally Posted by dcar1985 View Post
    Paul Pierce went to Kansas maybe u know something I dont though
    I'm guessing G Man was referring to the fact that Pierce played for both roy and Doc. Either way, it doesn't matter too much IMO.

I did not mean to imply that Doc Rivers liked UNC more than Duke. Only that he was, according to what I'm told, more interested in Austin checking out what it has to offer than Austin appears to have been inclined to do.

It does not appear to matter, as it looks like UNC has thrown in the towel on this one.