Page 146 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,920 of 3105
    Quote Originally Posted by kong123 View Post
    ...but it has been said that he called a UNC player after the Duke visit. Take it for what it's worth.
    Without a link to a credible source it isn't worth anything at all. On DBR, we prefer facts over rumors.
    Bob Green

i can say that i heard that AR called one of the UNC players after Coach K left and AR confirmed it in his blog.
    i think i misread the comment. but it has been said that he called a UNC player after the Duke visit.
    Ah, the classic misread.

Take it for what it's worth.
    Its also been said on IC that Rivers is a 91% lock for UNC, so its worth very little.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    Ah, the classic misread.

Its also been said on IC that Rivers is a 91% lock for UNC, so its worth very little.
    no one has said that AR is a 91% lock for UNC

Quote Originally Posted by Class of '94 View Post
    But it is good to hear back from you Kong. I'm not a proponent of Carolina fans but I've found many of your posts to be interesting in terms of getting a Tarheel perspective on things like recruiting. I too was generally curious and interested in hearing any feedback you might have heard on IC after K's visit to AR.

It's interesting to note that he called a Carolina player after K's visit but at the same time, he's also talked to Kyrie recently as well. I wouldn't be surprised if he's gotten HB's perspective on this since he went through a similar situation last year; but I don't think that will play a big role in AR decsision when you consider how close he is to Kyrie.
    Well since this has been asked a couple of times and Kong has not responded directly to the question, I believe we can infer that the mood has become a little less enthusiastic over at IC.

This is getting ridiculous...nothing is 100% until he signs.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by muzikfrk75 View Post
    This is getting ridiculous...nothing is 100% until he signs.
    Getting? This thread hit that milestone long, long ago.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Getting? This thread hit that milestone long, long ago.
    College recruiting, it's FANNNNN- ATIC!

Most of my UNC friends don't feel very positive about Austin at all. I think they had a slight bump in optimism lately, a very few actually even feel good about their chances. The rest seem to be conceding him to us. A good number of them seem perplexed as to why Williams is recruiting him since they don't think they have a realistic chance and they are fairly deep in the backcourt now (including commits). I don't believe those thinking that last bit realize how good Austin is.

The thing that makes me the most nervous is how good I actually feel about this one. Not getting him, at this point, would be more disappointing than the Barnes decision.

i agree, big void. if AR is only going to be in college for one year and he wanted to win a NC, would he have a better shot at it at UNC or Duke?
    HB is telling people in CH that he is staying for 3 years. of course, we all know how that goes....
    --Austin would have a much better shot at winning a title at Duke because he would be playing for one of the best coaches in the world. See last year's season as evidence of what the 2 coaches do when playing with 2 teams of similar ability. UNC was ranked preaseason #4 Coaches Poll and #6 AP going into last year. Duke was AP #9 and Coaches #8. K led a good team into a great one for the ages. Poor ol' Roy captained a catastrophe which he was quoted as saying was worse to him than the earthquakes in Haiti.
    --For anybody over at IC who believes HB will stay 3 years, I have some oceanfront property in Nevada I'd like to sell.
    Last edited by richardjackson199; 09-23-2010 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    --Austin would have a much better shot at winning a title at Duke because he would be playing for one of the best coaches in the world. See last year's season as evidence of what the 2 coaches do when playing with 2 teams of similar ability. UNC was ranked preaseason #4 Coaches Poll and #6 AP going into last year. Duke was AP #9 and Coaches #8. K led a good team into a great one for the ages. Poor ol' Roy captained a catastrophe which he was quoted as saying was worse to him than the earthquakes in Haiti.
    --For anybody over at IC who believes HB will stay 3 years, I have some oceanfront property in Nevada I'd like to sell.
    Well, it is really simple 4 > 2. The answer is Coach K.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    Well since this has been asked a couple of times and Kong has not responded directly to the question, I believe we can infer that the mood has become a little less enthusiastic over at IC.
    i haven't answered because this question because i feel it has already been answered. the general mood is optimistic. most had already accepted that Duke would get AR and now there is a breath of new life into his recruitment. A few of the "insiders" are getting everyone excited, making the members feel that we have a coin flip chance. I don't know that I feel this way. The majority feels that we will be in even better position once AR steps on campus. Unfortunately, he isn't attending UNC's Late Night, and I think that is a big big deal.

The mood over there isn't "less enthusiastic". Its way more! Cody Zeller received 2 visits last week. Some think he is the key to next years team. Also, Roy has visited SM in Vegas recently and everyone is stoked on that. Roy also flew to Conn. to see Drummond. He looks to be a UCONN lock at the moment, but with impending sanctions yet to be handed down, who knows. Lots of stuff going on over on the IC that doesn't revolve around AR.

i haven't answered because this question because i feel it has already been answered. the general mood is optimistic. most had already accepted that Duke would get AR and now there is a breath of new life into his recruitment. A few of the "insiders" are getting everyone excited, making the members feel that we have a coin flip chance. I don't know that I feel this way. The majority feels that we will be in even better position once AR steps on campus. Unfortunately, he isn't attending UNC's Late Night, and I think that is a big big deal.

The mood over there isn't "less enthusiastic". Its way more! Cody Zeller received 2 visits last week. Some think he is the key to next years team. Also, Roy has visited SM in Vegas recently and everyone is stoked on that. Roy also flew to Conn. to see Drummond. He looks to be a UCONN lock at the moment, but with impending sanctions yet to be handed down, who knows. Lots of stuff going on over on the IC that doesn't revolve around AR.
    Kong, sincerely, thanks for the update. It is interesting to see what unc is up to. Even though I despise tar heel teams, they are more interesting to me than any teams other than Duke.

As you can plainly see, there isn't much going on here that doesn't involve AR.

I can also see why it is good for unc that ol' roy is so full of it, because he seems to be spreading it pretty thick and over a good part of the country.

Yes but the question was how is the mood now that K had the in-house visit. That was not answered. Anyway, I did not mean to say the overall mood at IC is less enthusiastic, only the mood with regards to AR. I suspect that Ol Roy is doing fine on the recruiting trail, and neither Duke or UNC will collapse if they do not get AR. Both programs appear to be on solid footing for the next several years.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    Yes but the question was how is the mood now that K had the in-house visit. That was not answered. Anyway, I did not mean to say the overall mood at IC is less enthusiastic, only the mood with regards to AR. I suspect that Ol Roy is doing fine on the recruiting trail, and neither Duke or UNC will collapse if they do not get AR. Both programs appear to be on solid footing for the next several years.
    Coach K's visit has done nothing to the optimism over on the IC. For better or worse, those guys are immune to that sort of stuff.

Thanks....

Thanks Kong for answering the questions. I give you a lot of credit for taking the heat and being a good sport about it as evidenced by your return trips to post on DBR.

Quote Originally Posted by Class of '94 View Post
    Thanks Kong for answering the questions. I give you a lot of credit for taking the heat and being a good sport about it as evidenced by your return trips to post on DBR.
    thanks, i have fun here. sometimes people read too much into what i post and sometimes i get caught up in too many exchanges. i understand i represent a team you despise on this forum. i try not to let all the heat bother me, but sometimes i am guilty. luckily, for me, the mods haven't completely run me out of Dodge.

Coach K's visit has done nothing to the optimism over on the IC. For better or worse, those guys are immune to that sort of stuff.
    Now thats an answer! Thanks.

Is it all based on uncdave's magical percentage genrator? )

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Is it all based on uncdave's magical percentage genrator? )
    that is rather stupid, huh? those guys want the same cred Low has on that site. its pretty stupid, but it is entertaining!

Don't take this the wrong way, but to Kong, Zeller the key? I know that they are long and skinny enough to fit into most doors, but I haven't seen anything about his older brother after two years to consider him that important. Even our beloved Plumlees were not stars out of the gate. Like I say, I am not trying to be insulting (just joking a little), but I am not insane about MP3's immediate impact as a freshman. For the same reason, it just seems like that may be reaching, right? Do you consider him that big to you guys?