3 Months into U-VERSE

well, as i said back in april...not being able to stand time warner a SECOND longer, I kicked them to the curb and ordered up AT&T's U-verse.

3 months later, I'm pretty glad i did...

I only had two small service probs that the techs had to come out for...one for the television service and one for the internet.

I am still rocking with 18m down and 1.5 up (which makes my slingbox even MORE awesome...ANd i can get it on my iphone)

the other advantage i have is that i can now get ESPN 360...which you can NOT get on TWC.

the customer support has been very good...there seems to be a small glitch in authorizing additional OTHER email addresses to send FROM....they will be fine for a while, then they won't go thru....(other than AT&T domains)...but it ususally is good after a day...

so far, the billing is as promised, altho, i don't really like being charged a HD ACCESS fee (10$)

all in all, a good move .....till they jack the rates...

Good to hear. I'm not in a U-Verse area, but I would love to be able to recommend it to my parents in Chapel Hill. How do you like the DVR (do you have a DVR)? How's the HD channel lineup?

I just got FiOS installed after moving to Loudoun Co in VA. Thus far I'm very pleased (especially with the installation - no wires showing!). It was hard to give up DirecTV and the recording capacity, but the picture quality on FiOS is fantastic. Also 25/10Mbps is pretty sweet!

the DVR is actually a LOT better than TWC...i can record two shows at once AND watch 3 different HD stations at the same time...

any of the three boxes can pause, rewind and fast forward on any program..

U-VERSE has more HD stations than TWC and the quality is about equal.

AT&T U-verse

Anyone using it? Does anyone have any feedback?

I'm fed up with Time Warner and considering making the switch.

moonpie had a post on it awhile back.

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/...ad.php?t=16605
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post

it's an awesome service...make sure you read my thread about how they spoofed me on the sign up and subsequent price hike...

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/...ad.php?t=19220

Thanks for the links to posts. I think I'll be calling next week, and recording the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post

Maybe y'all need to move to Durham! Or maybe I am just really lucky. I have stayed with Time-Warner even though they are a little bit higher priced than other services (internet, cable, and phone) because of the consistently excellent customer service I have gotten. Seriously, evey time I have had a problem (and that hasn't been often) they have been out promptly, the service people have been knowledgeable and thorough, and things get taken care of. Given how many complaints I hear about them I must be living a charmed life (or their Durham office is superior to other parts of the state).

Quote Originally Posted by allenmurray View Post
    Maybe y'all need to move to Durham! Or maybe I am just really lucky. I have stayed with Time-Warner even though they are a little bit higher priced than other services (internet, cable, and phone) because of the consistently excellent customer service I have gotten. Seriously, evey time I have had a problem (and that hasn't been often) they have been out promptly, the service people have been knowledgeable and thorough, and things get taken care of. Given how many complaints I hear about them I must be living a charmed life (or their Durham office is superior to other parts of the state).
    Allen, you probably get that service by calling the local office directly. That's what I do down here in Southern Pines. If I ever try to call their listed service number, I end up in a queue for an operator in a call center in Ohio. When I speak to a person, and I need a service tech to come out the the house, they make an appointment for several days in the future. That's not good, so I use the phone numbers the service techs have given me, and that gets them here soon, before the next commercials, sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by allenmurray View Post
    I always had the same experience in Durham. Now I'm staying in an apartment near Burlington and service is good when I can get someone to come out here, but the service guys are CONSTANTLY late. And I don't mean coming at the tail end of their ridiculous 4 hour window that they give you for when they'll show up. Over the summer when I had just moved in I set up an appointment for sometime between 9 and 12 I believe. I had work at 2 (summer job, I'm in college). At about 3:30 someone calls "hey, sorry we're running a little late, we're right by you now are you there?" No!

So I had to make another appointment. The earliest they could get to me (after screwing me) was a week later. They pulled exactly the same thing on me for that appointment. At that point I called, chewed out whatever poor person I talked to and told them to get me someone TOMORROW. Not only did they show up on time, I also got my first month free! So the story did have a happy ending I suppose.

So yeah, Durham has unusually good service for Time Warner, based on my experience. When everything is installed and working properly I do prefer time warners digital stuff over other cable or satellite providers I've used at other people's houses.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    Allen, you probably get that service by calling the local office directly. That's what I do down here in Southern Pines. If I ever try to call their listed service number, I end up in a queue for an operator in a call center in Ohio. When I speak to a person, and I need a service tech to come out the the house, they make an appointment for several days in the future. That's not good, so I use the phone numbers the service techs have given me, and that gets them here soon, before the next commercials, sometimes.
    Exactly - I never call the coproate number - only the local one.