I found this article through a post in a different thread, but I thought it was interesting enough that it deserved its own thread so people won't miss it (mods feel free to delete if you disagree).
It's a great interview with on-the-point questions -- http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...wire&type=lgns
Some interesting tidbits:
- The coaching staff felt that three scholarship guards (Nolan, Scheyer, Ewill) + Jordan was more than enough depth
- Staff feels that Jordan is talented enough to play in real games -- awesome news!
- Pocius was set to go to Europe for a while so they didn't really try to convince him to stay for a 5th year
- The coaches feel that Singler's natural position in college is small forward. This is interesting to me only because I remember so many posters here insisting Singler is better suited at the 4 than the 3. I don't want to say I told you so but...........I told you so
- Lakers recruited Coach K hard back in 2004
No mention of Dawkins, but little surprise there until a formal announcement is made.