Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Andre Dawkins News!!!

Just scouring the sites and came across this potential great news from Jeff Goodman at FoxSports. I know it isn't officially confirmed but if anyone knows of any further hard facts, please pass it along!!!!

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/9...-play-for-Duke

Quote Originally Posted by NYDukie View Post
    Just scouring the sites and came across this potential great news from Jeff Goodman at FoxSports. I know it isn't officially confirmed but if anyone knows of any further hard facts, please pass it along!!!!

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/9...-play-for-Duke
    After reading the article I had to check the calendar to make sure it wasn't April 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    After reading the article I had to check the calendar to make sure it wasn't April 1.
    I did a double take when I went to the FoxSports College B Ball page...LOL I'm still not sure whether to fully believe this or not????

If this is true (how does a high school junior already have enough credits to graduate?), this is AWESOME news.

Is this fo real????? If so, it's the best news I've heard all day. If not, I hate Goodman.

Quote Originally Posted by Oriole Way View Post
    If this is true (how does a high school junior already have enough credits to graduate?), this is AWESOME news.
    Could this be how?

Dawkins averaged 22 points per game this past season at Atlantic Shores Christian in Virginia. He spent his freshman season at Deep Creak High (Va.) before repeating his freshman season at Atlantic Shores, where he, according to one source, has a 3.2 GPA.

I guess I'll answer my own question...

"Dawkins averaged 22 points per game this past season at Atlantic Shores Christian in Virginia. He spent his freshman season at Deep Creak High (Va.) before repeating his freshman season at Atlantic Shores, where he, according to one source, has a 3.2 GPA."

So he repeated a year... I guess he could have been a HS senior this season anyway.

There had been some whispers about an "August surprise".

Wonderful news!

He can help the 09-10 team a lot, IMO.

This has to be to good to be true idk i hope it is

Will he still have time to recruit if he's on the squad?

its a good day to be a devil

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor

Is this Real???

So is this for real? Has anyone from Duke confirmed that Dawkins is in fact enrolling and will play THIS season??

If so, this is Christmas in July and our backcourt just got a huge boost! I am dying to see a press release or something to confirm this.

I am almost scared to allow myself to think this anything more than wishful thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    So is this for real? Has anyone from Duke confirmed that Dawkins is in fact enrolling and will play THIS season??

If so, this is Christmas in July and our backcourt just got a huge boost! I am dying to see a press release or something to confirm this.

I am almost scared to allow myself to think this anything more than wishful thinking...
    I'm no authority whatsoever, but a lot of respected posters on the Scout board who have sources fairly close to the program have apparently known about this for weeks. This looks to be true.

I'm very happy about this, and I think next year's team will be about 3-5 wins better with Dawkins than it would have been otherwise. An injury to Nolan or Jon won't be nearly as devastating, although obviously injuries to any of the guards will still be a major concern.

Can't be true

Well this obviously can't be true. Coach K doesn't have near the time to get the logistics of something like this worked out while coaching Team USA.

That's sarcasm. As in, even an unfocused Coach K is better than 99% of the others out there, lol.

WOW.

Everyone cross their fingers and don't uncross them until we have a confirmation. I know everyone was starting to like Andre already, but if this is (knock on wood) true, it's going to elevate him to hero status among the faithful.

Here's to hoping that nickname comes a little sooner than we expected...

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    I'm no authority whatsoever, but a lot of respected posters on the Scout board who have sources fairly close to the program have apparently known about this for weeks. This looks to be true.

I'm very happy about this, and I think next year's team will be about 3-5 wins better with Dawkins than it would have been otherwise. An injury to Nolan or Jon won't be nearly as devastating, although obviously injuries to any of the guards will still be a major concern.
    Awesome.. A definite boost to the team in more ways than one! I checked ESPN and GODUKE.Com but nothing yet. But reading the Goodman article it looks promising and I guess he scored the big scoop before anyone else. I assume it will get confirmed shortly.

The karma is changing.. Seth Curry to Duke, lose E-Will but then "The Negotiator" comes a year early... loving it!!

Yeaaaaaaah!!!

Like Coach K said they "knew" about E-Will's situation when they recruited him... does anyone think maybe Coach K (and staff) knew that this was possible with A.Dawkins? Holy smokes... what a change in fortune

Wow. If this is true, Andre Dawkins is the man.