NC State loses a guard!!!

Uh oh, well we already had company with thin backcourts but it looks like we just got a little more.

Lorenzo Brown has failed to qualify academically for NC State. Huge blow for those guys...

I presume he might be eligible to return at the beginning of the second semester; if so, he would miss few (if any) ACC contests.

Quote Originally Posted by 4decadedukie View Post
    I presume he might be eligible to return at the beginning of the second semester; if so, he would miss few (if any) ACC contests.
    I think he's ineligible for the entire season due to not qualifying by NCAA standards. That's different than failing to make grades for a semester in college. Word is that he's going to go to Hargrave for a year.

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.
    So much for that awesome recruiting class for the wolfies. Looks like they are destined for the kids table in the basement with the Wahoos.

Quote Originally Posted by whereinthehellami View Post
    So much for that awesome recruiting class for the wolfies. Looks like they are destined for the kids table in the basement with the Wahoos.
    I feel kinda sorry for Sydney and the Wuffies. They have trouble catching a break.

Bitter irony for Sydney that the qualities he possessed as a player, being a smart, aggressive ball handler and decision maker, are proving to be so elusive in recruiting.

Maybe now they understand why Les had to do what he had to do. It's no coincidence that Valvano went for less glamorous players in his hey day...

Losing Brown hurts NC State, but their biggest worry is like the old Wendy's commercial - Where's the beef?

Their problem is more how to replace McCauley, Costner & Fells.

Tracy Smith and Dennis Horner is a pretty small front line duo returning, unless they have other some recruits, which then changes the problem to how effective they will be as frosh.