Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Roscoe Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    The latter rather than the former.
    Nah, it's just proof that technology is cyclical.

Next play!

Is it Roscoe Smith?

I think the next play is a game. Tonight. Isn't focusing on the group we have -- and the actual games they play -- a lot more fun, interesting and productive than worrying about what 17-year-old kids will decide?

I sure hope they planned for this(assuming since roscoe still had duke in final 3)and have already offered roscoe i sure hope we give'em hell next year when he comes to visit.

It has to be. If we don't get him, it will be a complete failure. Kyrie Irving is all well and good, but we need some versatility in our frontcourt to go with him.

Thumbs up Paging R. Smith!

It seems obvious that Mr. Smith is our next recruiting destination. He's supposedly a great slasher, defender, speedy sorta guy. That would seem to be a clear need for us going into next (and this) season.

Just a reminder, however, that he is NOT a lock for Duke. Let's keep those fingers crossed. Roscoe would be a terrific "get."

Go Duke!

-BDBD

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCrazy84 View Post
    It has to be. If we don't get him, it will be a complete failure. Kyrie Irving is all well and good, but we need some versatility in our frontcourt to go with him.
    A "complete failure?" Get some perspective. If Singler comes back, Duke has a sick amount of talent on the perimeter next year: Kyle, Nolan, Irving, Dawkins, Curry, Hairston, Thornton. That's more than enough to be really, really good.

This is why I try to avoid recruiting.

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.
    I feel for Coach, it must feel like a real kick in the pants.

wish I could. I always feel ridiculous caring so much about what 16-18 year olds do. Especially now that I'm older than them. But championships are built in part by recruiting

This kid can shoot. He is a 4 year player. 6'7 SF and the versatility is there. Lets get this kid and finish out a GREAT class. Duke basketball is no wheres close to being out of a National championship because of Harrison Barnes. We play UNC twice!!! That's it!! He is a great player, yes. But He chose to be a hole. Now lets hope Roscoe's "Wait and see" decision has DUKE in it.

I realize he's getting talked about in the "Next Play" thread, but as Jumbo said there, the next play really is the game tonight... But as far as recruiting goes, for those who are so inclined, the focus definitely switches to Roscoe now!

Well...Coach K must have been wrong on Harrison.

If he can somehow get Roscoe at this point after what I've heard regarding the situation, it would be amazing.

Paging Julian Washburn makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by whereinthehellami View Post
    I feel for Coach, it must feel like a real kick in the pants.
    I was completely shocked by the decision.

I was 99% sure it would be Duke.

Brutal....My hat is off to K for being able to perservere through this type of stuff....

This "next play" talk is just annoying. Can't we all just be disappointed for a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by DukeCO2009 View Post
    This "next play" talk is just annoying. Can't we all just be disappointed for a bit?
    Sure, on your own time.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCrazy84 View Post
    You can't be serious.

First of all, Kyrie was a HUGE get, and as many have said was in most ways more important than Barnes.

Second, even if Kyle doesn't come back we're stacked in the frontcourt. Especially since with all the guard depth we're going to have there will only be two frontcourt players in the game at most times.

Third, Roscoe Smith is supposed to be a good player, but he's ranked lower than Josh Hairston, who has already signed a letter of intent for Duke.

But more important than the fact that Roscoe Smith will not be a "savior" for Duke is the fact that Duke doesn't need to be saved.

I really hope Coach K catches Roscoe now. I also hope that if we do catch him, he'll try to prove himself that he will be just as good as hb-if not, better.

Did I read in the past month that HB and Smith are chippy. That they have gotten into it before?

I'll take passion and talent over talent anyday.

Everyone is different - but I'm someone who would want to play against the supposed best. Wonder if it helps us with him that HB is next door.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    A "complete failure?" Get some perspective. If Singler comes back, Duke has a sick amount of talent on the perimeter next year: Kyle, Nolan, Irving, Dawkins, Curry, Hairston, Thornton. That's more than enough to be really, really good.

This is why I try to avoid recruiting.
    I think that statement kind of sums it up. We can be very good, but its hard to believe we will contend for a national championship any time soon. Of course we're all spoiled with the last 25 years, but I do remember the mid 70s watching the tournament thinking how great it would be if Duke were participating.