Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roscoe Smith

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Roscoe Smith

On rivals.com it says that Duke has offered Roscoe Smith. Smith says he has the Blue Devils high on his list.

http://duke.rivals.com/viewprospect...2&pr_key=68256

Quote Originally Posted by Bsim412 View Post
    On rivals.com it says that Duke has offered Roscoe Smith. Smith says he has the Blue Devils high on his list.

http://duke.rivals.com/viewprospect...2&pr_key=68256
    He lists Duke, Florida, Georgetown, UCONN, and Maryland as his top 5. Interesting that UNC is no longer in the picture. Plans on making a trip to Duke in August.

He's been offered.

Quote Originally Posted by RazzyBailey31 View Post
    He's been offered.
    Ummmm, yeah. That is what the opening post in the thread said.

-Jason
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Ummmm, yeah. That is what the opening post in the thread said.

-Jason
    And ummm, many times Rivals and Scout are not accurate or up to date on who's been offered and who hasn't. I'm saying he definetly has been.

It seems that Roscoe has been waiting for this offer for a long time. Maybe he could commit to Duke in August during his visit but who knows. This is great news though because Roscoe is a very good player but I'm surpired Duke didn't offer Dominque Ferguson instead of Smith but both are great players so you can't go wrong with either one. Roscoe is very happy to be offered by Duke seeing on the link I posted before that Duke is high on his list.

I'm saying he definetly (sic) has been.
    Can you provide a link to a source? How do we know that you know he has definitely been offered a scholarship?
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Can you provide a link to a source? How do we know that you know he has definitely been offered a scholarship?

Nope. Sure can't. Guess you'll have to take my word for it. Next time I'll be sure to not type in a hurry before leaving work so all words are spelled correctly. I sure would hate to misspell a word on here again.

Nope. Sure can't. Guess you'll have to take my word for it. Next time I'll be sure to not type in a hurry before leaving work so all words are spelled correctly. I sure would hate to misspell a word on here again.
    Like houstondukie, I was just having fun so I've no problem saying sorry if you really took offense. I'll take your word on the offer. It would be nice to see Roscoe Smith accept sooner rather than later.
    Bob Green

None at all. Just havin some fun. Have to say I'm loving the wide net recruiting approach K has adjusted to. 2010 is going to be a monster class.

Roscoe Smith played at a high school in Baltimore, and is transferring to Oak Hill this year. Based on what I read, he sounds like a versatile player and potentially an outstanding defender.

Perhaps 3 more (a PG, Barnes, and another front court player?) to add to the 3 already commited for 2010? And Seth Curry, too. Nice.

Proper spelling or not, please post a link to a source whenever it does become available. If you're close or even local to the situation, then you'll probably be aware of the news (offers, impressions of official visits, signings) before many of us are. Fair enough?

To me, high school recruiting has become the most important part of college basketball, even as it remains the least interesting part. There's a lot of misinformation out there, and people (even here) who go nuts at some carefully selected and edited YouTube coverage. The downside of having a savior mentality, I suppose.

Welcome to the board. In any given thread, you can see how many posts a contributing member has ever made. It's sort of an unofficial measure of how jaded they may be when it comes to recruiting hype.

It's nice to have more than one basket for our eggs. Good recruiting move.

This means Duke has offered eight players now

Commits:
    Andre Dawkins
    Josh Hairston
    Tyler Thornton

Considering and Offered:
    Harrison Barnes
    Brandon Knight
    Kyrie Irving
    Josh Smith
    Roscoe Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Bsim412 View Post
    This means Duke has offered eight players now

Commits:
    Andre Dawkins
    Josh Hairston
    Tyler Thornton

Considering and Offered:
    Harrison Barnes
    Brandon Knight
    Kyrie Irving
    Josh Smith
    Roscoe Smith
    Have also seen stories indicating Duke is additionally interested in:

Ray McCallum -- PG from Detroit area (Shane's old school)
    Joe Jackson -- PG from Memphis area (friend of Elliot's; lean to Memphis?)
    Dominique Ferguson---forward from Indianapolis

So we might not be done looking and evaluating
    Last edited by roywhite; 07-06-2009 at 12:56 PM.

This all makes sense. If there was ever a year to have such a wide net for Duke, 2010 is it. How many open scholarships will we have? 6-7? Playing time definitely won't be a concern for any of these guys, they will basically be the future of the program. Andre Dawkins should be on the phone sealing the deal with them! It should be a good summer and fall for us.

Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCrazy84 View Post
    This all makes sense. If there was ever a year to have such a wide net for Duke, 2010 is it. How many open scholarships will we have? 6-7? Playing time definitely won't be a concern for any of these guys, they will basically be the future of the program. Andre Dawkins should be on the phone sealing the deal with them! It should be a good summer and fall for us.

Go Duke!
    Plus, if Coach K does indeed coach the Olympic team again, wrapping up a 6 man class for '10 would take pressure off of landing big classes in '11 and '12 (when the Olympic commitment will be over). The 09 and 10 class (assuming 6 commits for '10) would carry Duke through the 2012 Olympics while adding 1 or 2 guys for '11 and '12 to replace any early departures.

Quote Originally Posted by mo.st.dukie View Post
    Plus, if Coach K does indeed coach the Olympic team again, wrapping up a 6 man class for '10 would take pressure off of landing big classes in '11 and '12 (when the Olympic commitment will be over). The 09 and 10 class (assuming 6 commits for '10) would carry Duke through the 2012 Olympics while adding 1 or 2 guys for '11 and '12 to replace any early departures.
    Very interesting point, I had not thought about it that way. Would make K's life a lot easier, and I think many folks' around here less stressful.

Here is a link from scout.com about Roscoe Smith

http://duke.scout.com/a.z?s=167&p=2&...%2f877524.html

Recent News About Roscoe

Link

Roscoe Smith, a 6-7 SF out of Oak Hill (Va.) Academy, also has a long list.

He mentioned UConn, Duke, Florida, Kentucky and LSU and said he planned to take several unofficials before school starts.
    “After Friday I will be making some unofficial visits,” he said. “I’m going to pick out the school that I’m going to commit to going on the middle of my Oak Hill season.”